PDA

View Full Version : why i'm such a prick

MakotoS13
09-26-2004, 06:05 PM
check out this glorious display of retardation.

http://www.fastcougar.com/forums/categories.cfm?catid=86

page after page of stupidity. this is the kind of thing we're trying to keep out of zilvia. seriously, do you want this here? i guess it helps that the 240 is on the exact opposite end of the performance spectrum as the cougar but still... it could happen.

check this out:

Where to start? This seems to be the most popular question here so I thought I'd put together a little how-to for easier reference. Not sure if this has been done already, but just in case it hasn't here ya go....

How to begin modifying your Cougar... Basically you need to first break apart modifying into different categories and decide which areas are most important to you. Within each category I will list some popular beginner modifications based on cost and availability. (mods - abbreviation for modifications)

COSMETIC - cosmetic mods enhance the visual appeal and aesthetics of your vehicle. Some cosmetic mods require painting before installation, this can be done by a body shop (consult your local yellow pages).
Popular first exterior cosmetic mods include headlight and/or tail light covers, hood scoop, spoiler, shorty antenna, tint, painted brake calipers, painted headlights, replacing mercury badge with cougar or ford badge, etc.
Popular first interior cosmetic mods include painted dash pieces, dash kit, custom floormats, upgraded shifter, gauges, etc.
Later mods can include a body kit, custom bumper, custom hood, custom fenders, graphics or custom paint, custom upholstered or racing seats, etc.

LIGHTING - Lighting mods are sometimes considered cosmetic, but due to the variety of products and options available, we'll consider it here as its own category.
Popular first lighting mods include underbody neon kit, interior neon kit, angel/snake eyes (windshield washer LEDs), strobe lights, HID headlight bulbs, sidemarkers, etc.
Later mods can include wheel well neon kits, neon wires, HID hi-beam and fog light bulbs, adding grille accent tubes to the underbody kit, etc.

AUDIO - Audio mods enhance your vehicle's existing stereo system. If you are inexperienced in this area, all installations should be performed by a professional.
Popular first audio mods include a replacement head unit or CD player, upgraded speakers, subwoofers and an amplifier. Warning: the cougar's speaker grilles do not come off, to access the speakers the entire panel must be removed.
Later mods can include integrating a TV / DVD system.

SUSPENSION - Suspension mods enhance your vehicle's handling while driving. These should be installed by professionals only.
Popular first suspension mods include lowering springs, strut bar and rear sway bar.
Later mods can include larger wheels and tires, struts, camber kits, air bags, etc.

PERFORMANCE - Performance mods can improve your vehicle's power and efficiency, among other things. Absolutely professional installation only.
Popular first performance mods include aftermarket air intake or filter, dual exhaust or performance muffler, spark plug wires, etc.
Later, more expensive mods include headers, ECU upgrade chip, short shifter, upper intake manifold, supercharger, nitrous oxide (NOS), brake kits, etc.

CAR CARE - although not exactly a modification, this is extremely important to keep up with from the very beginning. Develop a disciplined washing and waxing routine with quality products to maintain your car's delicate paint finish. It is generally recommended to wash every 1-2 weeks, wax every 2-3 months and polish and/or clay every 6 months. Start a calendar just for your car so you'll be able to keep track.

CAR MAINTENANCE - Follow the car maintenance schedule included with your owner's manual. Neglect is where potentially serious problems are born.

Further Suggestions
If creating a show worthy car is your goal, your cougar should be well rounded and contain modifications from all the above categories.
You'll quickly realize that buying the parts are usually only half the cost, installation fees can be hefty so remember to consider them in advance.
Be sure to comply with your local laws regarding aftermarket equipment.
When done properly, most cosmetic and audio mods should not affect your vehicle's factory warranty, however some suspension and performance mods may void certain aspects of it.
For the most part, modifying your car will not increase it's resale value comparitively to what you invested, so don't overdo it if you don't plan on keeping the car very long. Some modifications may even decrease its value, especially if improperly installed.
Do your homework when looking for installers, because of tremendous growth in the aftermarket industry, there are many less than qualified installers out there claiming to be professionals. Don't sacrifice cost for quality. Always be very specific about what you want done and hold shops accountable for the work they perform.
Create a file for your car and keep all reciepts there.
There are individual threads for most of the categories mentioned above within these Message Boards, visit those and use the Search feature for more specific info on the subjects listed.

complete CRAP. i've been banned from that forum so many times its insane because that kind of stuff is just intolerable.

just sticky this thread so newbies can read it anytime they wanna cry about us being hard on em.

there is no excuse for laziness.

p.s. i was known as ZERO on that board before i created a multitude of aliases in various attempts to rip on/enlighthen those poor ricers due to the fact that the general opinion over there is to support someone even if its to create a false sense of security with something that looks like crap.

s14falcon
09-26-2004, 06:11 PM
http://www.drifting.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=65

No comment. :cool:

mrmephistopheles
09-26-2004, 06:13 PM
p.s. i was known as ZERO on that board before i created a multitude of aliases in various attempts to rip on/enlighthen those poor ricers.

That sort of thing gets you reported to ISPs around here.
Besides, that's really childish. Just because you don't agree with what someone does to their car, you don't have the right to bash it. If they want to be ricey, let them. It's their car.

S14DB
09-26-2004, 06:52 PM
I think he's trying to say we need a newbie section....

Doriftomodachi
09-26-2004, 09:47 PM
You are a dumbass. When you first got into the 240sx you were a noob and you were probably way more stupid then these people so you need to stop talking like you have never been there

ThatGuy
09-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Did you really need to quote his entire post just to say that?

Doriftomodachi
09-26-2004, 10:02 PM
Did you really need to quote his entire post just to say that?

i'm lazy deal with it

*Dealt with*

ThatGuy
09-26-2004, 10:05 PM
There you go. Now do us both a favor and lose the attitude.

zanos
09-26-2004, 10:12 PM
is it some kinda guideline for the retards???

MakotoS13
09-26-2004, 10:20 PM
You are a dumbass.

jackass, smartass, ass... yes... dumbass? nah.

When you first got into the 240sx you were a noob and you were probably way more stupid then these people so you need to stop talking like you have never been there

there is a difference between being new to the car and being a newb. a newb needs people to hold his hand and walk him through stuff.

use the search button to find a few posts of how i'm similar to that, c'mon, there has to be at least a few in the over 400 of mine... since i'm so darn new.

good luck, shirly.

nightwalker
09-27-2004, 12:45 AM
you prick!

bchumley
09-27-2004, 09:24 AM
just because you're learning to be a post whore doesn't erase the fact that you've been a member here for a whopping 3 months! I find it strange/funny that you are probably currently the most vocal person on this forum that rants about "newbz" like anyone cares.

BSeay
09-27-2004, 09:27 AM
just because you're learning to be a post whore doesn't erase the fact that you've been a member here for a whopping 3 months! I find it strange/funny that you are probably currently the most vocal person on this forum that rants about "newbz" like anyone cares.

LOL!

damn the message length!

MakotoS13
09-27-2004, 09:45 AM
just because you're learning to be a post whore doesn't erase the fact that you've been a member here for a whopping 3 months!

yeah, i'm still a fetus all curled up asking to be fed through a tube cause i'm too lazy/inept to find what i need on my own...

I find it strange/funny that you are probably currently the most vocal person on this forum that rants about "newbz" like anyone cares.

a- it was mostly to make fun of fastcougar.com
b- never said folks care, friend.

aznpoopy
09-27-2004, 09:47 AM

iirc he's been here for longer... he had another name b4 that got killed or banned or something.

even old_s13 or dousan had their days when they wanted to bash on noobs. i think makoto finds it entertaining so i dont have a problem with it.

bchumley
09-27-2004, 09:54 AM
my point is simply this. People here do not care about kids trying to modify their cougars. We all know that cougars are less than impressive, but keep it to yourself. And when you harrass people online about their car or about how stupid they are, guess who the dick is for assuming that you're so far superior.

p.s. your car is coming along nicely. maybe it'd be better if you just stuck to talking about that

MakotoS13
09-27-2004, 10:17 AM
thanks for the compliment but i think you've missed my point. the whole newb thing is just a really simple way to classify people who seem to not give a crap enough to seek answers out for themselves. being green behind the ears is part of life. using that as an excuse to be spoon fed is a whole 'nother matter entirely.

p.s. i wasn't banned, the old accounts either were forgotten or (more recently) just stopped working properly.

zaneithan
09-27-2004, 10:22 AM
do threads like that really fuck up your day bad enough to post your frustrations about it? dude i think you need to step away from the internet for a while..

bchumley
09-27-2004, 10:29 AM
I know what you're saying makoto. no hard feelings man. just maybe sometimes it's not necessary to go picking fights on forums for cars that we don't care about. let them cougar guys enjoy their ignorance.

ThatGuy
09-27-2004, 04:11 PM
He used to own a Cougar, that's why he was on that forum and used it as an example here. He's not just cruising other car forums looking for fights. He finds enough fights here.

nissantuner22
09-27-2004, 07:48 PM
its ok makoto, I'm starting your fanclub.

S14DB
09-27-2004, 08:15 PM
its ok makoto, I'm starting your fanclub.
Better not be bigger than AFC...

nissantuner22
09-27-2004, 09:14 PM
AFC?

Blow me message length!

citizen
09-27-2004, 09:49 PM
AFC - Awesome Fans (of) Citizen

*edit* did i win yet?

MakotoS13
09-27-2004, 09:55 PM
you betta watch ya back foo! imma shank u. my people's be everwar.

mrmephistopheles
09-27-2004, 10:07 PM
*edit* did i win yet?

I think S14DB is gonna kill you.

old_s13
09-28-2004, 01:01 AM

hey ive been around forever, and i still think makoto cracks me up.

he's pretty brash, but his shit still makes cents.... and sense.

quit worrying so much about what people say, let people say what they want to say. if you agree, agree.. if you dont, you dont.

old_s13
09-28-2004, 01:06 AM
even old_s13 or dousan had their days when they wanted to bash on noobs. i think makoto finds it entertaining so i dont have a problem with it.

hey bitch, my days arent over.

i eat fuckin kids like dousan and makoto for breakfast. and, im a better driver too. ;)

I'LL SMOKE DOUSAN

I'LL SMOKE MAKOTO

konichiwa.... BITCHES

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
09-28-2004, 02:50 AM
seriously how do you get close to 700 posts in 3 months.

theronin
09-28-2004, 03:40 AM
its called internet racing. talking about cars rather than going out and working on them or driving them.

MakotoS13
09-28-2004, 06:22 AM
its called internet racing. talking about cars rather than going out and working on them or driving them.

yeah, you're right, i haven't done much at all to my fastback. shame on me.

sykikchimp
09-28-2004, 06:58 AM
I'm a newb post whore.

citizen
09-28-2004, 10:56 AM
i always thought that as well.

MakotoS13
09-28-2004, 12:01 PM
as what?

message!

s14srpilot
09-28-2004, 12:20 PM
hey bitch, my days arent over.

i eat fuckin kids like dousan and makoto for breakfast. and, im a better driver too. ;)

I'LL SMOKE DOUSAN

I'LL SMOKE MAKOTO

konichiwa.... BITCHES

you can drive worth shit...all talk come prove it

mrmephistopheles
09-28-2004, 05:46 PM
Mobsterated!!11