PDA

View Full Version : frame bent

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
09-13-2004, 12:51 AM
i just wanted to know if your frame bent once and you fix it, is it ever gonna handle or perform the way it did before. cuz im really annoyed bout it.

fastbacchris
09-13-2004, 01:09 AM
the driver side of my frame is bent. im going to get it fixed tomorrw. new repl upper tie bar, lt side panel, and some apron work. ill tell you how it turns out

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
09-13-2004, 01:13 AM
i mean i already fixed all my arms and the frame supposedly straightened out, but i just dont like the feeling thats it was bent and it might not handle as good. i mean i never taken it to the track so i wouldnt know if it handles differnt.

SilviaNinja240
09-13-2004, 02:17 AM
Bent frames are no biggie, worst case is that you drive with your steering wheel turned slightly left or right to go straight. Some people cry about it, but its still driveable. Some intances if it's soo jacked up, you'll be SOL, but other times it just some quick bendages will do the trick, even when its hella jacked up, there shouldn't be a problem preformance-wise, you'll just have to compensate the extra steering since it won't be aligned perfectly

DJ_Sunrise
09-13-2004, 12:56 PM
just go to a collision center, pay the couple hundred, and they'll straighten it better than stock. time takes its toll on a car, and itll turn out better than before. i had to get my frame straightened..they have all the specs and make it perfect. no biggie, nothing to even worry about :)

~Sunrise

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
09-13-2004, 04:49 PM
thanks, and is collision center just a repair shop?? cuz i had this one place straighten it but i belive its not strait. but thanks, im not worrying anymore haha.