PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait for elections to be over.

HaLo
10-04-2004, 11:48 AM
I'm getting tired of reading arguments about why Bush sucks and Kerry is a waffle...

Maybe I should just mind my own business ;)

But let me be the first to say that your 2 party system pretty much sucks. I am happy I am not american, because I wouldn't be voting for either. :)

old_s13
10-04-2004, 11:59 AM
thats why i am not voting, because i dont care. either face will make no difference in the whitehouse, they're both jagoffs who are controlled by the illuminati.

fuck politix

HaLo
10-04-2004, 12:03 PM
It's not that I wouldn't care...
but realisticly, both don't reprensent what I would want as a leader for my country. And that is why a 2-party system is flawed. No wonder vote turnout is always so low.

sykikchimp
10-04-2004, 12:03 PM
well technically we aren't a two party country. We also have the Independent, Green, Reform, as well as many other parties. But in practice, we are typically a two party system.

I wish it was over too. I'm seriously getting tired of all the debate. This years election is turning out to be one of the most hottly contested ever.

HaLo
10-04-2004, 12:05 PM
I know it's technically not a 2-party system... but who the hell votes for another party? 2-3% of the population?

anyways, let's end this senseless debates.

nocomedown
10-04-2004, 01:31 PM
But let me be the first to say that your 2 party system pretty much sucks. I am happy I am not american, because I wouldn't be voting for either. :)
i agree with you, the system is flawed, but i prefer it to the alternative. look at France...they have an incredible amount of parties, but they all focus on only 1 issue. i'd rather have a 2 party system where the main parties incorporate many different issues into their platform so they can be prepared to run all parts of the country rather than elect a member of a party who is really only concerned with one issue. i guess you just have to decide what issues you think are most important and decide which candidate agrees with you the most.

nissantuner22
10-04-2004, 01:37 PM
Do the right thing, vote Illuminati.

RJF
10-04-2004, 03:20 PM

Does Canada even have elections? :D

HaLo
10-04-2004, 04:00 PM
Yeah, but nobody (elsewhere in the world) cares.

Phlip
10-04-2004, 05:26 PM
Do the right thing, vote Illuminati.
But Ronald Reagan died a couple months ago

RJF
10-04-2004, 06:16 PM
But Ronald Reagan died a couple months ago

But his legacy lives!