PDA

View Full Version : KA24E-T looking for help in SoCal

DanteTris
08-27-2016, 01:02 PM
Hey guys Im having some issues with my recently built KA-T. It's currently running but does not want to hold an idle (feels like its missing).

Car:
89 s13 KA24E w/ stock Comp forged internals
Freshly redone engine harness
550cc Deatschwerks injectors
Garett t3t4/ 38mm wastegate
Emissions deleted (only 2 vaccum lines left)
Pcv intact
FMIC, no leaks.
Aeromotive fuel pump 250lph
Isr fpr
Battery relocated to trunk
Bov is blocked off (no planning on running one)
2 stages colder spark plugs (new wires, cap and rotor)
Jim Wolf tuned ECU
New MAF
TPS in spec

I'm at my wits end with this one, if anyone in SoCal wanta to lend a hand and make a few bucks, please give me a call. Im located in Oceanside and have most all the tools you'll need. Just looking for a diagnosis, I can give you more details by phone.

Please call or text me at. ( 7 0 7 ) 3 3 8 - 5 4 2 1

Thanks,
Dante

heychris
08-27-2016, 01:07 PM
Off the top of my head Dante I'm going with vacuum lines or JWT ECU problems sunce you have a new MAC although that could be the problem too..I'm in CO so unable to help further..

Ch

sent from knee deep in snow

DanteTris
08-27-2016, 01:13 PM
Off the top of my head Dante I'm going with vacuum lines or JWT ECU problems sunce you have a new MAC although that could be the problem too..I'm in CO so unable to help further..

Ch

Well the only vaccum lines go to the boost gauge and the FPR. Also the brake booster. As for as the ECU goes, its kinda complicated but ive mostly ruled that out.
Thanks man

hatchtastic
08-27-2016, 01:26 PM
Do you have an iac still?

DanteTris
08-27-2016, 01:29 PM
Do you have an iac still?

Yes i do. The feed line ia hooked up to the cold side IC pipe before the TB.

heychris
08-28-2016, 12:29 AM
You'll need some vacuum lines to the intake before the TB...if you have an OEM setup you'll see what I mean. My s14 wouldn't idle without them....ran fine otherwise

Ch

DanteTris
08-28-2016, 07:04 AM
You'll need some vacuum lines to the intake before the TB...if you have an OEM setup you'll see what I mean. My s14 wouldn't idle without them....ran fine otherwise

Ch

The only line i have drom before the throttle body goes to the IACV. As far as i know all the other ones aren't needed? I have no emissions and no CEL.

heychris
08-28-2016, 01:08 PM
IDK what the s13 is supposed to have for lines...your best bet would be the manual for that stuff...However, my car has 3 vacuum lines from the CAI and TB to various places in the engine and wouldn't idle without all 3 connected...Like I said..ran fine otherwise

Ch

Touge_Monster
10-16-2016, 02:06 PM
Sorry this is such a late response. I'm in the area and could help if you need it. I would highly recommend a wideband if you don't have one already