PDA

View Full Version : P2m proprietary aluminum hose clamps now available in red finish!

phase2
01-25-2016, 04:05 AM
http://www.phase2motortrend.com/v/vspfiles/photos/P2-AHC200RD-KMI-2T.jpg

Please visit our web page (http://www.phase2motortrend.com/category-s/205.htm) for product details

fatduece
01-25-2016, 10:24 AM
Very nice!

TheRealSy90
01-27-2016, 06:53 AM
I found out that these cannot be used on cast aluminum elbows that are commonly welded to compressor housings and intercoolers. They have a larger outer diameter. :'(

phase2
01-27-2016, 09:06 PM
I found out that these cannot be used on cast aluminum elbows that are commonly welded to compressor housings and intercoolers. They have a larger outer diameter. :'(

What is the size of the cast aluminum elbow? Even then, shouldn't the elbow be connected to silicone hose coupler?

TheRealSy90
01-27-2016, 09:13 PM
What is the size of the cast aluminum elbow? Even then, shouldn't the elbow be connected to silicone hose coupler?

It didn't work on a 3" id, 2.5" id or a 2" id elbows that I have welded to my intercooler tanks (3" cold side, 2.5" hot side), and compressor housing (2"). With the P2M black couplers on the elbows, I had to squeeze the clamp to get the bolt to reach the other side, and then the little aluminum piece that one side of the clamp is supposed to slide over wouldn't work correctly because of the pressure on it already.

These were cast elbows from China. The clamps still work where my couplers are on regular aluminum piping though. Maybe using a larger clamp would work but I haven't tried? But there isn't one larger than 3".

A quarter inch over sized would probably work. But the 3" wouldn't tighten enough on the 2.5" cast elbow+coupler. The larger outer diameter of the cast elbows kinda messed up my plans :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phase2
01-27-2016, 10:04 PM
I see what you mean now, the cast elbow pushes the silicone hose out of range. That's very possible now that you mentioned this. For instance, a 2.5" ID elbow maybe a 2.75" clamp will work?

Btw, we are wrapping up releasing the 3.25" clamp as we speak, so that will probably work on your cast elbow setup on the 3" ID side.

Keep the clamps on your hand, if needed we can exchange the clamps out for you but we need to find out what size range work for your aluminum cast elbow. :)

TheRealSy90
01-28-2016, 02:50 AM
I see what you mean now, the cast elbow pushes the silicone hose out of range. That's very possible now that you mentioned this. For instance, a 2.5" ID elbow maybe a 2.75" clamp will work?

Btw, we are wrapping up releasing the 3.25" clamp as we speak, so that will probably work on your cast elbow setup on the 3" ID side.

Keep the clamps on your hand, if needed we can exchange the clamps out for you but we need to find out what size range work for your aluminum cast elbow. :)

That's exactly what I was thinking, stepping up the size on the three clamps that are on cast elbows. I THINK a 2.75 would work on the 2.5, 3.25 on the 3", 2.25 on the 2" etc.
I didn't think I would be able to exchange the ones I can't use since I opened them and I don't have the plastic packaging anymore :/

Aside from everything the clamps that did fit are awesome and I love how it makes the piping look. I like to tuck the bolt on the bottom so the black on black looks like I don't even have clamps at first!

phase2
01-28-2016, 03:25 AM
No problem, let us know the clamps you need wr will prepare for your testing and exchange, no worries on the packaging

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

TheRealSy90
01-28-2016, 05:11 AM
No problem, let us know the clamps you need wr will prepare for your testing and exchange, no worries on the packaging

Awesome thank you! I'm in Hawaii for work right now but I should be back home in a week or so. Should I message you through here when it comes time, or through email?

phase2
01-28-2016, 05:43 AM
Awesome thank you! I'm in Hawaii for work right now but I should be back home in a week or so. Should I message you through here when it comes time, or through email?

Either ways are fine with us!