PDA

View Full Version : CA FS: 1972 Honda CB350 Cafe Racer

Balukasz
12-18-2015, 08:35 PM
For Sale: 1972 Honda CB350 Cafe
Title: Clear
Price: 2500 OBO

Hey Zilvia, great to be back and offer everyone a unique ride. Description videos and pics below. If there are request for any specific pics or videos please feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to get those posted.

Sold AS IS.

Start Up Video
https://youtu.be/He-4OHTopZY

Riding/Gear Change Video
https://youtu.be/e3Pn1x1jcfA

History:
I'm unsure of the exact history of ownership for the bike, VIN has been included for your own research. I purchased the bike from my old high school shop teacher, he has over 30 years of automotive and bike service. He went through the bike and buttoned everything up when he first got it. The bike sat for a year when I purchased it from him, I've since gone through the bike and redone fluids, flushed the gas/carbs, and general maintenance. I only ride the bike on weekends and around the city.

Ride:
Being 43 years old this CB350 does show its age, but is easily maneuverable and responsive to inputs. Riding position is forward because of the cafe bars, but can be adjust for a more relaxed upright stance. Acceleration through the gears is smooth (slight cable play in the throttle grip), the gear shifts are crisp, and clutch feel is great. The brakes are drums and manual, so they're there but its entirely up to you to decide how quickly want to attempt to stop.

Frame:
Solid and never wrecked

Front End:
Tire has good tread left and holds air well
Forks- they don't leak and do the job well enough
Cafe Bars
Aftermarket shortened levers

Engine:
I'm sure its been rebuilt, but I can't say with certainty when or to what extent. Fires up every time, has good power delivery, doesn't smoke or sputter. Carburetors have been gone through by prior owner, and are synchronized.
Straight piped

Transmission
Shifts great up and down all gears. Clutch engages nicely. Power transferred smoothly to rear.

Rear end:
Good tire tread
Shocks in working order with no leaks

Electrics:
All of them work except for one. Brake light works as a running light, but wont light up when applying rear brake. The light is good, my guess is it's the switch.
No turn signals.

Brakes:
Both drum and work. Unsure of how when the last brake/shoe change was.

Body:
Tank is dent free
Aftermarket fiberglass saddle.
Saddle and Tank are wrapped.

Bads:
When bike is warmed up the heat wrap on the left exhaust pipe smokes, not sure why.
Brake light only works as running light
No turn signals
No Tach or Speedo installed. (I do have them in a box and are included in sale)
Paint on frame and wrap on tank and saddle have chips here and there.