PDA

View Full Version : 'The Da Vinci Code'

cali240sxdrifter
09-11-2004, 08:35 PM
ok, whats all this about. I heard about it last year, but there seems to be a spark in interest again in the book. Is this like the 9/11 books about theorys and such of what happen?

anthony240
09-11-2004, 08:58 PM
it's something about the bible having secret messages hidden in the passages, only in Hebrew or something tho. what's useless about it is that you can't find what you don't know you're looking for. only after the 9/11 catastrophe did they find the code about it. the code appears like a crossword puzzle, the message appears diagonal, vertical, and reverse. so there's a real slim chance to use this code to predict the future.

omen2853
09-12-2004, 12:28 AM
yeah. its like that movie pie (the math sign). you should watch it

Thorpedo
09-12-2004, 02:15 PM
its also just an excellent book =) if youre referring to the book, its about the REAL holy grail...the bloodline of christ.

NismoSilvia270R
09-12-2004, 04:31 PM
'angels and demons' is like a prequel to this one. also a conspiracy book by the same author

cali240sxdrifter
09-12-2004, 08:13 PM
yeah i was referring to the book. I think am gonna pick it up if I can still find it, seems theres been a shortage on the book these pass few months.

Omen - You mean Pi? Am gonna check it out too. thanks guys

S14Speed997
09-13-2004, 12:26 PM
I think am gonna pick it up if I can still find it, seems theres been a shortage on the book these pass few months.

because these are the last days... :Ownedd:

Steeles
09-13-2004, 01:33 PM
its a great book dealing with secret societies and symbolism. highly recommended. my dad gave it to me when he finished it and made sure i read it. there arent many books he reads he gets that excited over so I knew it was going to be good. its hard to put down.

Zenki_S14
11-19-2004, 11:24 PM
I just finished reading the book. Once I started reading it, I couldn't seem to put it down. Of all the books I've read, this is by far the best, but then again, it doesn't mean much because I don't read that many books. Hahaha. I borrowed the book from my friend, but I'm definately gonna go buy the special edition which includes Angels And Demons. This book highly recommended for those who appreciates a good book.

MakotoS13
11-20-2004, 12:00 AM
i'm reading the oreilly factor. i think he wins at the end.

s13silady
11-20-2004, 03:53 AM
i loved angels and demons... and i loved the da vinci code..(worked at Borders Books for a long time)

then some news for you Da Vinci code lovers, the movie is coming out... directed by Spielberg (sp?)..

dont know exact details... but i cant wait...

suhster85
11-20-2004, 08:58 AM
There is also a new version of The Da Vinci Code out with pictures of all the symbols and things that he describes.
Angels and Demons was an awesome book as well. A real Page turner.
And finally another book by Dan Brown entitled Deception Point is another awesome read. Couldn't put this book down.

cali240sxdrifter
11-20-2004, 03:05 PM
ugh, i hate school. I haven't been able to read it yet. Well winter vaction is gonna be good when I start reading it.

Yeah, Tom Hanks is the star of Steven's new film. Sounds really promising.

What is angels and demons about? Sounds really good.

Reos77
11-21-2004, 12:04 AM
I just finished reading Angels and Demons Today. This was a great book. I can't wait to see what the movie when it comes out. I hope the script follows the book and just doesn't end up shitty.

citizen
11-21-2004, 04:56 AM
do you mind if i kill you know?

cali240sxdrifter
11-21-2004, 11:32 AM

lol did you purchase 100 bucks or more and got the ultra cool questions he ask Bush haha.

RBS14
11-23-2004, 12:55 AM
His other books are great too! I've read all of Dan Brown's books, they are all well worth reading!

Zenki_S14
11-24-2004, 12:50 AM
I watched the movie National Treasure today, and with the mentioning of the Knights Templar, secret society, hidden treasure, clues leading to another clue, and other things, I noticed the similarities between the movie and the Da Vinci Code book. Did anybody catch this?

midnights14
11-24-2004, 04:27 PM
The DaVinci Code is based on non-sensical, unfounded ideas about a supposed relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus. The book has no solid evidence for any of the claims it makes, whereas the real thing, THE BIBLE, tells the story of how it really went. If you want to read an awesome book WITH historical value and relevance to the world today, the Bible wins hands down. :)

aznpoopy
11-24-2004, 10:57 PM
The DaVinci Code is based on non-sensical, unfounded ideas about a supposed relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus. The book has no solid evidence for any of the claims it makes, whereas the real thing, THE BIBLE, tells the story of how it really went. If you want to read an awesome book WITH historical value and relevance to the world today, the Bible wins hands down. :)

actually the ideas in davinci code are based on a book called 'holy grail, holy blood' or something like that. *that* particular book is based on non-sensical, unfounded ideas about the grail as the bloodline of christ.