PDA

View Full Version : damn ghetto-ass place!!!

Andrew Bohan
09-14-2004, 09:50 AM
this shit went down yesterday.
i work right by the cemetery in hayward that it mentions.

2 dead, several hurt in separate shootings
Fight at cemetery may have sparked incidents later in day

A night of shootings in Oakland on Monday left two people dead and as many as 13 others hurt, and had police scrambling to sort out what occurred, authorities said.

Hayward police and Oakland police were trying to determine whether Oakland's violent night stemmed from an earlier incident in Hayward at a cemetery.

Hayward police said two groups of people attending two separate funerals at a cemetery at Mission Boulevard in Hayward had gotten into an argument at about 3:4o p.m.

About 200 people were at the cemetery at the time. One group was attending a funeral of a young man who apparently had hanged himself in a jail, while the other was mourning someone who had recently been shot and killed in Oakland, Hayward police said.

The argument between the two groups escalated into gunfire, said Hayward police Sgt. Mark Mosier.

No one was struck by bullets, but a man was chased down and beaten with hands, feet and apparently a blunt object, Mosier said. The victim was hospitalized with serious injuries.

The violence in Oakland began at 5:15 p.m., when a person was shot and killed at 82nd and Bancroft avenues. Police said at least one assailant had fled with what witnesses described as an assault rifle.

At 5:24 p.m., a gray 1992 Lincoln carrying four people -- all with gunshot wounds -- crashed into a fence at Highland Hospital, which handles the majority of gunshot victims in Oakland.

Police were investigating whether the victims in the car had been shot at 82nd and Bancroft, said Oakland police Lt. William Dorsey.

At 6:52 p.m., police received a call about another shooting near the corner of 94th Avenue and A Street, where another person was killed and several other people were hurt when somebody opened fire.

A total of 12 or 13 people were hurt in the shootings, said Oakland police Sgt. Anthony Toribio. He was unclear about the severity of those injuries or whether all those hurt had actually been shot.

Officers interviewed victims Monday night at hospitals throughout the East Bay. Hospital officials were unable to confirm the number of victims or comment on their identities.

The slayings in Oakland bring the homicide toll in the city this year to 62.

Investigators said the shootings at Bancroft and 82nd avenues and 94th and A streets were about 1 1/2 miles apart. They did not know whether the shootings were related to each other or to the Hayward argument.

"Anything's possible," said Hayward police Lt. Robert Weldon, stressing that the investigation had just begun. Weldon said police would investigate any gang links in the incidents.

autobahNESSA
09-14-2004, 10:35 AM
Damn yesterday wasnt a good day

My dad said on his way home within 15mile drive he saw 3 big accidents. 2 of them he say the jaws of life were being used. I went home like 2hrs later and almost in front of my house there was a huge accident. Looked like someone ran a redlight while getting off the freeway. The new camery looks pretty safe after seeing that accident.

evilimport
09-14-2004, 02:30 PM
why is it that people figure a gun or shooting someone will fix problems? Geezus....and we are supposed to be "civilized" here in the old USA.

SilviaNinja240
09-14-2004, 03:30 PM
I guess this must be a celebration as 20 clip semi automatic weapons such as Ak47s are now legal to own as of a few days ago, thanks to Mr. Bush and congress.

nightwalker
09-14-2004, 04:02 PM
Yep, Oakland sucks. But that shit keeps the cops entertained and away from doing stupid traffic stops for "modified exhaust". Fuckin bored ass Alameda police should help Oakland PD.

Var
09-14-2004, 05:32 PM
I guess this must be a celebration as 20 clip semi automatic weapons such as Ak47s are now legal to own as of a few days ago, thanks to Mr. Bush and congress.

all automatic assault rifles should be legal. those who commit violent crimes dont use legal guns anyways.

Andrew Bohan
09-14-2004, 05:36 PM
yeah if we legalized everthing, there'd be nothing for the criminals to do

ThatGuy
09-14-2004, 05:39 PM
all automatic assault rifles should be legal. those who commit violent crimes dont use legal guns anyways.

A very excellent point. I happen to own a couple different Assault Rifles, and I have never been involved in a violent crime. Accusing guns of killing people is just stupid. I have never had a weapon jump up and chase me around the room trying to murder me. :cj:

*Just to clear things up, none of my rifles are full auto equipped.*

G_Fish240
09-14-2004, 05:41 PM
Criminals don't care if automatic assualt rifles are banned or not. Oh and Ak 47 are still banned under a different billl banning imported automatic weapons

mrmephistopheles
09-14-2004, 05:46 PM
I have never had a weapon jump up and chase me around the room trying to murder me. :cj:

You must use very little mescaline, then. :eek3d:

SilviaNinja240
09-14-2004, 06:36 PM
Riiiiight, guns don't kill people. Bullets do. :cj:

Andrew Bohan
09-14-2004, 06:37 PM
we should outlaw people

mrmephistopheles
09-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Riiiiight, guns don't kill people. Bullets do. :cj:

No. I do.
With my hands, a knife, a gun, a bat, scissors, glass shards, my feet, gasoline, a car, a pen, a brick, etc.

I don't get people's hangups with guns.
Guns are only a tool used to acomplish a goal - self-defense, offense, hunting, target practice.

If they're used to murder people, it's the person wielding the gun that's responsible for killing, not the gun.

I don't care if they're using a Tec-9 or a blunderbuss, they're still responsible for the killing. Think about cars. You can use a car to kill people, but I haven't seen any Ford Crown Victorias banned because old people run into fruit markets and plow over 20+ ppl.

SilviaNinja240
09-14-2004, 07:16 PM
oops, the quote goes "Guns don't kill people, dangerous minorities do." :p

MakotoS13
09-14-2004, 07:48 PM

are you makin fun of my people man? i want an apology NOW! i am offended by this greatly.

mrmephistopheles
09-14-2004, 07:49 PM

Now you're treading on thin ice. Watch it.

SilviaNinja240
09-14-2004, 08:40 PM
Sheesh, just a joke in reference to social-economic statistical trends in America. I didn't mean any malice in my statement. This is probably a whole new topic on its own, but should not be discredited from crime itself. I'd be happy to have a friendly debate about it if anyone feels so.

Anyways, if the topic is become to tense, let's just change the topic to puppies and rainbows or something less contraversial.

mrmephistopheles
09-14-2004, 08:45 PM
Sheesh, just a joke in reference to social-economic statistical trends in America.

Doesn't make it appropriate.

MakotoS13
09-14-2004, 08:47 PM
i think you're racist.

BIGGOT!

mrmephistopheles
09-14-2004, 08:50 PM
BIGGOT!

If you're going to make accusations, at least spell them right.

RJF
09-14-2004, 09:00 PM

OK, does everyone know what semi-automatic means?

You pull the trigger and the gun fires once....just because a weapon looks like an AK47, etc... doesn't make it anymore dangerous than a standard hunting rifle.

I wish the MSM would explain the real facts instead of parroting the democratic party and Kerry's talking points and blaming the President. Why don't we hear about the real gun laws that were broken last week when Kerry accepted that rifle as a gift?

AutoDestruct
09-15-2004, 06:26 AM
I love my AK-47 it is so fluffly and huggable, I could just squeeze off rounds until I die. And my GLOCK 23, ewww I just wanna kiss it all over.

He may let the assault ban sunset, but Old Bushie is still a complete Twat. And I hate him and all his croonies. And Kerry ain't far behind. Pussies. No gun will save us from their failures as leaders of the free world. Viva la Cultural revolution.

So how much mescal you think for me.

Opt optt Ski. ;)
Auto.

autobahNESSA
09-15-2004, 08:51 AM
Aren't most crimes commited with handguns anyways? I think people would notice someone walking around with a ak-47, those are harder to hid in your pants aren't they?
But yea, any gun can become illegal easily, just get a clip that holds more then 10 rounds. I dont think the expiration of the ban will make a big difference. Its easier for criminals to use hand guns, easier to run with and conceal.

Mr. Badlose
09-15-2004, 10:30 AM
The people who think that assault weapons are the same as full-automatic weapons make me cry myself to sleep.

nismo2491
09-15-2004, 11:16 AM
saw a car-b-que happen across the street from mr tire while I was getting tires. ran across 4 lane highway and pulled the elderly crippled lady out. may have saved her life. truck never went up real big into flames before the fire dep't got there but what if it had.
KEvin