PDA

View Full Version : The Truth about the "Draft" *Political Content*

KA24DESOneThree
09-30-2004, 11:30 AM
Let's address the draft, shall we? Some of you have probably gotten the e-mail about the current administration trying to get a draft passed. There's a little truth behind that, but not much. Here is the truth:
There is currently a draft bill. It was introduced by a liberal Democrat, Representative Charlie Rangle (D-NY). Its counterpart (S.89) was introduced by yet another liberal Democrat, Senator Fritz Hollings (D-SC).

H.R.163: SHORT TITLE: Universal National Service Act of 2003

OFFICIAL TITLE AS INTRODUCED: To provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes.
Long) Title: To provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes.

Endorsed by the following: Neil Abercrombe (D-HI), Wm. Lacy Clay (D-MO), Elijah Cummings (D-MD), Sheila Jackson-Lee (D-TX), Jim McDermott (D-WA), Eleanor Norton Holmes (D-DC), Nydia Velasquez (D-NY), Corrine Brown (D-FL), John Conyers Jr. (D-MI), Alcee Hastings (D-FL), John Lewis (D-GA), James Moran (D-VA), Fortney Pete Stark (D-CA).

Corresponding Senate bill: S.89

Title: A bill to provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes.

Sponsor: Sen Hollings, Ernest F. (D) SC (introduced 1/7/2003) Cosponsors: (none)

See for yourselves at: http://www.crossroad.to/Excerpts/government/reinstate-draft.htm

Thus, any and all statements about OUR PRESIDENT OR ANYONE LINKED TO HIM reinstating the draft are INCORRECT. These bills were drafted for the SOLE INTENTION OF MISLEADING THE PUBLIC INTO THINKING THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION IS GOING TO INSTITUTE A DRAFT AND THUS GETTING KERRY MORE VOTES.

HyperTek
09-30-2004, 11:56 AM
Im I the only one who viewed this??? musta been the *political content* warning..

nismo2491
09-30-2004, 12:54 PM
THERE WILL BE NO DRAFT. THE 2 BILLS ARE OVER A YEAR OLD. DON'T REFER TO A DRAFT BUT REFER TO MANDATORY TIME SERVING IN THE MILITARY. AND THEY HAVE BEEN IN COMITTEE FOR 2 YEARS. ONE HAS NO SUPPORTERS THE OTHER HAS 9. THEY WILL NEVER LEAVE COMMITTEE GET OVER IT PEOPLE!!!!
KEvin

nismo2491
09-30-2004, 12:55 PM
elijah cummings endorsed it?? I know who I'm not voting for in this election.
not that I think serving your country is a bad thing in the least, especially considering USMC status, but I do think there are some people I would not trust defending our country. the fucked up kids and stuff.
KEvin

sykikchimp
09-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Bah, draft isn't comming. What I had read said that it just happened that there has been a big recycling of draft workers (something about a 20 year work cycle) and it just happened that they were pushing a bill to increase funding for increased recruitment for those positions. It got twisted somehow by the media to sound like they were trying to get the draft re-instated.

Both sides Dems, and Repugs say they won't institute a draft.

mrmephistopheles
09-30-2004, 05:37 PM
Thus, any and all statements about OUR PRESIDENT OR ANYONE LINKED TO HIM reinstating the draft are INCORRECT. These bills were drafted for the SOLE INTENTION OF MISLEADING THE PUBLIC INTO THINKING THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION IS GOING TO INSTITUTE A DRAFT AND THUS GETTING KERRY MORE VOTES.

Alot of you guys are missing the important part of his post.

S14DB
09-30-2004, 06:42 PM
Should have a Religious warning on this thread too.

FastBack 240
09-30-2004, 06:52 PM
If we are still every other countries army as well as our own and if we are still in Iraq when N. Korea desides to push buttons then its inevitable.