PDA

View Full Version : How Political are You? *Political Content*

KA24DESOneThree
09-24-2004, 02:27 PM
This is not a link to a quiz like most topics of this sort. Just on a scale of 1-10, post how political you are. Let's not get into a massive war about who's voting for whom, just say how political you are, and some random fluff so you can overcome the message length thing.

Scoring:
1- Not gonna vote, don't care.
2- Not gonna vote, kinda care
3- Not gonna vote, hope that one guy wins
4- Not gonna vote, but feign interest in politics even though I only know what I read in the newspaper
5- Gonna vote but don't really care
6- Gonna vote and care. Part of the "inattentive public."
7- Gonna vote and actually know a little more than the public about these dudes and what they stand for.
8- Knowledgeable but not quite an activist. Would consider volunteering for local party.
9- Volunteering for local party, very knowledgeable. Almost a pundit.
10- Can consistently predict what either candidate will say and why he says it. Knows extensive backgrounds and has proof. Leader of local party. Politics is major hobby. Definitely political pundit status.

I'd say I'm about an 8. I post pretty frequently about politics on a couple message boards and have two Bush '04 stickers on my car. I try to get both sides of things and usually lean towards conservativism, but I do have the wherewithal to overcome that if I think a liberal would be a better candidate. (Not this year, though... W is the superior choice.) I would be a volunteer for my town's Republican party, but I spend far too much time on my car and girlfriend to do that. Also, I'm not very vocal in real life because I'm very shy. I tend to choke up too much to be an effective debator. I'll usually just respond with a quiet sarcastic comment or roll my eyes. This election and the people involved in it, however, are starting to turn me around. I find that more and more often I try to bring up points in my PolSci class that are not argued often. Michael Moore has me hot under the collar and I'm probably going to his speech at Del Mar Fairgrounds so I can understand my enemy. However, I don't want him here and will write in to the North County Times (our local paper) to tell them so. He's a hate-monger and someone who twists the truth and I don't want the local papers inundated with his moronic spewings in the days after his speech. But, I guess I'll deal with it and just provide a little balance. It bugs me that he targets the young voting bracket because he IS a very persuasive speaker who tends to have quite a bit of influence. Knowing young people, most will just say, "Yeah, man... fight the power! This dude is all right! Down with Bush 'cause it's like popular and stuff." and not bother checking his claims.

Try to keep this a non-bashing thread (unless you want to bash Moore. Then you are allowed to do so, especially at great length and with incredible vitriol.) and relatively on-topic. Thank you.

X-Iceman
09-24-2004, 02:35 PM
im a 8. involved in rockthevote and voter registration n what not. i would consider myself a conservative democrat. i agree with both sides on certain issues. thats why in my opinion we need more political parties, but then again, americans dont like too many choices.

ThatGuy
09-24-2004, 03:59 PM
I'd call myself a 6 going 7, I've been fairly inattentive thus far. I am trying to learn as much as I can though. I've never considered myself a Republican or a Dmeocrat, but the more research I do the more I seem to lean more towards the Republican side of things. Especially this time around.

HaLo
09-24-2004, 04:11 PM
a 7... but in my country only.

Andrew Bohan
09-24-2004, 04:17 PM
6.9 ya commie bastards

whateverjames
09-24-2004, 04:24 PM
7. For some reason I am listening to talk radio 8 hours a day at work. It's better than listening to the same songs everyday. After the election, I'm not sure how political I'll be.

Var
09-24-2004, 04:32 PM
4- we're all gonna be dead in 10 years or less

S14DB
09-24-2004, 04:36 PM
I'm #1! Yea!!!!!

MakotoS13
09-24-2004, 04:47 PM
i'm a 3 cause i root for the bushman. seriously, i think he's cool as hell. kerry is a douche and i hate him cause he's boring and that purple heart fiasco just kinda sent me over the edge on him. his face looks like a charicature... EFF-him.

but yeah, we're all gonna die within the decade cause some retard decides to get trigger happy on the nuclear scale.

kingsol
09-24-2004, 05:07 PM
i'm an 8.75 ... viva la revolucion!

evilimport
09-25-2004, 12:07 AM
7 ish...higher number when required and a lower number when it serves my purpose.....:D

fastpace
09-25-2004, 12:51 AM
6 but it doesn't really matter much since I live in Texas

JDMark
09-25-2004, 01:07 AM
id be a 7 or 8 if i was old enough to vote, but im very glad the voting age is 18 as all of my friends think bush is a dumbass and that were at war for oil, yet know absolutely nothing about the topic, i just sit back and watch. kerrys a retard

S14DB
09-25-2004, 09:57 AM
id be a 7 or 8 if i was old enough to vote, but im very glad the voting age is 18 as all of my friends think bush is a dumbass and that were at war for oil, yet know absolutely nothing about the topic, i just sit back and watch. kerrys a retard
:werd: Everyone has their right to an opinion. It's disturbing to see someone that is happy that others are disenfranchised.

mrmephistopheles
09-25-2004, 08:22 PM
7 .

The ROMAN
09-25-2004, 08:32 PM
I've taken a few politics classes though and am getting more into it.

Phlip
09-25-2004, 11:01 PM
7.5: I will vote and I guess I'm a little knowledgeable, but would be damned before I even CONSIDER volunteering for a local party. I won't claim any party affiliation and I am beginning to think that this whole election has become a huge fuggin joke... How about this, I don't agree with either of the 2 candidates with realistic chances of taking office, so I will write in my vote... Is Spiro Agnew still alive?

SilviaNinja240
09-25-2004, 11:10 PM
I'd have to be a 10
I've been working with the Democratic party since high school and am possibly considering a future as an elected offical, foreign policy is my political fortee and writen several articles highlighting east asian and european economic theory.

holisticbeatz
09-25-2004, 11:21 PM
I got a John Kerry bumper sticker on my S14..

AlligatorBling
09-26-2004, 05:56 AM
I would have to say 6.5

chokudoriS13
09-26-2004, 04:08 PM
I got a John Kerry bumper sticker on my S14..

I finally got my Kerry/Edwards on the trunk :p (too bad the car is fux0red)

An 8 for me.

Marty
09-26-2004, 04:29 PM
i guess maybe a 7 for me, although i might start helping out with my college's republican orginization

zanos
09-26-2004, 05:04 PM
4 here,but honestly i hate politicians,shady bustards

sykikchimp
09-27-2004, 08:30 AM
I would say I'm a 7 or an 8.

and I agree with the sentiment that the elections are a joke. Have been as long as I can remember. It's always about who can sling the most mud, and look the coolest on the talk shows.. :ghey: I don't know how we get anything worth shit done in this country...