PDA

View Full Version : Deadpool

exitspeed
02-13-2016, 11:58 AM
Holy fucking shit they pulled it off.

I'd say that next to Guardians this movie had the most potential to completely suck but blew away my expectations.

We all knew Ryan Reynolds was the perfect guy to play The Merc with a mouth, but he IS Deadpool. The character has a feat story but Reynolds delivery and ability to ad lib is what sells the whole thing.

They went all in on the rated R rating too. I read there's like 34 f words in it which is 33 more than every Marvel movie combined.

Go see this shit. I'll be quoting it for years. Fuck it's good!

It's also killing expectations for its release. They were expecting it to make $65-$70m the first weekend and it's expected to do $130m. It's also the biggest debut for a Rated R movie in history and is doing better than any X Men movie before it.

DenkiMan!
02-13-2016, 12:35 PM
Yep saw it last night, absolutely incredible. I haven't had that much fun watching a movie in a while. They nailed it casting Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool. He's pretty much in a league of his own by being the most entertaining Marvel character to watch.

The fight choreography, the story line, all of the supporting actors (especially TJ Miller) were all A+. They didn't overdo the wall breaks and kept all of the material really funny and fresh.

Felipe
02-13-2016, 01:48 PM
End credits!!!!

Fuck finally they going to add (blank) ... Its about fucken time shit!

I really expected him in days of future past and horribly disappointed

Hope the pull this off also

SoundEfx
02-13-2016, 02:58 PM
Thanks for making this thread because I was contemplating seeing it. Now I'm sure I'm going to....

future
02-13-2016, 03:47 PM
Guess I know what I'm doing today

feito
02-13-2016, 10:08 PM
Im watching this in a couple of weeks, hopefully it aint that loud and packed by then. I just hope this Isnt as dissapointing as the mad max or world war z review thread. U know a good movie? Interstellar. That was a great movie.
Do you guys think that a guy who doesnt know the story behind this character (besides wolverine-origins) can enjoy this movie just as much?

exitspeed
02-14-2016, 05:29 AM
Im watching this in a couple of weeks, hopefully it aint that loud and packed by then. I just hope this Isnt as dissapointing as the mad max or world war z review thread. U know a good movie? Interstellar. That was a great movie.
Do you guys think that a guy who doesnt know the story behind this character (besides wolverine-origins) can enjoy this movie just as much?

I think the only people familiar with Deadpool are comic book people. He's not a long established character. But yea it's enjoyable know matter who you are. I was sitting next to a couple in their late 50's and they were genuinely laughing their asses off.

But if you are expecting Interstellar you might want to go watch The Martian again because this ain't that kinda movie.

lewisfk
02-14-2016, 06:54 AM
Even the credits where great! Unicorns are so talented!

exitspeed
02-14-2016, 07:53 AM
The coolest thing about this movies success is that it's all because of leaked test footage. The movie wouldn't even have been made if that didn't leak.

tricky_ab
02-14-2016, 08:49 AM
Deadpool is one of the most fun movies in a quite some time. Not every joke hits, but the ones that do are uproariously funny. It's a fine line between a straightforward superhero movie and a spoof, and Deadpool rides that line in a really intriguing way. The plot may be generic, but who cares? We're watching for Deadpool, and this introduces that character perfectly.

EnemyS15
02-14-2016, 02:36 PM
Great movie! Totally pulled it off for an origins movie! This will now set the tone for future R rated COMIC *edit* movies, due to the success of this.

Next comic movie to be set as a "hard R" is the next Todd Mcfarlane(sp?) Spawn movie.

exitspeed
02-14-2016, 03:23 PM
Great movie! Totally pulled it off for an origins movie! This will now set the tone for future R rated movies, due to the success of this.

Next comic movie to be set as a "hard R" is the next Todd Mcfarlane(sp?) Spawn movie.

I would have said Punisher should be next, but with that character debuting on DD Season 2 next month I don't think he'll stay on the small screen for now on.

exitspeed
02-14-2016, 04:22 PM

Well this is well timed.
http://comicbook.com/2016/02/14/exclusive-todd-mcfarlane-is-finished-with-new-spawn-movie-script/

collegekid
02-14-2016, 07:18 PM
Just saw it earlier today.
So how many of you will be avoiding your female companion on international womens day?

Also, who is making the MAXIMUM EFFORT stickers? I need like 4

future
02-14-2016, 07:19 PM
Went to watch it and too many people. Then I refuse to stand in line for a hour before the showing

exitspeed
02-14-2016, 08:41 PM
So how many of you will be avoiding your female companion on international womens day?

Oh shit. Great idea.

95_S14
02-14-2016, 11:04 PM
Went to watch it and too many people. Then I refuse to stand in line for a hour before the showing

What a pussy

future
02-14-2016, 11:11 PM
Your still on my dick? You haven't followed my post in a while

Mofuhcka
02-15-2016, 01:24 AM
Glad they didnt ruin it. Have already seen it twice. Such a great movie

collegekid
02-15-2016, 08:00 AM
What is there to ruin? It seems like any other origin story. The only thing you can do is start with the one liners before everyone has seen the movie.

You got something your teeth btw. Like domain lettuce or something. Been bugging me

Hatemy7
02-15-2016, 08:04 AM
kick ass movie! I loved it! good fucking movie!!!!!

Gingersmurf
02-15-2016, 08:32 AM

yep.

Just saw it last night, what a fantastic movie. I have never been in a theater full of people of such mixed age before. There was people as young as like 14, and people way into there 60's, and everyone was really enjoying it, laughing hysterically. I truly thought it was a good movie, being someone that isn't really into comics and had no knowledge of his origin story beforehand. It was such a different take on a movie, which i feel was a lot less serious, but was executed very well. My only complaint is that it felt a bit short. Hoping for that they will make a sequel!

collegekid
02-15-2016, 10:37 AM
Yeah it was about 2 hours long including the previews. If you wanted to see a longer movie then they would have had to expand on him finding all the "goons" but I think it was a decent length of movie for the kind of comedy involved.

Gingersmurf
02-15-2016, 11:51 AM
Yeah it was about 2 hours long including the previews. If you wanted to see a longer movie then they would have had to expand on him finding all the "goons" but I think it was a decent length of movie for the kind of comedy involved.

True, just it was so good i wanted more is all haha

Corbic
02-15-2016, 12:39 PM

It's an origin movie, so if you don't know who Dead Pool is, the movie explains it.

Corbic
02-15-2016, 12:41 PM

Buy your tickets online with the AMC app.

Problem solved.

Corbic
02-15-2016, 12:49 PM
Deadpool is one of the most fun movies in a quite some time. Not every joke hits, but the ones that do are uproariously funny. It's a fine line between a straightforward superhero movie and a spoof, and Deadpool rides that line in a really intriguing way. The plot may be generic, but who cares? We're watching for Deadpool, and this introduces that character perfectly.

Well Dead Pool IS a spoof of Deathstroke.

Deathstroke, aka Slade Wilson is a hardcore humorless mercunary killing machine. Everything is always accounted for and calculated. He also gained Captian America style super powers and enhanced regeneration (via a serum I believe. He's normally a bad guy but can do good.

Dead Pool, aka Wade Wilson is a completely unserious buffoon who creates eleabrate idiotic plans that are so stupid and random....they just somehow work.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/f/f6/Deathstroke_Vol_3_4_Textless.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150128220651

I love both and hope the rumors that Deathstroke is in Suicide Squad is true.

simmode1
02-15-2016, 03:39 PM
Glad they didnt ruin it.

What is there to ruin? It seems like any other origin story.
http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Deadpool-Xmen-Origins-Wolverine-Explained.jpg

exitspeed
02-15-2016, 04:53 PM
This is a good Easter egg.

Bob at the end. http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/Marvel-Character-Deadpool-Legally-Wasn-t-Able-Use-Did-Anyway-112417.html

future
02-15-2016, 05:37 PM
Buy your tickets online with the AMC app.

Problem solved.

The you still need to wait in line for a couple hours to get good seats. I'll wait a week or two and buy my tickets 10 minutes before the showing and get good seats

exitspeed
02-15-2016, 06:30 PM
The you still need to wait in line for a couple hours to get good seats. I'll wait a week or two and buy my tickets 10 minutes before the showing and get good seats

You guys don't have theaters with VIP reserved seats or what? Spend the extra couple bucks, plan ahead and go see it. I haven't waited in line for a movie since they built the one by me which was close to 10 years ago.

SoundEfx
02-15-2016, 06:46 PM
Saw the movie last night and I'm trying to convince my friends that they NEED to see it.

ANVIL
02-15-2016, 07:31 PM
Might be my favorite marvel movie to date.

95_S14
02-15-2016, 07:50 PM
You guys don't have theaters with VIP reserved seats or what? Spend the extra couple bucks, plan ahead and go see it. I haven't waited in line for a movie since they built the one by me which was close to 10 years ago.

He's just a lazy cheap ass, I got my ticket at 1:00 it started at 1:15 no waiting and got two great seats in the center 4 rows from the top

future
02-15-2016, 09:59 PM
All theatre are different. The closest one too me was full of kids. As we can tell me watching the movie in a week or two is not going to kill me

Corbic
02-15-2016, 10:07 PM
All theatre are different. The closest one too me was full of kids. As we can tell me watching the movie in a week or two is not going to kill me

SoCal problems.

future
02-16-2016, 08:56 AM
Definitely agree with you

stevenrapids
02-16-2016, 10:11 AM
This movie was well worth the money. I knew it was gonna be great as soon as the opening credits started rolling. I laughed more than I thought I would. I almost fell out of my seat when tj miller said he looked like Freddie crougar facefucked a topography map of Utah.

exitspeed
02-16-2016, 11:51 AM
Just got back from seeing it a second time. The jokes are just as funny the second time.

Now to take my wife.

TheRealSy90
02-16-2016, 04:41 PM
Went and watched it valentines night with some friends, 9 bucks a ticket at AMC with power recliner seats. It was sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exitspeed
02-16-2016, 04:46 PM
Annnnnd right on cue apparently the Wolverine movie that is scheduled to start filming is going to be rated R now. Wolverine is actually a character that it fits but I really don't want to see Fox try and turn everything rates R. It's doesn't fit wth X-Men but X-Force (which Ryan Reynolds said is his next priority) would work rates R.

I hope the shitheads that remade Robocop realize that shit can be Rated R and successful. Just don't make it suck.

Felipe
02-18-2016, 03:34 AM
I hope the shitheads that made Mortal kombat realize that shit can be Rated R and successful. Just don't make it suck.

Fixed it... lol

SimpleS14
02-20-2016, 09:50 AM

I don't get it. I thought SoCal would have tons of theaters with reserved seating....or are they just too far out where you live? I'm out here in Philly and there's one just a few miles out.

Anyways, im late to this thread as I saw this movie opening night. Such an entertaining movie! So many quotable moments and the editing was fantastic. Looking forward to the sequel and the possible X-Force movie.

I was shocked to see a parent bring their 6yr old daughter to this movie...just something you shouldn't do :facepalm:

future
02-20-2016, 10:32 AM
You guys muse have never been in SoCal. Specifically the Inland Empire. There are no shortage of theaters, hell I can name 7 theaters with in 20 minutes easily

But here there are millions of people, add the weekends with all the kids crowding the mall on top that seeing a movie first week is not worth my time as I don't care if I have to wait to see something most the time.

I don't like being in crowded places full of people nor do I like buying my ticket a hour a head of time and waiting in line on the floor w as it ingredients to let us in

Anyway I should be seeing the movie tonight

FaLKoN240
02-20-2016, 01:34 PM
Can we get back to talking about the movie? Who gives a fuck if homeboy hasn't seen the movie yet?

Shit happens. Leave him alone and stay on topic.

SoundEfx
02-20-2016, 01:52 PM
I wonder how the studio felt when he insulted them for not being able to afford more then those two x-men? lol

SimpleS14
02-20-2016, 03:08 PM
I loved the usage of Deadpool's eyes to relay emotions, such as this scene....

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/deadpool-DMC_2670_v068_matte.1045_rgb-980x551.jpg

I wonder how the studio felt when he insulted them for not being able to afford more then those two x-men? lol

Apparently Simon Kimberg loved the joke lol

Also, BEST OPENING CREDITS EVER

future
02-20-2016, 03:29 PM
God my post spelling came out so bad lol

Anyways I'll be seeing it tonight and hope you guys didn't hype me for nothing.

SoundEfx
02-20-2016, 04:09 PM
God my post spelling came out so bad lol

Anyways I'll be seeing it tonight and hope you guys didn't hype me for nothing.

If you go and see the movie and don't want to immediately watch it again, humanity as we know it has officially ended..

Because if that movie doesn't entertain you as a youngling, then nothing will....lol

future
02-20-2016, 10:09 PM
Hate to be that guy. Call me a critic or hater but i didn't laugh once and the movie was whatever. 6/10

Felipe
02-20-2016, 10:17 PM
Hate to be that guy. Call me a critic or hater but i didn't laugh once and the movie was whatever. 6/10

You sir are a robot from skynet lol

Corbic
02-20-2016, 11:05 PM

SoCal problems, wasn't ironic enough.

SimpleS14
02-21-2016, 05:56 AM

Okay not your type of humor I guess. What is your type of humor? Name a comedic film that made you laugh.

exitspeed
02-21-2016, 06:05 AM
Deadpool broke another record. It's the first movie I've seen in the theater 3 times. Went again last night with the wifey. She even liked it and she's not up on pop culture references. She doesn't usually laugh at movies and she laughed a bunch.

future
02-21-2016, 09:12 AM
Let's be cops, ride along, that one weeding movie with Kevin heart, 21st jump street. All stand out for being funny

Problem is the humor in Deadpool was my type of crude and rude humor. But idk this movie was not funny at all. Not one bit. I definitely feel like this movie was the one they should have mad R unlike the other Marvel movies.

Lastly I liked the boobs and ass in the strip club scene and all that but let's be real. This is a movie with a R rating but it's a Marvel movie. Millions of kids under age will be watching this movie and I fund that un tastefully

Corbic
02-21-2016, 10:19 AM
Let's be cops, ride along, that one weeding movie with Kevin heart, 21st jump street. All stand out for being funny

Problem is the humor in Deadpool was my type of crude and rude humor. But idk this movie was not funny at all. Not one bit. I definitely feel like this movie was the one they should have mad R unlike the other Marvel movies.

Lastly I liked the boobs and ass in the strip club scene and all that but let's be real. This is a movie with a R rating but it's a Marvel movie. Millions of kids under age will be watching this movie and I fund that un tastefully

Think of the children!!!!

Seriously, are you trolling us or are you just trying to be that hipster douche that doesn't like popular things?

FaLKoN240
02-21-2016, 11:48 AM
Yeah at this point you're just irritating.

future
02-21-2016, 01:36 PM
Sorry I'm not you guys. I didn't say once it's a bad movie

But no where near as great as you guys made it. I didn't hate it by no means

SimpleS14
02-21-2016, 01:57 PM
Millions of kids under age will be watching this movie and I fund that un tastefully

Not sure about that. This movie is clearly not marketed to kids and if you're a responsible parent, you'd know for a fact that the R rating is a red flag.

95_S14
02-21-2016, 06:52 PM

Dark problems ........

driftsucky
02-24-2016, 10:07 AM
If you didn't laugh at this movie once, YOU ARE DEAD INSIDE. I loved it, but I'm an uber nerd and Deadpool is one of my favs. So, I've been waiting on this movie for 6+ years. So, I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO loved this movie. It was done right and I laughed throughout. But, things got real, when my wife, who is a woman, and somewhat of a prude, said this was one of her top 5 movies EVER. EVER!!! When she told me that, I almost impregnated her right then and there. TMI, I know, but I had to relay the amount of awe I felt for HER to say that she liked it as much as she did. Again, she's a woman. And, she wears business suits and turtle-necks and shit. And SHE called it top 5. That speaks volumes to me. I will probably go see this movie again because I had THAT much fun watching it. I've been speaking it's praises since opening weekend and this thread fills me with happy.

feito
03-15-2016, 09:07 AM
Nahh, just another super hero movie with plenty of comedy in it. I finally went to watch it last night, surprisingly it was still kind of packed. I actually though it was cheesy. Yes, it was funny, but not the funny i was expecting. I was expecting a darker movie, worthy of its R rating, with more realistic deads and more inocent lives lost (since deadpool gives no fucks), and a deadpool with a more sadistic humour, the kind of shit that would make you go "tafuq's wrong with him?!", and not have the entire room laughing as if we were watching louie ck. Also, narrating, it sorta bothered me, but my friend said that he does this in the comics so... Cool i guess that they sticked to the original story.
Guess im just not into super hero movies anymore. I actually have zero fucking interest on watching the new batman movie.
One more thing, it gives me a little heartburn when people laugh their asses off at shit they've already seen a couple dozen times during previous...