PDA

View Full Version : WTB ads Need Price like FS section - Post your thoughts

ProjectTouge
05-11-2016, 02:01 PM
Who else thinks WTB ads need price posted just like for sale ads?

240knockout
05-11-2016, 03:20 PM
Who else thinks WTB ads need price posted just like for sale ads?

At least a range based on condition. I think that makes sense

Mister.E
05-11-2016, 03:25 PM
Why post up a price that you are willing to pay when someone could possibly offer it to you at a lower price?

kruked
05-11-2016, 07:52 PM
Why post up a price that you are willing to pay when someone could possibly offer it to you at a lower price?

+1.

I'm a member of many Nissan forums and I think it's rather a stupid idea because of the aforementioned. Why post what your price range is just so the next person can price gouge you.

ProjectTouge
05-12-2016, 12:39 AM

Under that logic then why have Price rule for For Sale ads. I mean why post a price on the car your willing to take when someone could possibly offer to buy at a higher price. So let's just not put any prices on for sale ads and then wait for the best offer.

ProjectTouge
05-12-2016, 12:44 AM
+1.

I'm a member of many Nissan forums and I think it's rather a stupid idea because of the aforementioned. Why post what your price range is just so the next person can price gouge you.

If you run the analytics on the WTB section you will see the trend showing that the buyers are the only ones price gouging. Requesting something and getting people offering prices below market and "still looking". Someone trying to give them a part for $20 and they only have $5 on a $40 market value item. Oh no poor buyers being price gouged.

rawgarage
05-12-2016, 01:19 AM
Wtb ads are just that...people wanting to buy....

Some ppl willing to pay, others aren't.... Up to the seller to wow them

ProjectTouge
05-12-2016, 02:54 AM
Wtb ads are just that...people wanting to buy....

Some ppl willing to pay, others aren't.... Up to the seller to wow them

Yah it's "Wanted to Buy" not "want to browse"
It's not a problem of whether willing to pay a certain price. It's stating that price since its a Buying section. As For Sale is a selling section. Should be able to post in for sale section a might want to sell ad with no price and see what people will offer. But no,that's against forum rules. For a Good Reason

Mister.E
05-12-2016, 03:19 PM
I mean why post a price on the car your willing to take when someone could possibly offer to buy at a higher price.

Let's be real here for a second...we're talking about the s-chassis community. When in the history of ever has an s-chassis owner come at you and just willingly paid you more for something than what it's worth?

The reason that you put prices on "For Sale" ads is to attempt to weed out any idiots that might want to PM you offering $20 for something that's worth $200.

Phlip
05-13-2016, 01:22 PM
A for sale ad is the one where the poster has the leverage to name their price.
Anyone who is responding to a WTB ad should already have a price in mind, not expect to be given a range of prices with which to select the highest and then take the money and run.
Responding to a WTB ad is still a sale and will require salesmanship, not to be spoonfed someone's money.

anti tyler
05-14-2016, 01:44 PM
Let's be real here for a second...we're talking about the s-chassis community. When in the history of ever has an s-chassis owner come at you and just willingly paid you more for something than what it's worth?

The reason that you put prices on "For Sale" ads is to attempt to weed out any idiots that might want to PM you offering $20 for something that's worth $200.

This is the point where the topic starts to trickle to something off topic. S chassis community is not the point of the OP.

A for sale ad is the one where the poster has the leverage to name their price.
Anyone who is responding to a WTB ad should already have a price in mind, not expect to be given a range of prices with which to select the highest and then take the money and run.
Responding to a WTB ad is still a sale and will require salesmanship, not to be spoonfed someone's money.

And this is where the the conversation should nearly end.

'Hey I'm looking for an S13 (93) XXXX, I'm looking to spend around $XXX'

' oh shit, you guys see this? I was gonna sell that to him for $XXX but this dude says he'll pay $$XXXX!!!! hurry up and take his money '

That's just leaving the door open to manipulate prices out of control. If it ain't broke don't fix it. :2c: