PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos...celtic designs

Propagandhi41
09-29-2004, 02:02 PM
I'm turning 18 soon and I'm jumping on the bandwagon and thinking of getting a tattoo. I want something that means something to me and I wanted to design my own. I've been playing guitar for most of my life and I have tons of respect for it so I figured I would get something related to that. I wanted to start with something small so the idea of a guitar pick with a design in the middle seemed perfect and I've never seen it done before so I assumed it would be original. I found a tri-like celtic design but I have no idea what it means or if it means anything at all. I'm still iffy on whether I'll do it or not. but here's a pic. any help is appreciated

09-29-2004, 02:09 PM
Please dont get something that has no meaning. All the tattoos I have, have a meaning. Your not jumping on the bandwagon some people like tattoos some dont.

Sounds like you need to put some more thought into this. Ultimately its your choice. Good luck!

BTW that's a cool design.

S14DB
09-29-2004, 02:24 PM
Naw get some mad tyte Silvia/Dorfito/Touge tat's. Then go full body like the Yakuza.

Propagandhi41
09-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Please dont get something that has no meaning. All the tattoos I have, have a meaning. Your not jumping on the bandwagon some people like tattoos some dont.

Sounds like you need to put some more thought into this. Ultimately its your choice. Good luck!

BTW that's a cool design.

well that's merely a starting point and it's the only celtic design i could find that was in a tri form. it was just an idea. I didn't know if anyone had a meaning for it. more than likely I will not use that one because I do not know what it means. I'm pretty sure I want a guitar pick it's just the decision of what to put inside it. I might venture off into chinese symbols and put one of those inside but i've seen so many people with that sort of design. I'm still not sure yet.

Andrew Bohan
09-29-2004, 03:40 PM
i saw a guy with the word "tatoo" in chinese tatted on his arm. good times.

maybe get something of your own ethnicity. that's always good.

nokeone
09-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Celtic designs most typically symbolize eternity and/or infinity due to their never ending lines...i like it..i think it's cool...:)..do you have any reasons for picking that design though other then you like how it looks?...which honestly there is nothing wrong with...at least it's not a butterfly..lol.

being 100% irish i've got a few celtic influenced tattoos...all original designs cause i didn't want anything someone else had...the arms are written in Gaelic..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/nnokeone/tats.jpg

S14DB
09-29-2004, 05:00 PM
Looks like a Uterus.

MakotoS13
09-29-2004, 05:02 PM
if i was ever gonna get anything i'd have the makoto symbol somewhere and prolly a quote or two in some foreign language.

you guys ever seen the boondock saints?

"...and we will send you to whatever god you wish"

/plug

ROCK!

nocomedown
09-29-2004, 05:07 PM
boondock saints is the best movie ever. if i were to ever get tattoos, it'd be like what they have because it just looks so damn cool.
"VERITAS" down the forearm..that kinda ish.

Marty
09-29-2004, 07:13 PM
i dont like tatoos a whole lot, i think they continually get worse as time passes

citizen
09-29-2004, 08:13 PM
i have "Touge" tatted on my ass.
Welcome to my mountain pass.

mrmephistopheles
09-29-2004, 08:26 PM
i have "Touge" tatted on my ass.
Welcome to my mountain pass.

I hear 18 wheelers can get through there with no problem.

I've got a tat, and Will get at least one more.
The first one I'm sure I'll regret in years to come. The next one will be of my daughter's name, I won't regret that one.

ThatGuy
09-29-2004, 08:29 PM
I have no Tats as of yet, but have at least 3 planned. I'm too worried about saving money for my car right now, to spend money on Personal Modification. I guess cutting up my knuckles working on my car and then getting the cuts full of grease will have to do for Tattoos for now.

mrmephistopheles
09-29-2004, 08:31 PM
I have no Tats as of yet, but have at least 3 planned. I'm too worried about saving money for my car right now, to spend money on Personal Modification. I guess cutting up my knuckles working on my car and then getting the cuts full of grease will have to do for Tattoos for now.

Do scars I've gotten from working on cars count as body modification?

ThatGuy
09-29-2004, 08:34 PM
Do they all have meaning? Can you remember what part you were changing when you got each of them? If so, then sure I'd wear them with pride.

mrmephistopheles
09-29-2004, 08:37 PM
Damn right!!

ryan hagen
09-29-2004, 09:59 PM
im 25% irish, yah yah not every bodies perfect but there was some old designs on shit at my grandpas(100% irish) and i grew up there mainly so i was thinking a a symbol for the trinity its like a 3 lobed thing that looks similiar to 3 footballs with a black ring around them on my shoulder.