PDA

View Full Version : S14 A/C Idle issue

808_silvia
04-28-2016, 06:25 PM
So I have an issue with my idle not kicking on when I turn on my A/C.

I have a 1996 240sx with a black top s14 zenki sr20det. I used wiring specialties to combine the original KA harness with the SR harness and I'm using the sr20det's ac compressor. The a/c is cold when in use, it just never bumps up the idle when the compressor kicks on which makes it hard to drive and kill gas mileage.

Here's the weird thing.. Although the idle doesnt kick up when the compressor turns on, the idle will kick up if i turn on my head lights just as if I would turn on the a/c in a normal car. The idle will stay high the entire time the headlights are on until I turn it off, the a/c being on or off doesnt have anything to do with the idle going up. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

omgosh
05-04-2016, 02:07 AM
FICD wiring is different on SR's than KA cars. You can trigger the FICD solenoid with the 12v from the A/C relay in the fusebox. Its only one wire, it grounds through the solenoid to the engine.

As for the headlights, the ECU will increase idle when it sees more alternator load , so that is normal to an extent.

808_silvia
05-08-2016, 12:19 AM
FICD wiring is different on SR's than KA cars. You can trigger the FICD solenoid with the 12v from the A/C relay in the fusebox. Its only one wire, it grounds through the solenoid to the engine.

As for the headlights, the ECU will increase idle when it sees more alternator load , so that is normal to an extent.

Thanks for the reply! Didn't think anyone would give me a response.

Anyways all I'd have to do is run a wire from the 12V A/C relay in the fuse box and tap it into one of two wires on the FICD plug?

808_silvia
05-11-2016, 02:35 PM
bump

does anyone know which wires I tap into for the relay and if I can connect to any wire on the FCID?