PDA

View Full Version : Refund?

TropicalJewel
09-25-2004, 11:36 PM
Hey I was wondering ... did anyone get their refund yet from the 2004 convention cancellation? I have not been able to make any contact with ICE Perormance since last month. :rant: Needless to say I am pretty pissed about the whole thing. I hope karma catches up with this guy if others don't first. :rant2: Talk about screwing over fellow 240sx'ers.

:mad: Mo- :mad:

Phlip
09-25-2004, 11:42 PM
You're closer than most of us, go up and beat the holy hell out of him

MakotoS13
09-25-2004, 11:45 PM
i didn't donate but i know sending out a mass email to the contributors isn't too much to ask.

TropicalJewel
09-25-2004, 11:55 PM
The rumours about his activities are getting on my last nerves. No one here in NM that paid entry fees have received refunds and we have never gotten a reply to any of our e-mails either. Talk about shady. I mean I saw a couple of AZ'ers got their refunds. WTF? This is so not cool. I feel badly for encouraging my members to attend the convention as it is ... but now this crap?!

Mo-

proj240sx
09-26-2004, 01:40 AM
dang that was a looooong time ago. you guys should hunt him down, literally.

old_s13
09-27-2004, 10:40 AM
hey mo... long time no see/hear.

i dont even know whos in charge of that company or where they are located. hmmm... best of luck. keep us posted.

- mike / clearcorners.com

TropicalJewel
09-27-2004, 10:05 PM
I will post if I hear any word. Besides after going to SoCal last month, I do not have the annual leave to go up there and hunt him down. He is just yucking it up for now ... can't wait for karma to kick in on him.

Mo-

old_s13
09-28-2004, 01:02 AM
why not ask some of the locals for help? we've got plenty of active socal members who should be able to look into this for you. not that i am offering, because im a bastard.. but, dont we have any members who do business with them? who can find out wtf is going on and get you your money back?

mike

HyperTek
09-28-2004, 09:20 AM
2004 240sx convention = scam of the year!!!

seriously sucks tho, hope you guys get your money back

old_s13
09-28-2004, 11:10 AM
what happened with this shit, didnt it ever happen? wasnt it supposed to be in las vegas? i havent been keeping up with ANY convention shit mostly because i havent gone to a 240 meet in a WHILE. but, last i recall it was supposed to be in vegas.. no? and, didnt it ever happen?

people from socal should really speak up and explain whats going on here.. or anyone else who would know more info. monique, have you tried posting on fresh allow and seeing what folks there say?

TropicalJewel
09-28-2004, 12:50 PM
Mike,
I will post on FA later today. As it happens... members of different 240sx orgs all over paid registration fees. Vendors were also involved. Less than 2 weeks before the convention was supposed to be, the coordinator Doug Schmidt of Ice Performance in LV cancelled the convention. My members as well as many others have not received a refund. He refuses to make any contact since his cancellation letter. He has been yuckin it up in LV driving around in his 240 vacationing and partying and laughing at the rest of the 240 world for falling for his scam. That is how I see it since he refuses to say anything to the contrary. Yeah it was a huge scam all right. Makes me never want to support anything again.
Oh yeah, and everytime I post something about refunding people's money or at least contacting us on the Nevada forums, it gets erased! Doug apparently is an administrator or some shit. Yeah real shady.

Mo-

old_s13
09-28-2004, 08:49 PM
take it to the big forums baby, while this place is popular.. FA really is the authority when it comes to any serious 240sx affairs. seriously, i dont know why anyone hasnt chimed in on this one. if you have proof of payment, put your evidence online and lets get people together on this. there's no reason ANYONE should get assed out.

is his company still in business? businesses dont operate well when stuff like this happens.

post your story - make noise - be acknowledged.

- mike

TropicalJewel
09-29-2004, 12:19 AM
nyah... FA is apparently not the way or place to go. People just do not want to hear about this.

Mo-

old_s13
09-29-2004, 09:49 AM
file a complaint with the BBB

TropicalJewel
09-30-2004, 01:25 PM
Done and don't forget the FTC and whoever else will listen.

Mo-

TropicalJewel
10-06-2004, 07:41 AM
Anyone get their refunds yet? I have been told that Doug said to this NV guy that people need to write him with their info so he can mail refunds and that refunds are in the mail including mine. I am still very skeptical so we'll see. Let us know if there is a spark of truth in this if you get word from Doug himself or money back.
Thanks,
Monique

CleanS14
11-03-2004, 05:20 PM
Sorry to bring this back from the dead... but I'm wondering about this as well... any news here from Doug or anyone about this?

Thanks!