PDA

View Full Version : Need help fixing an OEM Silvia Bumper Pole...

DiscountPirate
08-14-2016, 03:56 PM
I am looking for some help in trying to fix an S13 OEM bumper pole light for my Silvia project. I believe there were different versions of the s13 bumper poles, I do know that this is an OEM one. I'll post up pics soon. The way these things work is similar to a radio antenna, it is a motor with a flexible plastic line inside the pole that is connected to the top and pushes it up or pulls it down. The inside of the plastic line is hollow and has one red wire inside that goes to the light on top. My main problem is that the plastic line was old and cracked into pieces. On the motor side of the line is a special metal fitting to anchor in place, and on the pole side of the line it appears to be crimped into place (hard to see up inside pole) I'm pretty sure I can find the right type of replacement plastic line from some car audio place, and I can rig up a way to anchor it in the motor. My problem is that there is still about 5" of the original line inside the pole and connected to the top. My options are to somehow take the pole apart and re-attach new line into that, or I can attach the new line to the old line somehow at it's current end point. I'll post pics soon but if you understand what I'm saying let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

DiscountPirate
08-28-2016, 06:31 PM
Still working on finding a replacement..inside support thingie. Don't even know what the stuff is called, same stuff used or power antennas just need to find the right size. I also discovered that even though my car has the button it has wiring only going to under dash. If anyone happens to have that connector I'll but it.

DiscountPirate
12-13-2016, 04:30 PM
Bump, any ideas. I'm thinking about finding some kind of shop that fixes auto antennas since it's so similar