PDA

View Full Version : My new ride (can u guess what it is?) *pic*

nrcooled
09-13-2004, 08:53 PM
Hey all, just picked up the new ride. I have a teaser pic for you and if anyone gets it correct I will post up more. I figure it will be a good way to test your car knowledge.

here it is

http://members.cox.net/cowarta/DSCF0036internetsig.jpg

Chernobyl
09-13-2004, 08:58 PM
mirage with lan-evo bodykit

nrcooled
09-13-2004, 08:59 PM
mirage with lan-evo bodykit

Weaksauce!! Why fake the funk?

nrcooled
09-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Maybe this will help

http://members.cox.net/cowarta/DSCF0025internet.jpg

(BTW) I finally put my springs on

millworkman
09-13-2004, 09:04 PM
evo 4
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

ThatGuy
09-13-2004, 09:06 PM
Tommy Makinen (sp?) Edition

slick240
omg how did you manage that

HyperTek
dude its in ur signature??

nrcooled
09-13-2004, 09:10 PM
The Evo VIII is in my sig the other bad boy is not.

Var
09-13-2004, 09:22 PM
civic with a mirage kit with an evo kit over it

SimpleS14
09-13-2004, 09:33 PM
Damn...I just PMed you before I saw this thread. :D

I spotted you on the highway man.....the car has to be an EVO 6 (or 6.5) TM Edition.

Damn I'm jealous :/

PM me back if you can on how you got it. :)

s13driver
09-13-2004, 09:33 PM
evo 5
lallala stupid msg length

Ritz S14
09-13-2004, 09:51 PM
Weaksauce!! Why fake the funk?

I spy big brakes, ralliart rims, hood scoop, and flares.

SimpleSexy180
09-13-2004, 10:04 PM
can i take it for a ride :2f2f:

S14DB
09-13-2004, 10:05 PM
Wow, someone wasted some time and money with a mirage.

Rennen
09-13-2004, 10:08 PM
You are going to rally it right?????????

It'd be a shame not to if its real TM edition.

-Matt

SilviaDriver
09-14-2004, 01:02 AM
how do u get an Evo over here?

TurK
09-14-2004, 02:45 AM
hmmm more pics

nrcooled
09-14-2004, 06:10 AM
Congrats to those that correctly guessed that it is a Evo 6.5 TME.

Here are somemore pics:

http://members.cox.net/cowarta/DSCF0012internet.jpg
http://members.cox.net/cowarta/DSCF0015internet.jpg
http://members.cox.net/cowarta/DSCF0017internet.jpg
http://members.cox.net/cowarta/DSCF0019internet.jpg
http://members.cox.net/cowarta/DSCF0021internet.jpg
http://members.cox.net/cowarta/DSCF0031internet.jpg
http://members.cox.net/cowarta/DSCF0035internet.jpg
http://members.cox.net/cowarta/patrick14.jpg
http://members.cox.net/cowarta/patrick17.jpg

nrcooled
09-14-2004, 06:19 AM
The story is that I found this car for sale from a guy that was selling it to get capitol for his new business. I figured since the wife wanted and VIII for herself that it would be pretty ghey to have two but when I found this I thought it was too good to be true. Got in touch with him and after the hurricane went down to Florida to pick up the car.

Oh BTW we will be taking both cars to Summit Point Oct 23-24. I can't wait to flog it a bit but its my wife's car so I will need to be nice to it

HaLo
09-14-2004, 07:08 AM
That car is beautiful!!! It's one of the nicest Evos!!! I wish I could see it with my bare eyes... :(

aznpoopy
09-14-2004, 07:11 AM
dunno much about evos, but very nice! :wiggle:

old_s13
09-14-2004, 08:59 AM
rareness aside........

that car has got to be one of the ugliest i've ever seen. all of these WRX'ish cars are just so damn ugly.

sorry, nothing personal... just cant stand the looks of these boxes with wings. other than that, i'm sure its quite a can of kickass adventuring.. if you can get past the looks.

nrcooled
09-14-2004, 09:29 AM
rareness aside........

that car has got to be one of the ugliest i've ever seen. all of these WRX'ish cars are just so damn ugly.

sorry, nothing personal... just cant stand the looks of these boxes with wings. other than that, i'm sure its quite a can of kickass adventuring.. if you can get past the looks.

Completely agree!! The car in all respect is hideous but the performance to me makes it beautiful. Active Yaw Control, Active Center Differential, AWD, 300+ hp and big a$$ Brembos make for one fun track car.

nocomedown
09-14-2004, 09:52 AM
rareness aside........

are you kidding!? i think those things look so mean. they're incredible.

HyperTek
09-14-2004, 09:57 AM
im probably the only baffon that would paint a TME.. i just dont like the color scheme.. but thats what makes teh car special i guess..

but cool car non the less.. I thought it would be easy to bring some older EVOs out here gray market and register em as mirages..

nrcooled
09-14-2004, 10:14 AM
In total there were only 1500 of TMEs made and of that small amount only 500 were made with that paint scheme.

The 6.5 TME differentiates itself from other 6s with stiffer suspension, cams, more chasis reinforcement and no sound deadning. The car is an absolute beast and with the 20G has horrendous lag but pulls damn hard from 4.2k-7.5k (as compared to the VIII that pulls from 3.2k to 7.5k). I will be getting it tuned this weekend so hopefully that will work out some of the lag.

Andrew Bohan
09-14-2004, 10:22 AM
evo IV V and VI are the best looking imo. they can look a ton better with decent paint jobs. i'm not too into red with silly stripes.

cali240sxdrifter
09-14-2004, 10:36 AM
I heard the owner here in Florida brought the evo a while back when registering a import was very easy in Florida. Awesome find. How much did you get it for btw?

Mr. Badlose
09-14-2004, 10:37 AM
I'm not jealous at all.
I'm not.
I'm not jea...I HATE YOU DIE

zaneithan
09-14-2004, 11:00 AM
left hand drive? i thought those were only made in japan and RHD?

HyperTek
09-14-2004, 11:04 AM
europe was left hand drive..
You can get a left hand drive 200sx (aka 180sx)

nrcooled
09-14-2004, 11:24 AM
I heard the owner here in Florida brought the evo a while back when registering a import was very easy in Florida. Awesome find. How much did you get it for btw?

I will just say I paid what the car is worth to me.

cali240sxdrifter
09-14-2004, 11:38 AM
all good man. Rare cars like these are worth every penny.

old_s13
09-14-2004, 12:42 PM
Completely agree!! The car in all respect is hideous but the performance to me makes it beautiful. Active Yaw Control, Active Center Differential, AWD, 300+ hp and big a$$ Brembos make for one fun track car.

haha sweet... then we agree,

any car that you can have fun in is a good car.

performance is one thing, good taste and nice looks is another. when i look at a mazda protege, impreza, lancer, or any of these boxy cars.. i see weirdness. i think people get their hardons anytime they see a bumper filled with an intercooler.

intercoolers dont make cars nice, they look like radiators. when you ask a girl if a car looks nice, they'll tell you "eh" about that car. when you ask them about a corvette, lamborghini, or ferrari.. they'll say "oh yeah, hot car"

curves, class, nice looks.. there IS a difference. s2000? hands down. Z33? sure. WRX? NO.

nrcooled
09-14-2004, 12:56 PM
The Evo is a driver's car, period point blank. No luxury, no BS, just fast fvckn cars that handle like stink. To me that's a mans car.

It's like that piece of a$$ that you keep on the side...she's not good enough to be your primary but she fvks like nobody's business

psychedelicbeats
09-14-2004, 12:58 PM
congrats. enjoy all the track racing that you can by all means

aznpoopy
09-14-2004, 01:55 PM
haha sweet... then we agree,

any car that you can have fun in is a good car.

performance is one thing, good taste and nice looks is another. when i look at a mazda protege, impreza, lancer, or any of these boxy cars.. i see weirdness. i think people get their hardons anytime they see a bumper filled with an intercooler.

intercoolers dont make cars nice, they look like radiators. when you ask a girl if a car looks nice, they'll tell you "eh" about that car. when you ask them about a corvette, lamborghini, or ferrari.. they'll say "oh yeah, hot car"

curves, class, nice looks.. there IS a difference. s2000? hands down. Z33? sure. WRX? NO.

true to an extent. it seems you like the classic styling of sports cars... low with a recessed cabin, longer nose and shorter ass. these new cars are all huge and boxy with tiny wheel wells.

but people's tastes are going to differ. my gf loves FD rx7's but she hates corvettes despite the fact that their body lines are similar. she also thinks the s14 zenki is hot while the s14 kouki looks like ass.

personally i wish they kept the imprezas closer to the old impreza out of the mid to late 90s instead of this new bubbly look they have going on now. if i found an old 2.5RS i'd be all over it.

Kreator
09-14-2004, 02:32 PM

rally cars are rally cars. There is a reason why there are no corvettes, ferraris or any other low to the ground cars in wrc. WRXes and EVOs are not sports cars, they are first of all sedans. Just like camrys, accords and maximas. It's a new style, and it's each person's opinion on what htey think about it. I personally find hte new C6 corvette ugly as sin.

I still have a thing against mitsu, but nice car none the less. congrats Bakari, hope i get to see it sometime :)

ZK
09-14-2004, 02:37 PM

True... a lot of girls like the Mini Cooper, G35 and BMWs. Newer sleak looking cars.

I know for a fact that 99% of girls hate the S13... something about old cars that dont have much interior space and have flip up headlights. Oh well, that's not what I bought it for. :)

240niz
09-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Nice car ..by the way you make me sick...hehehe

old_s13
09-14-2004, 03:57 PM
every girl i've ever met loves the my s13 hatch.. especially the interior (well, when it had one.. no worries, it'll be all back soon enough).

mini cooper is a stylized car, its aesthetics are beautiful.. not to mention the color coordinating thats going on. i dont care much for the C6 corvette, but the C5 is nice.. especially the callaway kit, jesus thats insanely beautiful.

hands down, FD = sex in a can. one of the nicest OEM designs, evar.

meatish
09-14-2004, 04:04 PM
Damn you. That is my dream car. Didnt the TME come with anti-lag, by the way? Good find. Keep it in one piece please.
Oh, and as for the aesthetic design choices: it doesnt get much better than this. I can't stand bubbly, round cars. Nothing is sexier than an asphalt rally car with boxy fender flares.

HyperTek
09-14-2004, 04:34 PM
http://www.z-garage.com/freaks/tubo240.jpg

Think a 240zg would be a good lady puller?? lol i want one..

Var
09-14-2004, 04:38 PM
as far as looks go. i am automatically biased by what's under the bodywork. for some reason once i know what the car performs like it looks different to me. i cant help it

and since mike compares cars and girls..just like a girl. She may look real nice, but if you get to know her and she's a dumbass, you cant even look at her anymore without wanting to knock her out. or is that just me?

HyperTek
09-14-2004, 04:42 PM
haha soo true..

Brian
09-14-2004, 09:46 PM
ahh i love it!

my favorite evolutions were 5 and 6.
the 5 looks so harsh with the huge fog lights uo front and the 6 looks less harsh with the small fogs.

old_s13
09-14-2004, 10:15 PM
and since mike compares cars and girls..just like a girl. She may look real nice, but if you get to know her and she's a dumbass, you cant even look at her anymore without wanting to knock her out. or is that just me?

hence the reason the 240 rocks. i also like the 240Z, Z32 300Z, and Z33 350Z, g35 coupe, nsx, most (almost all) ferraris and lamborghinis, lotus elise and esprit, saleen s7, mkiv supra, various porsches (not all), and a good majority of BMW's. when it comes to boxy cars, i think the R32 and older 4-cyl M3 are the few that I really like. Everything else just looks like.. bleh.

honestly, i've never been a fan at ALL of mitsubishi vehicles. although, subaru's are much higher in my book.

09-14-2004, 10:32 PM
sweet car bakari. of course, we knew it was coming from your previous posts :D. i'd love to see it in person. hopefully i'll be able to make it to summit point and i can get a ride, hehe.

brianglawson
09-15-2004, 04:56 AM

hence the reason the 240 rocks. i also like the 240Z, Z32 300Z, and Z33 350Z, g35 coupe, nsx, most (almost all) ferraris and lamborghinis, lotus elise and esprit, saleen s7, mkiv supra, various porsches (not all), and a good majority of BMW's. when it comes to boxy cars, i think the R32 and older 4-cyl M3 are the few that I really like. Everything else just looks like.. bleh.

honestly, i've never been a fan at ALL of mitsubishi vehicles. although, subaru's are much higher in my book.

all of those are nice except the whole lamborghini and the saleen......the 3 latest lambos are about it...saleen is just plain fugly....ferrari on the other hand, give me a 250gto, or a 365 daytona anyday... haha

that evo is the hotness man, the nononsense exterior along with the rally scheme, and the whole fast of you own one of the only 500 that look like that....thats awesome

TheTimanator
09-15-2004, 06:30 AM
I gotta agree, but I wish they brought this car to the states (as far as style goes)
http://www.mivec.co.uk/pictures/hiro/side_view_marchon_hiro.jpg

nrcooled: Thats your wifes car?!?! I think I'd giver her the evo VIII and I'd take the 6.5 :x: Congratualtions on the awesome purchase! :rawk:

nrcooled
09-15-2004, 11:12 AM
nrcooled: Thats your wifes car?!?! I think I'd giver her the evo VIII and I'd take the 6.5 Congratualtions on the awesome purchase!

I really love my VIII and I couldn't part with it...drive one for a while and you will know what I am talking about. The VIII is very much like the VI but more focused, quicker steering, better balance, etc. Maybe my impression will change when I have a chance to really flog it but as of right now that's my view.

What really gets me is how both of the cars are just pure "race machines" and you can't mistake them for anything else when driving.

nismo2491
09-15-2004, 11:20 AM
nice ass car bakari. wish I had one. I've long been a 4g63 fan ever before I was a fan of s-chasis cars so....
Kevin

old_s13
09-15-2004, 11:27 AM
whats that, FTO right? looks are okay, but its still wreaks of mitsu.. and thats enough for me to avoid it. its kinda got girly looks if you ask me, its not bad.. but a bit Mazda MX3/tiburon-ish

all lamborghinis are beautiful, hands down. the saleen s7? shit, i'de take it over my car.. and i think it looks better than my car. so.. go figure.

AKADriver
09-15-2004, 11:49 AM
The later Countaches were naaaasty. The original pure Bertone design was a work of art... then over the years Lamborghini kept tacking on scoops and flares and stuff that just did not fit. Then when they imported them to the US they added these HUGE add-on bumpers, too. Sooo awful!

It's one blemish on a great car company, though... maybe the Jalpa, too. The LM002 is also unquestionably butt-ugly, but it's supposed to be ugly.

The Miura makes up for all of that, though.

BiluMaster K's
09-15-2004, 01:13 PM
Why couldnt u just say it was a TMe EVO, had to rub it in and shit.....really though,
I dunno if it makes it more or less valuable (money/obscurity), but what about the whole subaru/mitsu rivalry and how Tommy M. totally violated his triple diamond upbringing and raced for Subaru/Prodrive WRC at the end of his career. I'm sure you knew that

nismo2491
09-15-2004, 01:47 PM
tommy makinen did what any racer does, went with who offered him the most money.
if honda came to you and offered you 1.5mil to race for them and nissan offered you 1 mil to race for them who would you pick?
sorry. I was a mitsu fan at the time that all happened and was heartbroken to see it happen but can you really blame him?
KEvin

HyperTek
09-15-2004, 02:17 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2489565535&category=43919
EVO6 on ebay...

Too bad the decals are poo...

All this talk about EVOs is really growwing on me.. if I could afford one, id consider one. Im getting sorta tired trying to build up this 12 year old s13 when I gotta replace parts that break first...

ZK
09-15-2004, 03:15 PM
I gotta agree, but I wish they brought this car to the states (as far as style goes)

Styling is ok on the FTO.

Nothing special, a FF car with a small displacement 6 cylinder MiVEC motor that is made to compete with the Integra... Never quite caught on overseas.

IMHO, Mitsubishi build quality is crap. My parents used to own a Colt Premier Turbo (rebadged Mitsubishi) and that car went to crap after 80K miles. A lot of the older Eclipses on the street have fading paint and body pieces that look like they about to fall off.

I like the new Evos but question their longevity.

TheTimanator
09-15-2004, 03:32 PM
I think the FTO looks a lot like a DB7
http://www.mivec.co.uk/miscellaneous/miscellaneous.htm
2.0 liter 200hp V6.

Seems like the car would have been a great competitor with the Integra, but I guess the Eclispe is as well. I just don't understand why we got the eclipse and not the FTO. Eclispe only exists in the US IIRC.

Either way. I've never been a fan of Mitsubishi besides the EVO series.

A lot of the older Eclipses on the street have fading paint and body pieces that look like they about to fall off. hmmm, reminds me of most of the S13's I see. haha

Brian
09-15-2004, 08:15 PM
hahahha FTO.
what a pile
we have a kit for it at work. i feel like throwing it away every time i see it.

slideyourride
09-15-2004, 09:55 PM
nice ASS CAR

AKADriver
09-15-2004, 11:04 PM
Seems like the car would have been a great competitor with the Integra, but I guess the Eclispe is as well. I just don't understand why we got the eclipse and not the FTO. Eclispe only exists in the US IIRC.

The Eclipse was cheaper to build! I'd also rather have the 4G63 turbo than the MIVEC V6, but that's preference. The Eclipse shared almost everything with Galants and Mirages and in later years, even Neons. The FTO was an all-new car.

SimpleSexy180
09-15-2004, 11:24 PM
my KA will roast the FTO :2f2f:

haha

nismo2491
09-15-2004, 11:27 PM
when they shared with the neons was the POS 420A motor in the n/t chasis eclipse. nothing on the gs-t/gsx was shared with the neon.
KEvin

old_s13
09-16-2004, 10:05 AM
Im getting sorta tired trying to build up this 12 year old s13 when I gotta replace parts that break first...

hey man, what do i have to do with any of this? leave me out of it...

hehe

09-16-2004, 04:59 PM
im truly impressed with your car

i cantb elive you got a evo 6.5 TME. im so jelouse.

dam YOU!

dunno
09-16-2004, 05:36 PM
That pinstripe is seriously gangster.

-Matt

gonzoes14k
09-16-2004, 05:38 PM
nice did u buy it from guy in GA

OptionZero
09-16-2004, 06:25 PM
Lotus Elise is perfect.

Is there a more badass rear end than the Pagani Zonda C-12S?
http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=1999_pagani_zonda_c12-s-2.jpg

SimpleSexy180
09-16-2004, 11:03 PM
looks like a spaceship to me :D

Vatche
09-17-2004, 12:00 AM
still looks like a mirage with a lot of expensive mods :_)

nrcooled
09-17-2004, 04:35 PM
nice did u buy it from guy in GA

No, I got it from a guy in Florida.

old_s13
09-17-2004, 07:09 PM
Lotus Elise is perfect.

Is there a more badass rear end than the Pagani Zonda C-12S?
http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=1999_pagani_zonda_c12-s-2.jpg

yep, strange but absolutely beautiful.