PDA

View Full Version : Car Part Shops in Tokyo

s13chica
09-06-2004, 07:06 PM
I'm in tokyo right now and I want to bring back parts for some friends. I've asked around, and no one seems to understand what I want. I don't want to go to autobacs, but I'm looking for something else. Used parts are fine with me, hks store, anything like that.

Can anyone help?

Brian
09-06-2004, 11:51 PM
Georgia, fuck autobacs, go to any Up Garage.
see if you can't pick up a Dori-Ten magazine and find the up=garage ad in it. it should list all the shops in the land. then work your way from there!

ZK
09-07-2004, 03:36 PM
When I was there I picked up a copy of Option magazine and looked up places close to where I was. I couldn't find an Autobacs ad in Option so I asked one of the car shops where it was.

Of course getting to them via JR was a bit hard for some of the places... they are out in the middle of no where.

mrmephistopheles
09-07-2004, 06:15 PM
hey Georgia. Are you actually IN Tokyo or outside of it? I go to car part stores out here all the time, but I don't know what's near downtown. If you're comfortable with using the trains, it's really easy to get out here (and not too expensive.) We're about 40min - 1 hour outside of Tokyo

mrmephistopheles
09-07-2004, 06:19 PM
pick up a Dori-Ten magazine and find the up=garage ad in it. it should list all the shops in the land.

Hell, I could take a pic of one of those ads, as one of my used part magazines has one.. But not being able to read or speak Japanese makes that ad useless to me. Granted, it shows how many locations and a general location for each, but beyond that it's not much good. Maybe showing that ad to a taxi driver and asking him to take you to the nearest one might work, but taxis in Japan, especially Tokyo, are f'in expensive.

Heartwork
09-07-2004, 06:22 PM
dont the 7-11's there have used car parts guide, sorta like an Auto Trader that tells you all the stores in the area?

mrmephistopheles
09-07-2004, 06:41 PM
yeah. 7-11s, FamilyMart, 3F's, etc. They all have them, generally.

BoroBoroS13
09-08-2004, 12:53 PM
I would check out Nismo, Impul, Super Auto Bac's, and Up Garage. Nismo and Impul have some very nice show rooms and cars to drewl over/Super Auto Bac's is a little expensive but look for the on sale items (Got a set of Tein N/A's for my P11 dirt cheap back in the day)/Up Garage I think you already know about.

Go online and look for the store locations and they usually will have a little map with the closest train station and walking directions. Dont expect anyone to really know where these places are though, most people are clueless. Just print the little maps and if you get lost show it to them, look confused, and say "Watashi wa maigo desu" (I am lost) or "Ima doko desu ka" (Where am I), or "Koko ne iketai" (I want to go here). I hope that helps a little...

S14DB
09-09-2004, 09:05 PM
Just ask a taxi driver "gei ga atsumaru basho wa doko desu ka?" He'll take you were you need to go.

mrmephistopheles
09-09-2004, 09:20 PM
you're a dork, Georgia.
Post here looking for help, and never check back, and you're already back in the states.. wtf?

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
09-09-2004, 11:39 PM
dont even go to nismo, they have all differnt names to there parts, so when i asked autobacs they ddnt know what i was talking about. and also cuz my japanese isnt perfect.

TRUENOCOUPE
09-10-2004, 12:47 AM
She's still in Japan.

thx247
09-10-2004, 12:59 AM
back today fool.

mrmephistopheles
09-10-2004, 05:41 AM
She's still in Japan.

:keke:
Talked to her before I posted via AIM and she was back in CA.

s13chica
09-10-2004, 10:50 AM
It's true I am back, but the reason I couldn't check it was because I couldn't get to a computer...yes...I am a dork. But I asked in all the 7-11's I found and no one could help me! I even had someone ask in japanese...oh well

mrmephistopheles
09-10-2004, 06:18 PM
you coming back out here anytime soon?