PDA

View Full Version : Just noticed something extremely weird about the movie Vanilla Sky

DamnedButDetermined
09-09-2004, 09:37 PM
Well i just watched the DVD again, for the tenth time now, and you know the part when Tom Cruise and Jason Lee are talking after they leave the night club, and penelope cruz (sp?) has left for her apartment? Well if you pay real close attention to the person walking behind Tom Cruise, you will notice a man walk by with a black overcoat on and he has the exact same mask that tom has sitting on top of his head :wtf:

I have never noticed that before and I cannot think of why Cameron Crow would have put that in there. At first I thought it was because of the Lucid Dream, but he hadn't spliced into the dream world yet. Please share your thoughts and any other comments you have about this movie and what kind of qwerks (sp?) you are trying to figure out.

have a nice night,
DbD

P.S. I think this is one of the best films ever made and can never be completely figured out...good day

FastBack 240
09-09-2004, 09:42 PM
I have yet to see it and won't critique it but heard this movie was awful.

cali240sxdrifter
09-09-2004, 09:42 PM
i love trippy movies like this, same with FightClub and Training Day had that sort of deception, trippy shit going on.

gonna go re-download the movie again, what time frame is it on?

KA24DESOneThree
09-09-2004, 09:52 PM
That movie was REALLY trippy. I liked it.

DamnedButDetermined
09-09-2004, 09:58 PM
i love trippy movies like this, same with FightClub and Training Day had that sort of deception, trippy shit going on.

gonna go re-download the movie again, what time frame is it on?

It is in either chapter 13 or 14...You will notice what I am talking about because there is only one person, I think, that walks by while they are talking after the club.

Oh this movie was only awful to those poor souls who cannot think very deep! Please just rent it and form your own opinion....Oh yeah people also say that The Big Labowski was awful but we all know they are, Out of Their Element, Donnie! :bowdown:

MakotoS13
09-09-2004, 09:59 PM
i still find new things in fight club and i've seen it easily over 50 times.

vanilla sky is a trip. i like movies that make us question our perception of the world around us. it helps one to grow.

omen2853
09-10-2004, 12:16 AM
i like the original spanish version better. vanilla sky is a total ripoff of it. its damn near word for word. vanilla sky is a good movie though...

MakotoS13
09-10-2004, 06:52 AM
a lot of films get bad reviews cause they're over the heads of the film critics. hell, most people think fight club is about fighting.

simpletons.

aznpoopy
09-10-2004, 07:22 AM
Well i just watched the DVD again, for the tenth time now, and you know the part when Tom Cruise and Jason Lee are talking after they leave the night club, and penelope cruz (sp?) has left for her apartment? Well if you pay real close attention to the person walking behind Tom Cruise, you will notice a man walk by with a black overcoat on and he has the exact same mask that tom has sitting on top of his head :wtf:

i bet it was a stunt double or something who got caught in the shot. fight club was a good, deep movie. IMO, vanilla sky was more like pretentious sci-fi masquerading as a thriller/romance.

mk20116
09-10-2004, 10:30 AM

I have never noticed that before and I cannot think of why Cameron Crow would have put that in there. At first I thought it was because of the Lucid Dream, but he hadn't spliced into the dream world yet. Please share your thoughts and any other comments you have about this movie and what kind of qwerks (sp?) you are trying to figure out.

have a nice night,
DbD

P.S. I think this is one of the best films ever made and can never be completely figured out...good day

i noticed that first time around too.... figured out it was probably part of the movie...

the only way i did understand what was going on was by reading it on the net later.

DamnedButDetermined
09-10-2004, 11:37 AM
i noticed that first time around too.... figured out it was probably part of the movie...

the only way i did understand what was going on was by reading it on the net later.

What do you mean part of the movie? The only thing that makes sense to me is that Cameron Crow was just fucking with us overly observant viewers by adding that in there.

FightClub is also one of my all time favorite movies as well

clean
09-10-2004, 03:27 PM
fight club is my second favorite movie followed by The Wizard of OZ. there are a shit load of good movies out there, too many to list. all Guy Richie movies, cohenn bros movies, some quintin tarenteno, kevin smith. Vanilla sky was good but not that good, it was just a sci fi movie. it was good till the twist which was kinda stupid, he was dead for hundreds of years or something and reliving a nightmare....it was ok. check out U-Turn if you like fk^, sean penn, billie bob, j-lo. anything w/ brad pit pretty much is good, if your w/ a girl watch legends of the fall, w/ the guys Kalifornia or fight club. why wizard of oz you ask? made in 1939, think about the whole idea or it, read the book, they left out about half. then read the other 12 i think. if you really want to mess w/ your head rent Memento.

mjjstang
09-10-2004, 06:55 PM
training day was damn good, so was happy gilmore, and national lampoons christmas vacation.

ZenkiSE
09-10-2004, 07:25 PM
You were meant to see it ..It is the first "huh" in the movie before they finally explain everything. good eye

SW20Racer
09-11-2004, 02:08 AM
get fucked up and watch "PeeWee's Playhouse" thats always fun!!! :fruit:

evilimport
09-11-2004, 02:34 AM
Vanilla Sky was a cool movie but most of my friends dont like it because it wasnt easy for them to comprehend, I guess... Fight Club rules, though.

kandyflip445
09-11-2004, 03:20 AM
They don't get Vanilla Sky? WOW, they must not actually WATCH movies. Aside from the whole lucid dream thing and figuring things out my favorite part was the mole. ;)

Ghettokracker71
09-11-2004, 06:20 AM
Just noticed something extremely weird about the movie Vanilla Sky...

The entire movie? What?

Buffalo Daughter
09-13-2004, 01:40 AM
Anyone ever see that face under the bed in the beginning of the movie "stuck on you" with matt damon in it? Right in the beginnig as the camera i think is panning down you see a quick glimpse of a face look straight at you. In the dvd comentary they talk about how it got into the final cut. Kinda weird. Watch it and you tell me. Its a fake to what i can tell but its pretty freaky seeing it the first time.

Apollyon
09-13-2004, 01:58 AM
i still find new things in fight club and i've seen it easily over 50 times.

try reading the book.

240niz
09-13-2004, 02:23 AM
Only saw it once....never again