PDA

View Full Version : o ring sending unit leak

nissanman22
11-14-2016, 06:54 PM
hey guys

I just swapped out a dead fuel pump . I replaced the oring, cleaned both the tank service and the underneath of the sending unit. I even made sure to seat the ring properly and torque the bolts down in a star pattern and to the fsm torque spec . why is it bubbling out the between the sending unit and the tank . ? any ideas?

gaz_moose
11-15-2016, 04:35 AM
did you reuse the original bolts? ive seen people use bolts that are too long which puncture the top of the tank.

was the O ring still the same size? did it fit well in the grove? was it still round and not squashed flat? sometimes they loose their profile and become flat, they are known to expand and not sit in the grove correctly.

nissanman22
11-15-2016, 07:06 AM
did you reuse the original bolts? ive seen people use bolts that are too long which puncture the top of the tank.

was the O ring still the same size? did it fit well in the grove? was it still round and not squashed flat? sometimes they loose their profile and become flat, they are known to expand and not sit in the grove correctly.

yes ! thanks . the oem gasket I got from dORMAN had a different profile. it was almost square like. got an oem one . sad perfectly! thanks for the help