View Full Version : sr20 stock turbo mani vs aftermarket

doridoridori
11-13-2016, 01:35 PM
had a question that i hope hasn't been covered before (searched didn't find the answer i was looking for). With the stock turbo manifold does it keep the turbo closer to the engine versus most aftermarket turbo manifolds?

dorkidori_s13
11-13-2016, 01:44 PM
pretty sure they all mount at relatively the same point... otherwise you would have problems with mounting your downpipe and exhaust.

top mount manifolds are a totally different story.

doridoridori
11-13-2016, 08:29 PM
pretty sure they all mount at relatively the same point... otherwise you would have problems with mounting your downpipe and exhaust.

top mount manifolds are a totally different story.

is that right? ok just checking im gonna stick with the stock mani wasn't sure if i should get aftermarket similar to the stock mani design but wasn't sure if it pushed the turbo out further

dorkidori_s13
11-13-2016, 09:59 PM
I prefer the OE manifold to any tubular unit... Biggest reason is they NEVER crack! Outside of old school HKS and Trust cast iron manifolds, the OE Mani is the most durable manifold you could ever run!!! Ive never had any experience with PORTING them, but I'm sure with some careful and creative work they can be made to flow a bit better.

KAT-PWR
11-13-2016, 10:12 PM
I prefer the OE manifold to any tubular unit... Biggest reason is they NEVER crack! Outside of old school HKS and Trust cast iron manifolds, the OE Mani is the most durable manifold you could ever run!!! Ive never had any experience with posting them, but I'm sure with some careful and creative work they can be made to flow a bit better.

Money.... money is what makes them flow better and a lot of it.

rawgarage
11-13-2016, 11:39 PM
Turbo is dead on on highend manifold

doridoridori
11-14-2016, 12:23 AM
I prefer the OE manifold to any tubular unit... Biggest reason is they NEVER crack! Outside of old school HKS and Trust cast iron manifolds, the OE Mani is the most durable manifold you could ever run!!! Ive never had any experience with posting them, but I'm sure with some careful and creative work they can be made to flow a bit better.

thanks man I heard a few other ppl prefer the oem one as well, i'll keep it stock in that case