PDA

View Full Version : No start but back fire. sr20

Pygmy240sx
11-13-2016, 09:09 PM
Whats up guys.
I've recently decided to do an sr20det swap on my 240sx s13 that was automatic. but ive run into some trouble.
simply put the car just cranks and cranks with little backfire. ive timed the car multiple times but with no luck. same thing happens.
ive check spark and it is blue on all spark plugs. it smells of fuel and will flood the engine.
When i was doing the swap i messed up on the wiring on the passenger side behind the headlight but, I am assured that it is all fixed.
The only thing i could think it would be is the cas. as it has a bend on the disc but idk if that is normal or not.
Im gonna buy a new wiring harness just from wiring specialties but i honestly dont think it has to do with that area of wiring. :down:
my real question is would a bend in the CAS completely disable the engine to not start at all? Some times when i turn the cas a little it will sputter but i havent heard the engine start.

anything helps. Will upload some pics of the cas and the engine. maybe make a small video on youtube this weekend to show whats happening and get some better knowledge of my situation to you guys..

RyukoSilvia
11-15-2016, 04:37 PM
Maybe your igniter chip is bad? :confused:

blkvrtswp
11-15-2016, 07:24 PM
Probably timing off and/or flooded. Remove and reinstall the CAS using the FSM steps - don't skip any. Pull the spark plugs and let the cylinders dry out - use a hair dryer if in a hurry. Make sure you change the oil to get rid of the gas from flooding - it can cause a spun bearing.

cotbu
11-17-2016, 09:34 AM
I agree with timing off. Set the engine to tdc and reinstall the cas. If you cant hear when compression stroke is coming? Remove valve cover and make the cam lobes point outwards
<¤ ¤> and restab the cas per fsm. Snug up the bolts dont tighten them, after you get it running set base idle and timing.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

jedi03
11-18-2016, 07:39 AM
had b16 do this...timing was off

Karlhammer
11-28-2016, 11:11 PM
Firing order

Karlhammer
11-28-2016, 11:12 PM
Car has good compression?

zylvia213
12-01-2016, 10:43 PM
pretty good chance the CAS maybe causing this issue along with the timing. I had this problem with my 2jz. One of the tooth's on the CAS was chipped and it was throwing the ECU off. Set it to TDC and redo the timing first...if no go swap that CAS out. GL