PDA

View Full Version : Temp sensor wires for electronic fan controller

Purp240
10-11-2016, 09:12 AM
Hello.

I have a circuit sports electronic fan controller. I had a problem with one of the wires on the temp sensor breaking so it won't read my coolant temp. I am wondering if anyone knows where I can source just this wire. It's not the actual sensor or wire that is attached to the sensor. It's the wire that goes from the sensor to the back of the controller inside the car. I'll try to post a pic Below of exactly that I need. I can find the controller but I can't seem to find if I can buy just that part of the wire.

If anyone has one of these controllers for sale or if anyone can part out just the wire I need I'll buy it off you. But please help me out. My car is down because I have no fans right now.

I've emailed circuit sports and p2m but still waiting on response.

The pic shows the actual wire I need with the little white connectors.

Thanks in advance
Anthony

w0nderbr3ad
10-11-2016, 10:23 AM
Make a new connection? If connectors on both ends are good, just take off the shielding off the old wires, find the break, repair it by soldering some new wire in place of the break, heat shrink, test. If you can't solder, use crimp connectors.

Purp240
10-11-2016, 11:12 AM
If only it was that easy. Lol. The wires actually pulled out of the tiny white connector at the end of the wire that plugs into the back of the controller. I tried to re pin the connector but it is extremely small and hard to do so I'm looking for a new wire

Thanks
Anthony

crazybb
10-11-2016, 11:54 AM
It's off topic but how do you like the fan controller

Purp240
10-11-2016, 11:59 AM
^^^ it's pretty good. Actually regardless of what people say, some will say it's a pos. But if you install it correctly it will work good. I've had no problems with it except for this wire that's kinda my fault cause I didn't leave enough slack in the wire when I installed it in the interior of the car. But it does work good and it helped me eliminate having to put all kinds of guages in the car. It tells me volts water temp and oil temp all in one unit It's easy to work also

anti tyler
10-11-2016, 12:05 PM
Didn't this come with 2 bundles of wires? I have the box still in my storage unit I'll take a look and see if I still have the second bundle in my box.

It's a good little fan controller.

w0nderbr3ad
10-11-2016, 12:38 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-Power-Jack-Plug-2-Pin-Wire-Socket-Connector-Lead-/161045873131?hash=item257f1501eb:g:cXMAAOxy2YtRupq 7

Maybe those? Hard to tell without close up of the white plug.

anti tyler
10-11-2016, 01:28 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-Power-Jack-Plug-2-Pin-Wire-Socket-Connector-Lead-/161045873131?hash=item257f1501eb:g:cXMAAOxy2YtRupq 7

No those aren't the same, they're too big and the connector shape is different.

Purp240
10-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Didn't this come with 2 bundles of wires? I have the box still in my storage unit I'll take a look and see if I still have the second bundle in my box.

It's a good little fan controller.

It did but I used one of them to run a sensor so it shows me oil temp as well as the one for the coolant The oil temp readout is kinda what sold me on this unit. I was able to cut out the need for more guages. I use this car for track days and street use

Purp240
10-11-2016, 02:50 PM

They kinda actually look like those but just the male end is what would use. And the ones I need are extremely small.

Bushido
10-11-2016, 03:52 PM
I need something like the Circuit Sports Fan controller, but I am afraid to buy such an important device from a company like Circuit Sports. Is that irrational? Is this item a knockoff of another product? OP how long have you had this thing? I'm already a bit leery with the wire situation here... The fact that you are asking for help with the thing on Zilvia instead of being able to easily ask the manufacturer says something i guess.

I was looking into the DIF fan controller and I also like the Part Shop MAX EVDM, the Circuit Sports fan controller basically combines these two items into one unit...

w0nderbr3ad
10-11-2016, 03:54 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Sets-Micro-JST-2-0-PH-2-Pin-Connector-plug-with-Wires-Cables-150MM-HW-/322106049693?hash=item4aff04449d:g:31YAAOSwInxXNDf n

anti tyler
10-11-2016, 03:56 PM
I need something like the Circuit Sports Fan controller, but I am afraid to buy such an important device from a company like Circuit Sports. Is that irrational? Is this item a knockoff of another product?

I was looking into the DIF fan controller and I also like the Part Shop MAX EVDM, the Circuit Sports fan controller basically combines these two items into one unit...

This controller works perfectly fine. I've had it for 2 years now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Sets-Micro-JST-2-0-PH-2-Pin-Connector-plug-with-Wires-Cables-150MM-HW-/322106049693?hash=item4aff04449d:g:31YAAOSwInxXNDf n

That's it, but from China would be an unreasonable amount of time

Purp240
10-11-2016, 03:57 PM
I need something like the Circuit Sports Fan controller, but I am afraid to buy such an important device from a company like Circuit Sports. Is that irrational? Is this item a knockoff of another product?

It's actually a good unit. I'm not sure about those others how good they are or what. But I can tell you that there is another company called p2m or sumthing like that that makes the exact same controller. It literally he same thing with a different brand stamped on it.

anti tyler
10-11-2016, 06:37 PM
As I stated before, I should have the second set of wires in my box still. I'll look tomorrow for you

Purp240
10-12-2016, 04:46 PM
^^^ ok just waiting on you thanks for looking..

if not i got in contact with circuit sports and they might have one available for me to buy..

jumboflan
10-25-2016, 05:12 PM
have you tried snapon repinning tools? You could get it from a friend maybe? they are small spring steel type pin pushers.

Purp240
10-31-2016, 05:33 PM
Just an update..actually wasnt too bad after all..For some reason I was thinking that it was gonna be impossible to find this connector...but looked up on their website and found out that they actually called the part the "sensor harness extender". So i emailed them and they sent me one over and I ran the wire and that was it problem solved...

Anthony