PDA

View Full Version : SR20 Ignitor chip MISSING from harness (no spark)

Dillydallen
07-17-2016, 08:59 PM
Just picked up this s13 swapped with a blacktop sr20...

bought it cheap, owner claimed he couldnt get it to start. long story short, we get it to turn over with starting fluid, do a quick compression test, pay the guy, then tow it home with a strap (about 10 miles)

I get it home, hook everything back up, & cannot get it to fire. not even with starting fluid.

i do some research, check the ecu power & grounds on each spark related pin, & each coil has 12v of power at the plug.

I go to look for the igniter chip to run some tests on it, & i cannot find it. I cannot even find the connectors on the harness for it. is there a place these are tucked to or another section of the harness they can be implemented into?

derass
07-17-2016, 10:01 PM
It wouldn't have run without the ignitor when you tested it. Maybe the seller took it before he gave the car to you.

edit: Just re-read your post. Maybe check under the dash near the ECU.

Dillydallen
07-17-2016, 10:02 PM
It wouldn't have run without the ignitor when you tested it. Maybe the seller took it before he gave the car to you.

i thought that too, but i cannot even locate the connectors on the harness to where it would have been plugged into.

derass
07-17-2016, 11:06 PM
Does the car have stock coilpacks? If the car was retrofitted with GM coils, they do not need the ignitor at all.