PDA

View Full Version : Need to vent...

HaLo
09-24-2004, 07:41 AM
With the blow up of my engine, 3 races before the end of the season, my gf found herself forced to go back to her Supra (89 Turbo). Considering it was on stock suspension, we felt that the "Tank" needed some footwork. ;)

So we ordered a nice set of Tein SS coilovers (16k/9k). Since it was on special order, we were forced to wait 3 weeks on them. We were told we should get them on the 21st, giving us 1 week to install them before the 2nd of the last three races (on the 26th).

Unfortunately, last week, I was told there would be a delay in my order... making it arrive on the 24th, giving us only this saturday to install them. Since I never complain much, I thanked the shop owner and said we would be awaiting the 1600C$ coilovers impatiently.

As promised, this morning, about 1 hour ago, the box came it. After seeing the label, I knew the was a screw up: Tein High Tech for Dodge SRT-4... I opened up the box and to confirm my doubts, there were 4 coils, and no dampers. :ughd:

I mean, how can you send a freakin' product without at least verifying the label on top!!! Now my GF will not be able to make another event in Solo II, soon become inelligible for the contingency plan (tire) and won't have the minimum 5 events to be sorted in regional standings... We had to wait 3 weeks for that mistake. I am really annoyed. :rant2:

nissantuner22
09-24-2004, 09:14 AM
but more importantly, are you gellin'?

sorry about the bad luck bro.

HaLo
09-24-2004, 09:18 AM
I tried calling the shop owner: his voice-mail is full
sent him an email... found his home phone number, but he cannot be reached. :(

ARGH!

Now my GF is pissed she has to forfeit her complete season because of this screw-up.

TiNMAN
09-24-2004, 09:36 AM
:duh: that sucks ass man, hope things will eventually work out for you guys!

fastpace
09-24-2004, 09:53 AM
man shit always happens. I would try to get something free out of it also, because that is not good business at all.

TiNMAN
09-24-2004, 10:16 AM
take it to the BBB! :rant2:

S14DB
09-24-2004, 10:56 AM
I'm still waiting on my FLEX. I may go with another vendor. Why dosen't she just take dog laps for the rest of the season or at least till they show up. That way you can get your 5 events.

HaLo
09-24-2004, 01:33 PM
Simply put, the Supra isn't well prepared enough... She's very competitive, and fighting to keep the car on track is not something she enjoys... I might still recommend her to give it a try...

As for the nice seller, I paid everything in advance, so now, I'm stuck to wait. Still haven't heard from him yet too.

JtWo
09-24-2004, 11:38 PM
Damn dood....that sucks...Did you try other vendors? Mvp, suprasport.net, suprastore...etc...I've seen really good feedback from thier service....btw...who'd you order from?

HaLo
09-24-2004, 11:52 PM
Well... they have my money, so I have to wait to get news from them. I tried with Titan Motorsports... they NEVER ordered what I wanted and we waited forever...

evilimport
09-25-2004, 12:03 AM
Shit man that sux, I know first hand.... freakin' blows.

I wish my gf was like yours, thats pretty cool.

aznpoopy
09-25-2004, 10:52 AM
holy crap. i hope you get your money back... paying $1600 for springs designed for another car would piss me the fuck off...

HaLo
09-25-2004, 11:42 AM
I want our coilovers, that's all... as long as THEY pay shipping to return of the springs and THEY send me the coilovers, i'll be ok... cuz now, it's too late for my GF.

drifterx
09-25-2004, 12:08 PM
next time go to 240sx ONE and look for me.... i will have my supplier pick it up and send it to you directly.. my supplier is like 15 mins down the road from TEIN's warehouse.......

just run a stock vehicle just so u dont get DQ for the season... well i have no knowledge of Solo II and the event but it sounds like u can switch from car to car..... borrow a car if needed?
/

HaLo
09-25-2004, 01:26 PM
I will not get DQ'ed because I am driving another car... but my GF is too stubborn to ask someone else...

how much would've you charge for Tein SS for Toyota Supra 1989?