PDA

View Full Version : S13 No Power to Radio

FERO_S13
09-15-2016, 12:58 PM
Hey im new to the zilvia community :)
Okay so im having problems with not getting power to the stereo in my s13, i have searched and seen people replacing tcu or things like checking fuses. well i have replaced tcu already and checked my fuses and they are good but still have no power to the R&B wire to the stereo. i have power when i turn on the switch on i think its the B&W wire but nothing on the R&B. my taillights turn signals and headlight work except my dome light and chime, also the auto seatbelt only works with the switch on.
Any other things i might be forgetting to check? Having no stereo sucks :-/

pacotaco345
09-15-2016, 01:09 PM
Does the clock in your gauge cluster work? If it doesn't I'm like 22/10 positive that either your "room light" fuse is blown or that circuit is messed up somehow. (the fuse is in the driver's kick panel)

FERO_S13
09-15-2016, 01:44 PM
Its gonna sound crazy but it only work when the door is closed and the switch on .. so if the car is running and i open the door it goes off and if i close the door it turns on but resets every time but i figured it was my cluster since i have the hud and those things are always a pita.. but yeah lamp fuse is good

pacotaco345
09-15-2016, 11:05 PM
there's a short in the room lamp circuit somewhere. all that stuff is related.

FERO_S13
09-16-2016, 11:19 AM
Alright man thnks .. ill have a look at it this weekend and see if i can find out where its shorting out.