PDA

View Full Version : Recommended s13 engine bay modifications?

Oh Em Zee
06-19-2016, 05:16 PM
Hey all,
Just picked up a 93' KA Coupe (Auto)

I'm new to the S-chassis, but very familiar to the Z32, and have done many tucks and deletes for the Z.

My engine is coming out for new seals, belts, hoses and a 5spd swap. Are there any modifications I should immediately do while the engine is out? (Power steering rack bushings, steering column spacer, vacuum line re-routes or deletes, etc? I will be power washing the engine bay out to get rid of 200k+ miles of crap.

Thanks

rawgarage
06-19-2016, 11:38 PM
Text me 9792366891

supersayianjim
06-20-2016, 03:07 PM
get a rb 25/26 engine then go from there.

KAT-PWR
06-20-2016, 04:47 PM
Relocate fuseboxes to glovebox

justinbyrant
07-25-2016, 03:44 PM
relocating the fuse boxes does wonders for ease of access in the engine bay but its not for the faint of heart, personally I would relocate the fuse boxes
get rid of the clutch fan
quest alternator swap (single cam water neck and alt brackets are all you need)
ac delete if not done already unless you wanna keep it
and personally I went with a AN power steering setup, no more power steering leaks like every single 240sx ever has had
and yes rack bushings
and replace the soft rubber rack spacer with a metal one, make your own or buy one they are relatively cheap
delete the clutch box
pull your driver side fender and move the wiring harness over the body lip and tie it down before you wear a hole in the harness same with passenger side, passenger side isn't usually needed but it wears sometimes
those are the basic ones

TheRealSy90
07-25-2016, 04:02 PM
pull your driver side fender and move the wiring harness over the body lip and tie it down before you wear a hole in the harness same with passenger side, passenger side isn't usually needed but it wears sometimes
those are the basic ones

Or if you tuck the engine bay harness and boxes inside the car you'll no longer have these big wire looms in the wheel well lol.

justinbyrant
07-25-2016, 04:22 PM
Or if you tuck the engine bay harness and boxes inside the car you'll no longer have these big wire looms in the wheel well lol.

well you will still have them for the headlights and stuffs but they wont be nearly as big I sit real low so I tucked all my stuff up there anyways lol

TheRealSy90
07-25-2016, 04:43 PM
True. I only ran wires to my headlights so I literally have three wires going to the front through the driver wheel well lol.