PDA

View Full Version : anyone else feel the way i do about this site

nd240sx3
09-29-2004, 08:43 PM
well this is what was said in one of my posts and would like some more opinions check out first thread by me then second to last by Jeff240sx http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=63473 and let me know what u think

ThatGuy
09-29-2004, 08:55 PM
I'd say Jeff is right, and you need to learn how to use punctuation in your posts.

nd240sx3
09-29-2004, 09:08 PM
ok yeah it might have a big run on sentence or whatever, but if u have even the smallest iq i think u can decipher the paragraph. i try to make it readable but thats not one of my strong points,, not everyone is perfect at least i make an effort, yeah it might not be where its suposed to be but i tried

ThatGuy
09-29-2004, 09:17 PM
You don't have to understand it, you just need to accept it. If you are going to post on Zilvia, you are expected to use proper grammar and spelling as often as possible. If you have a real problem with spelling and grammar I suggest using MS word or another program to spell check, then copy and paste your post. I often find myself doing this, just to make sure I don't sound unintelligent. If people have to struggle to decipher what you are trying to say, they are less likely to help you.

nd240sx3
09-29-2004, 09:22 PM
now u have a good point which i agree upon thanx sorry for the inconvience

Andrew Bohan
09-29-2004, 09:27 PM
wow that was unexpectedly painless. i'm impressed.

one argument that i can't stand, however, is that there's no need for good grammar and spelling because this isn't school.
the whole point of learning grammar and spelling in school is so you're not a retard in the real world (of which zilvia is a part).

carry on, gentlemen.

mrmephistopheles
09-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Now, you have a good point, upon which I agree! Thanks! Sorry for the inconvenience.

S14DB
09-29-2004, 09:56 PM
I've heard worse english from Phily.

mjjstang
09-30-2004, 11:46 AM
wow that was unexpectedly painless. i'm impressed.

one argument that i can't stand, however, is that there's no need for good grammar and spelling because this isn't school.
the whole point of learning grammar and spelling in school is so you're not a retard in the real world (of which zilvia is a part).

carry on, gentlemen.

Oh ok I get it so like if im a doctor and the nurse says to me, "now why the hell are you cutting in to his scrotum, I though we were doing laser eye surgery". I shouldnt tell her to stfu were not in school anymore?

now that I read it, im starting to think that was a slap in the face to ThatGuy.

ThatGuy
09-30-2004, 01:21 PM
now that I read it, im starting to think that was a slap in the face to ThatGuy.

I see no red mark on my face in the mirror, so it's ok. Even if he was being a smartass, it doesn't much matter. He is going to use better grammar and spelling from now on. It’s as simple as that. :drama:

But thanks, mjjstang, for looking out.:bow:

Andrew Bohan
09-30-2004, 01:44 PM
Oh ok I get it so like if im a doctor and the nurse says to me, "now why the hell are you cutting in to his scrotum, I though we were doing laser eye surgery". I shouldnt tell her to stfu were not in school anymore?

umm, that's not MY argument. i'm saying i can't stand that argument.

Jeff240sx
09-30-2004, 02:24 PM
This is simple.
You come to a board, and ask for people to help you with an issue. It goes something along the lines of:
omghi2u so i was tryinto get thatthingin my car workingbutit decid ed not to whatever... so it s all bien gay and icant egt this crap to woek on mycar.

I have the information you need. Really. After owning my car for 4 years, bieng on a plethora of message boards during the entirety of that time, and tearing my car down completely only to rebuild it, I know a thing or two about something simple like a brake master cylinder.

Here is where the issue comes in. You need my help. I will stop reading the post if a) there is a complete lack of punctuation and capitalization, b) it is all caps, or c) l337 hax0r type.
I stop reading A) because I skim posts. If I've seen one question about a MC, I've seen them all. So I skim to what you're asking. But the lack of origin and finality of a thought prevents this. So rather than read the whole post, and mentally decipher what you're trying to say, I'll save myself the headache, and move on.
I stop reading B&C) because it physically hurts my eyes.

I will deal with grammar errors, like hole and whole, duel and dual, and pathetic spelling like carbuorator and catelitic converter. I will deal with lack of caps when there is punctuation. I will deal with lack of punctuation when divided by something, either three periods to signify the end of a though... or A capital letter.

That said. I wasn't bieng an ass. And the whole thing could have died, but you needed to try to publicly ridicule me, and it has backfired. There is something called "netiquette". Use it when you're on someone else's board. It's essentially the same as comming to my house and talking gibberish. I will, seriously, physically throw you out of my house.

In parting, I will leave you with The 10 Core Rules of Netiquette (http://www.albion.com/netiquette/corerules.html), and more specifically, rule 5. " You won't be judged by the color of your skin, eyes, or hair, your weight, your age, or your clothing.

You will, however, be judged by the quality of your writing. For most people who choose to communicate online, this is an advantage; if they didn't enjoy using the written word, they wouldn't be there. So spelling and grammar do count."

-Jeff

s14srpilot
09-30-2004, 05:13 PM
This is simple.
bieng is spelled being

The message is too short....too short...that's what she said to you haha

mrmephistopheles
09-30-2004, 05:25 PM
omfg s14srpilot, he had a typo.
He misspelled catalytic and carburetor, are you gonna call him out on that, too?

wanker.

Jeff240sx
09-30-2004, 05:49 PM
With typing out like 500 words, everyone needs to excuse the typos, especially when someone like Kevin or myself wrote it. We are the ones that get on people 98% of the time, and put forth the effort into typing clear, legible, well thought out posts. Don't be a dick for the sake of being a dick.
-Jeff

MakotoS13
09-30-2004, 06:00 PM
c'mon meph, lay off. he's an SR PILOT. his car is so fast it flies.... it flies!

crioten
09-30-2004, 10:14 PM
c'mon meph, lay off. he's an SR PILOT. his car is so fast it flies.... it flies!

lol, youre almost as bad ass as he is :)

The ROMAN
09-30-2004, 10:23 PM
IdunnoItkinksyouguysshouldallrelaxe. Imean, It just AsimplequestionIfyoudontwanttoanswerittheresnoneed ot for things to become a big PrObLeM!!!1!!2!!

Woops! I;missspelled thinks.

FastBack 240
09-30-2004, 10:30 PM
:lockd: :wavey: :lockd:

ThatGuy
09-30-2004, 10:37 PM
I think that will be just about enough of this.
:lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: