PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a vehicle from west coast to east coast.

Florex_240sx
03-13-2016, 06:37 PM
Has anybody had any good experiences from companies shipping vehicles from LA to lets say New York? I'm currently in LA for work right now. With such clean cars out here couldn't resist the thoughts of buying something and possibly shipping it back to NY. Prices seem to near near the 1k mark with taxes in fees. Feel free to entertain me with bad experiences also!

Thanks, Flo.:bow:

MightyMouse13
03-13-2016, 06:49 PM
I shipped from Nevada to Florida no problem with Montway. The drivers even were car guys so they were drooling over the car and everything. I think it ended up coming like a day later than estimated, but they called and kept me updated every step of the way.

Farzam
03-14-2016, 12:03 AM
I deal with transport and shipping on a frequent basis working at a dealership. The last 6 of my personal cars have been sold to out of state buyers. Don't go with the cheapest guy. Make sure they're adequately and properly insured. Google around and try to find some reviews. Use sites like uship.com to shop around and get the best price.

Carfax and autocheck every car you see, I shit you not i've looked at 5 cars in a row with rolled back odometers and 4 has no oil on the dipstick...this is not the best area to find a car, although I have come across some very clean examples. Just beware, I have a lot better luck in other parts of the country.

Worst experience:

Shipped a b6 a4 ultrasport I bought in NC back to myself in California. I had a fresh respray on a new OEM bumper. Pulling it off the truck, they bottomed it out, cracked the bumper, and knocked the fog light cover out...then the tweaker "manager" lady ran it over in front of me in her car when she pulled up. Tried to say it was like that when they got it from the dealer. I told them I was the dealer, it was my car, I was there when they loaded it up, and that I had timestamped pictures to verify it wasn't damaged. Then I pointed at the cover on the ground. Lol. Still got shafted on that one.