PDA

View Full Version : Faint idea of how much insurance will be?

prophet_19
10-03-2004, 01:45 PM
Ive been hearing this alot. 200+ for a 19 yearold. Anyone here thats around 19 and just got insruance know how much it would be for a 19yearold? If you have a 4 cylinder car? I know its alot more if you have V6 or V8. Anyone have a ballpark estimate. Or a company that is known for low cheap in surance.

SilviaNinja240
10-03-2004, 02:53 PM
Maybe this should be moved to "off topic" unless we are going to have a meet up talking about insurance costs. In that case, I'll meet ya'll up infront of the Allstate office and we can talk about premiums :)

My advice would be to register the car under your parents insurance, otherwise insurance is too much to pay with the going pay they are paying 19-year olds with. Also helps if you don't have any tickets or accidents under your belt.

mrmephistopheles
10-03-2004, 02:57 PM
1. Moving to Off-topic.
2. useless smilies deleted from prophet's post. (wtf is the point?)
3. Call a goddamn insurance company. There are WAY too many factors involved in insurance quote like driving experience, ticket history, theft rate for your car, theft rate for your area, etc etc etc.

KA24DESOneThree
10-03-2004, 11:29 PM
I live in north San Diego county. The insurance company doesn't know about my accident. (it was in my old car anyway) I'm 18.5. No tickets. As far as they know, no mods. The amount: ~$1200 a year under my parent's insurance. Probably less than that; I don't pay for it because I'm spoiled/can't get a good job because my dad wants me to focus on my studies.

Phlip
10-03-2004, 11:46 PM
http://www.progressive.com/

... bitch