PDA

View Full Version : Cigars.

Ghettokracker71
09-06-2004, 01:43 PM
What do y'all think of cigars? I turned 18 this past august and have discovered that I highly enjoy one everyonce in a while...my GF put me on a limit of one a month.

Ones I've tried so far:

Garcia Vega candela ciggerallo-first one ever! really strong and unqiue,don't really like it...

Swisher Sweet Cinnamon ciggerallo-tasted good before you light it,but after lighting it tastes plain..

Swisher Sweet Chocalate reg. size-I like! More cigar-ish then the phillies choc. but not as yum. Enjoyable.

Phillies Sour Apple/Chocalate-TEH WIN:rawk:!!!

nismo skyline
09-06-2004, 01:48 PM
i too enjoy cigars once in awhile. so far i tried peach, vanilla, cherry and the plain ol swisher. peach being my fav so far

ThatGuy
09-06-2004, 02:05 PM
On my travels abroad I have sampled A few different brands, most not available in the states (think Castro). By far the smoothest Cigar I ever smoked was a Cohiba. Not sure exactly what kind it was, just remeber the brand that made it. I usually only enjoy a Cigar or two while playing Golf, or drinking. Neither of which I do often.

Dweezil
09-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Partagas black label and macanudo maduro are my faves that are in current production. The best I've had was a Montecristo series 5, to bad they were only a limited run. The Drew Estate Acids are nice if you want something with flavor though.

ShortGuy622
09-06-2004, 02:52 PM
davidoff millenium blends are the BEST ever. partagas isnt bad either. savinelli is a good smooth blend, and punch is a good beginner cigar. now that u guys got me talkin about cigars i want one, but i gotta go to work. oh well.

AlligatorBling
09-06-2004, 03:40 PM
don't smoke cheap cigars, if you want a good smoke they are a waste of time and money... they are only good for one thing lol... go to your tobacco shop and get you a don diego players club... nice smoke. most grocery store cigars are stale, have not been in the right humidity, and are not worth smoking after its half way though if it even taste ok that far..

Salty_X
09-06-2004, 04:05 PM
When I was going to school back in Michigan my buddies and I used to smoke cigars in celebration of big tests or finals. I can't remember the names, Macanudo sounds familiar though.

Right now I have a Romeo y Julieta sitting here with my name on it. I'm trying to save it for my birthday.
Must... resist.... urges... :hyper:

I know they're not cigars, but does anyone here smoke cloves? I used to be hooked on Djarum Blacks. :yum:

Ghettokracker71
09-06-2004, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the replies guys!

I also tried white owl xtra peach....that was REALLY good. I can't wait to try the xtra apple,and etc from them.

The ROMAN
09-06-2004, 04:22 PM
Once and a while if I have some extra money I'll go to the cigar store by me and drop around $50 on cigars. Usually a pack or two of the Pantera mini-cigars, and a few Punch, Partagas, Macanudos and a bunch of other brands I can't think of right now. Dammit, I can't remember the name, but theres these new cigars, Uno, or somthing, that are awesome. One store owner recommended them to me based on how I drink my coffee. I've also managed to get some cubans from time to time, usually if a relative goes somewhere on vacation.

nismo skyline
09-06-2004, 04:30 PM
I know they're not cigars, but does anyone here smoke cloves? I used to be hooked on Djarum Blacks. :yum:

Werd Djarum Specials are my fav

AlligatorBling
09-06-2004, 04:30 PM

cloves are great, i used to smoke them as well, i love the smell and taste =)

Dweezil
09-06-2004, 04:41 PM
That's one I forgot, Playboy by Don Diego, an excellant priced, daily cigar

fastbacchris
09-06-2004, 09:34 PM
i like cigars with green stuff in it :boink:

Meccathor
09-06-2004, 10:45 PM
I also really enjoy an occasional cigar.

My favorite brands are Montecristo, Ashton, and Punch. But if I'm in the mood for something cheap, i'll get a Kahlua cigar, they leave an awesome aftertaste in your mouth.

Johny5
09-07-2004, 04:39 AM
Djarum Bali High's here, like cinnamon or something? pretty good stuff.

SW20Racer
09-07-2004, 08:10 AM
white owls and swishers? garcia y vegas? you mean like gas station cigars? gross...get something good like a cohiba/artuo fuente/mote cristo/opus x(sp)?? something along those lines. if you ppl want cigars drop me a line i get high quality humidor kept smokes very very cheap.i could easily get you a sealed box of cohibas for $25 or less

cttt300zx
09-07-2004, 12:14 PM
I like arturo fuente(spelling). good cigar, not real expensive, but very good.

AAA240SX
09-08-2004, 10:03 AM
This thread reminds me of Will Smith in Independence Day.

BSeay
09-08-2004, 10:39 PM
my GF put me on a limit of one a month.

uh huh...we know who wears the pants in that relationship..

I dont smoke but i have tried the cherry phillies are they are ok i suppose....

Jeff240sx
09-08-2004, 11:04 PM
I turned 18 this past august and have discovered that I highly enjoy one everyonce in a while

Garcia Vega candela ciggerallo-first one ever! really strong and unqiue,don't really like it...

Hmm.

Swisher Sweet Cinnamon ciggerallo-tasted good before you light it,but after lighting it tastes plain..

Swisher Sweet Chocalate reg. size-I like! More cigar-ish then the phillies choc. but not as yum. Enjoyable.

Now this is sad. It's like saying "I love alcohol! I went to the store and bough some wine coolers, midori melon, banana licquour, and peach schnapps!" To which I'd reply "Bitch."
-Jeff

SW20Racer
09-08-2004, 11:12 PM
exactly. go to a smoke shop with a walk in humidor and check it out, thats where the quality cigars are kept.

S14DB
09-08-2004, 11:23 PM
What do y'all think of cigars? I turned 18 this past august and have discovered that I highly enjoy one everyonce in a while...my GF put me on a limit of one a month.

Ones I've tried so far:

That's like buying a Kia and saying you like to drive sports cars. I would expect a 240sx owner to have better taste than that. IMHO those are not cigars. Blunt wrappers at best.

At only one a month I would go all out:
Cohiba
Montecristo
CAO
Romeo y Julieta
Punch
Hoyo De Monterrey
Upmann
Bering
Macanudo
Don Diego
Bolivar
Partagás
La Gloria Cubana
Sancho Panza

That's all I can think of right now. At one a month I would spend over $5 a cigar and buy it from a real tobacco store. A RTDA member is even better.

rizzle
09-09-2004, 01:42 AM
only thing gas station cigars are good for is blunts lol. best blunt cigar is dutchmasters though.

BSeay
09-09-2004, 09:10 AM
Hmm.

Now this is sad. It's like saying "I love alcohol! I went to the store and bough some wine coolers, midori melon, banana licquour, and peach schnapps!" To which I'd reply "Bitch."
-Jeff

LOL.... :Ownedd:

MurdarioStomp
09-10-2004, 04:23 AM
id go with cohibas...they miht ba little expensive but if thats a problem, thompson cigar company makes some called friscos. Theyre really nice for like $40 a case of 50 or somethin cheap as crap.

oojpeeoo
09-10-2004, 09:26 AM
u guys ever smoked a bidi.... kailis bidi to be exact... i think they outlawed them here now

AlligatorBling
09-10-2004, 06:55 PM
u guys ever smoked a bidi.... kailis bidi to be exact... i think they outlawed them here now

yep, a few years ago i bought some.... harsh.... lol, dont draw in very hard on them. hold the smoke in, and your in for seeing black specks floating around.

S14DB
09-10-2004, 11:34 PM
id go with cohibas...they miht ba little expensive but if thats a problem, thompson cigar company makes some called friscos. Theyre really nice for like $40 a case of 50 or somethin cheap as crap.
They are cheap as crap cause Thompsons shit is crap.

They just put more restrictions on them cause the kiddies wanted them. Most places have them behind the counter.

TiNMAN
09-13-2004, 01:18 AM
forget all this cigar talk, light up a blunt and pass it around! :boink: