PDA

View Full Version : Any weightlifters out there? what to do with stretch marks!

twitchy
09-29-2004, 11:35 AM
so I started back at the gym and i lost all kinds of weight and gained plenty of muscles, but now my chest / shoulder / arm area looks like there are sun baked worms all over them

anyone have any tips on how to deal with stretchmarks or is there anything i can do?

WhiteNissanS13
09-29-2004, 12:09 PM
i know its not directly the same but i've heard of pregnant women use Cocoa butter cremes to rid their stretch marks.

ICKY
09-29-2004, 12:13 PM
I just live with it, your skin will return to normal eventually. It just takes time for the stretches to go away.

S14DB
09-29-2004, 01:31 PM
Mederma works well. Expensive but works. Just speeds up the natural process. They will go away if you stay they same weight for a while.

Dee240sx
09-29-2004, 01:37 PM
If they're that bad, check out a dermatologist.

pruto
09-29-2004, 03:05 PM
sun tanning?

i have the same problem, bunch of marks on my belly, but they've been there for a while now, almost a year (since i started losing weight and seeing stretch marks). i think i'll worry about it when i reach my goal =)

omen2853
09-29-2004, 04:26 PM
from what ive seen with my wife and others, cocoa butter works fine for pregnant girls, but doesnt work as well as mederma for weightlifting. mostly because you wouldve had to have been using cocoa butter to begin with (before you got srtech marks) to make your skin elastic.

mederma works really well for scaring and strechmarks if you dont normally use lotions and such. my friend busted his nose open and his doctor recommended mederma for his facial scaring. it works.

kings_blend
09-29-2004, 05:13 PM
Are you using steroids at all? A few of my friends take steroids and they have stretch marks on their arms. They go away in a few months but it dosnt look good, use the cocoa butter it might work like everyoes saying. Ive been in the gym for 8 months constantly, and before that i worked out for 3 years but not consistantly, and I never got stretch marks of any kind, you must be doing something wrong, or you have a problem with your skin, or you might be taking steroids I dunno. Check out the websites in Muscle Mag and it should have some answers for you.

statik
09-29-2004, 07:19 PM
"you must be doing something wrong, or you have a problem with your skin, or you might be taking steroids "
:stupid:

uhh, its called excess skin from him losing weight, the skin is all stretched out from where the fat used to be, theres nothing wrong with him

Toahk
09-29-2004, 08:22 PM
Steroids has nothing to do with stretch marks. I got a bunch on my arms and chest from when I did weightlifting my junior year. It takes a long time for them to "blend", and thats what they do at best. I can still see them on my arm, though harder to see, I doubt they will ever go away. The best thing you can do it rub them with some type of lotion if they are still red, once they stop being red then you cant do anything about it. This is what ive been told by my weightlifting teachers.

kingsol
09-29-2004, 09:13 PM
yeah i had a few when i lifted in high school, but one trip to hawaii solved that problem! just go out and get a tan

ryan hagen
09-29-2004, 09:53 PM
i have them on my arms from lifting, goin on 6 years, mine havent gone away, aqnd from what the dermatologist said they wont, like a normal scar, they fade after time but usally dont go completely away. unless u use the creams and stuff, or get plastic surgery.........

rainier
09-30-2004, 12:33 PM
yeah just use cocoa butter

twitchy
09-30-2004, 02:35 PM
no steroids for this guy

240niz
10-01-2004, 04:39 PM
I heard vitamin E oil will help...

Sanchi
10-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Well just think of them as lil lighting bolts of POWER!!

jsr20det
10-01-2004, 11:29 PM
I still have stretchmarks from weightlifting from last year. They are still visible but I think its gotten a little better. For a while, i tried Vitamin E cream but it didnt do jack.

kandyflip445
10-01-2004, 11:48 PM
Are you using steroids at all? A few of my friends take steroids and they have stretch marks on their arms. They go away in a few months but it dosnt look good, use the cocoa butter it might work like everyoes saying. Ive been in the gym for 8 months constantly, and before that i worked out for 3 years but not consistantly, and I never got stretch marks of any kind, you must be doing something wrong, or you have a problem with your skin, or you might be taking steroids I dunno. Check out the websites in Muscle Mag and it should have some answers for you.

:rofl: You're dumb.

Mederma. I had a LOT of stretch marks on my arms cause they grow fast (by my sophmore year i was curling like 50's in each hand...though I can't do it anymore, lol). Works good. But I stopped using it and started weight lifting again. I need to get some more so it doesn't get any worse.

AlligatorBling
10-02-2004, 03:43 PM
I have several scars on my right arm from surgeries due to a dirtbike wreck... mederma helps fade them out a little.

BSeay
10-03-2004, 08:30 PM
they go away after a while...i used to have them under my arms where i lost weight and gained muscle... but now they have basically faded in...

kings_blend
10-03-2004, 09:11 PM
:rofl: You're dumb.

Mederma. I had a LOT of stretch marks on my arms cause they grow fast (by my sophmore year i was curling like 50's in each hand...though I can't do it anymore, lol). Works good. But I stopped using it and started weight lifting again. I need to get some more so it doesn't get any worse.
:fawk:
+message length

oojpeeoo
10-04-2004, 11:47 AM
at least u dunt have stretch marks on ur ass =\