PDA

View Full Version : NJ 1997 240SX RB25DET - Bad Bearings - $13K Negotiable

yungrukh
10-26-2016, 07:44 AM
Long story short: Beautiful chassis, but the bearings in the motor are starting to go. A lot of the motor is salvageable, I just did an oil change and found metal flakes in my filter. For serious buyers, info is as follows:

The chassis is immaculate, lots of goodies on this thing. Interior is perfect too, has a sunroof. The car ran 10.8s on the current setup, and pushed over 600hp on E85. The car is on Volk TE37s with Mickey Thompson drag radials, I'm willing to part the motor but the chassis, interior, wheels, and fuel delivery system I'd like to keep together. The motor does need a rebuild, the bearings are starting to go (found stripper glitter in the oil). I'll start it up for a serious buyer, but it shouldn't be driven. Drop in a new long block, or rebuild this one, whatever you like. Lots of work was done, so much of it should still be salvageable, I caught this thing early on. The car was built with new parts 3,000 miles ago, mods are as follows:

RB25DET with Greddy intake manifold and Infiniti Q45 throttle body
Ceramic coated top mount turbo manifold.
RB26 Rods with RB25 Pistons
Micropolished Crank
ACL Bearings
Rb25 Neo Oil Pump
Greddy timing belt.
Precision 1000cc injectors
Precision Turbo 6766 billet wheel (t3 frame) capable of making 800HP
Tial Wastegate and Tial BOV
3 inch intercooler aluminum piping
3 inch intercooler inlet and outlet
Competition clutch twin disc (grabs excellent)
Custom 3 1/4 inch exhaust with Apexi exhaust tip
Trans in great shape, no grinds or pop outs

ECU-
Jim Wolf chipped ECU (good for 900 hp power) used with apexi pigyback controller to finetune. Used with Ford Lightning blow through MAF sensor.

Differential-
Car has Infitniti J30 rear end with 4.63 gears bought from Mazworx.

Fuel system-
Car has twin Bosch system in the trunk in a surge tank supplied by and in tank Walbro. Fuel system setup is capable of producing 1000 hp. From the dual Boschs there is a 8AN line ran straight into the fuel rail. battery is also located in the trunk along with surge tank. Aeromotive FPR to adjust pressure

Brakes:
300ZX Calipers up front
300ZX Brake Master Cylinder

Body:
Pearl White Paint
Carbon Fiber Hood (dipped black to prevent weathering until spring)
USDM front lip
Kouki Sideskirts

Suspension:
Subframe has all aftermarket adjustable camber bars.
The car is on lowering springs up front, have the new rears in original packaging to match. Rides great.

It sucks that I have to let this go but I need a reliable car right now, my daily decided to stop working as well. Partial trades considered, only Honda/Acura I'd like is an RSX Type S or an S2000. Price is negotiable, but you're getting a LOT of great stuff with this car, with great supporting mods, so no low ballers. I'd keep it but between school and work I have no time. Text is the best way to reach me, my name is Shah. 732-331-0787