PDA

View Full Version : S13 brake pressure problem

almoststock
09-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Anyone have trouble with brake pressure on an s13. I have replaced the booster, master cylinder, front calipers, rotors and pads all around and bled the system in the correct order by pumping the brakes and cracking the bleeder and also with a vacuum pump multiple times and still have a pedal that is mushy till about half pedal. Started a few weeks ago brakes were working perfect and it sat over a weekend then on the Monday there was no pressure at all after replacing everything I have now, I can only get them to engage at half pedal. Not sure where to go from here, let me know if you've had a problem like this or know a fix.

rawgarage
09-05-2016, 03:11 PM
any fluid on the ground

almoststock
09-05-2016, 03:24 PM
None of the lines are leaking just seems like there is still air in the lines but I've bled each one over and over till there is no air but still has a squishy pedal

Primo's Silvia
09-05-2016, 03:50 PM
Do you have the brake booster check valve? Sometimes that throws it off a little

almoststock
09-05-2016, 05:46 PM
yes replaced the old check valve and have all new vacuum hoses and clamps

cotbu
09-05-2016, 06:22 PM
If you bled the brakes in proper order, the booster is functioning, no leaks and pads are fairly new? I would adjust the brake pedal rod and the pin in the master cylinder. The rod in the masters should be adjusted by 1/8 or 1/4 turns, so mark it first. If the brake pedal is mushy after that, undo everything.

Nissan2nr22
09-07-2016, 12:22 PM
Make sure the check valve is on the right way also

And when you crack open the bleeders on the calipers you keep your foot on the brakes right? you dont let it go till you retighten it

almoststock
09-07-2016, 12:28 PM
Turns out I'm an idiot and put the calipers on the wrong side so the bleed screws were on the bottom. Probably a really common problem I just wasn't paying attention when I put them on and didn't notice when I tried bleeding them. Got them bled now and they work great now. Thanks for the help everyone

SoundEfx
09-07-2016, 12:34 PM
Glad you found your fix and posted it.