PDA

View Full Version : What's the value of Kouki S14?

Kevin920415
10-24-2015, 08:10 AM
Sorry if this is the wrong section but here it goes.

I've been away from the 240 scene for a while and I have no clue how much koukis go for now a days...

here is the information..

have a 1997 240SX SE for sale. I know what it's worth so send me reasonable offers.
-clean title
-86k original miles
-everything works perfect
-cold A/C
-dash has absolutely zero cracks/damage
-interior has no damage/fading/tears
-HID headlights
-clear corner lamps
-shaved rear wing
-Apex-i coilovers
-Cusco strutbars
-Suspension Techniques swaybars
-Cusco Rear adj. upper mounts
-Enkei RPF1 SBC 18X9 +15
-245/40/18 Continental tires 80% tread
-Nissan 300ZX calipers
-KVR cross-drilled rotors
-Carbon Kevlar brake pads
-SS brake lines
-Motul brake fluid
-Injen CAI
-Apex-i N1 catback exhaust
-Greddy header
-C's short shifter
-Apex-i Rev/Speed meter
-Pioneer APP Radio 4
-Pioneer speakers
-1000W amp with 10"sub
-MOMO Shift knob
-Viper alarm

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10441040_10204827128988493_1573229131903037612_n.j pg?oh=a4c09fa8342afe1de2eae6e70e9e99a3&oe=56B68B0B
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12036683_10204827129508506_5094779054090531946_n.j pg?oh=5c317506b8ab93478ee68cc504934594&oe=56CA5883
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/11002624_10204827129668510_496361930674056104_n.jp g?oh=c02e3e740b43ece62d763dd0ecf4045f&oe=56B950AD

I'm assuming the car is clean and I'm looking this goes for $7k-8k?

Remember I'm in SoCal so these cars are expensive as fuhhhh..

Let me know what you think. I've been looking for a clean daily for a while..

silviaks2nr
10-24-2015, 08:27 AM
7 or 8 is probably fair but you could get more. My advice is don't sell it if you think you will ever want one again. You won't find one that good again.

zombiewolf513
10-24-2015, 09:49 AM
if youre selling for 7 or 8 ill come buy it today

Quail
10-24-2015, 10:35 AM
He's the buyer, guys!

I'd expect that to be a bit over $8K tbh, if its clean.

zombiewolf513
10-24-2015, 10:40 AM
In that case Id expect to see 10.5k+ all day

CrimsonRockett
10-24-2015, 11:10 AM
Pricing is very subjective.

Stock Kouki, original 5-speed SE, under 100k miles. Something like that is easily $7500-$8,500 to the right buyer.

The mods in this case don't really add a lot of value considering they're easily accessible items.

Malik
10-24-2015, 11:12 AM
8k without a motor swap

corbin
10-24-2015, 12:04 PM
$8.5k-9.5k $8000 is a really good deal for that car, $9500 is what you pay if you really want it.

Ilya
10-24-2015, 01:11 PM
Mods never add value to the car. Gotta ask why he is selling. No one sells a car if there is nothing wrong with it. Considering the amount of work done to it, you are buying a project car

CrimsonRockett
10-24-2015, 03:04 PM
Mods never add value to the car. Gotta ask why he is selling. No one sells a car if there is nothing wrong with it. Considering the amount of work done to it, you are buying a project car

Yes they do. All the time.

Lifestyle change.

Kids.

Needs a more fuel efficient commuter car.

Lots of reasons.

az_240
10-24-2015, 04:17 PM

So many incorrect statements here:picardfp:

Ilya
10-24-2015, 04:32 PM
Yes they do. All the time.

Lifestyle change.

Kids.

Needs a more fuel efficient commuter car.

Lots of reasons.

Lifestyle change - just came back from fighting someones war and lost a leg, car is 5 speed, gotta sell it. Something wrong with the car

Kids - car is too small to fit kids. Something wrong with the car

Needs a more fuel efficient commuter car - car consumes to much gas, car is broken or just uses to much fuel. Something wrong with the car

Lots of reasons - yeah and they always lead to you changing the car because there is something wrong with the car for those reasons

http://www.kbb.com/nissan/240sx/1997-nissan-240sx/se-coupe-2d/?condition=excellent&vehicleid=8189&intent=buy-used&options=305214%7ctrue%7c305265%7cfalse%7c305272%7c true%7c305341%7ctrue%7c305349%7ctrue%7c305341%7ctr ue%7c305341%7cfalse%7c305349%7ctrue%7c305371%7ctru e%7c305386%7ctrue&mileage=142141&pricetype=private-party

$3.5K is the value of that car. Once you wreck it, insurance will not give you more than $5K for it without a huge headache on your shoulders. ITS A 90s NISSAN. Unfortunately for us enthusiast, we don't set the price for how much our cars are worth so saying that its worth X while there is a tool used in the industry to price cars appropriately, does not do well for us. Investing in a car is never a good idea, EVER. But because it makes us feel good, we do.

Ilya
10-24-2015, 04:40 PM
So many incorrect statements here:picardfp:

I forgot to put food in your moms dog dish today...

See, words with out evidence are just that, words.

Now go on and keep dreaming that your SR Powered King-Kong Godzilla Wangam Style Nissan-son sil80SX is the most expensive and awesomest car in the world :keke:

[240sx]
10-24-2015, 04:45 PM
Lifestyle change - just came back from fighting someones war and lost a leg, car is 5 speed, gotta sell it. Something wrong with the car

Needs a more fuel efficient commuter car - car consumes to much gas, car is broken or just uses to much fuel. Something wrong with the car.

Quite possibly the dumbest f****** thing I read today....

Ilya
10-24-2015, 04:51 PM
;5963869']Quite possibly the dumbest f****** thing I read today....

Please enlighten us with your intelligence Mr Bracket 240sx Bracket

corbin
10-24-2015, 05:01 PM

Needs a more fuel efficient commuter car - car consumes to much gas, car is broken or just uses to much fuel. Something wrong with the car

Lots of reasons - yeah and they always lead to you changing the car because there is something wrong with the car for those reasons

http://www.kbb.com/nissan/240sx/1997-nissan-240sx/se-coupe-2d/?condition=excellent&vehicleid=8189&intent=buy-used&options=305214%7ctrue%7c305265%7cfalse%7c305272%7c true%7c305341%7ctrue%7c305349%7ctrue%7c305341%7ctr ue%7c305341%7cfalse%7c305349%7ctrue%7c305371%7ctru e%7c305386%7ctrue&mileage=142141&pricetype=private-party

Now you're just being disingenuous. CrimsonRockett's post was in response to your statement that 'no one sells a car if there is nothing wrong with it' listing plenty of reasons one might sell a car other than there being something wrong with the car. Your response was to pretend by '[something] wrong with [the car]' you meant 'something wrong' as in the car being incompatible with their personal/financial/physical situation, rather than the original and actual meaning of it meaning something mechanically wrong with the car. Disingenuous.

fatduece
10-24-2015, 05:28 PM
I dont think your car is worth more than 7k. My friend bought a super clean 98 with a built ka, 450whp for 12k and it had a lot of mods (quality, no china sh8t) So I think 8-9k is too much. I dont know the market in Cali, im in Washington.

8k without a motor swap

What kind of sh8t you smoking? :picardfp:

Malik
10-24-2015, 06:35 PM
the best stuff on earth

dizzariot
10-24-2015, 06:55 PM

That's fucking retarded. It's retarded because of my response to this:

Now go on and keep dreaming that your SR Powered King-Kong Godzilla Wangam Style Nissan-son sil80SX is the most expensive and awesomest car in the world :keke:

Guys like you always seem to get forget what forum we're on. Here's a hint: It's dedicated to a specific chassis. People come here and shop for cars here because (to them) this chassis is worth the expense and is in fact the most awesome car (to them).

$3.5K is the value of that car. Once you wreck it, insurance will not give you more than $5K for it without a huge headache on your shoulders. ITS A 90s NISSAN. Unfortunately for us enthusiast, we don't set the price for how much our cars are worth so saying that its worth X while there is a tool used in the industry to price cars appropriately, does not do well for us. Investing in a car is never a good idea, EVER. But because it makes us feel good, we do.

Why are you talking about wrecks? It's a clean title.

Dude I think you're trolling at this point. OF COURSE the enthusiasts set the tone for price. If fucking PT Cruisers gained a cult following the price would increase over the next few months.

OP, there's more value in a stock '98 with a KA24DE if you're asking for opinions. Most HP retards will tell you that it's not worth shit because they want to drop a God damn LS motor into everything. The term 'unmolested' is a major selling point when it comes to motors. Suspension modifications should always add value if the car has high miles. The fact that it's low but not 'stance' low is a plus.

All my opinion, though.

Reece
10-24-2015, 11:09 PM

What the fuck did I just read

Kuma
10-25-2015, 12:45 AM
So basically, somewhere between 3k and 10k.

What's it worth to you, OP? How much would you pay for it?

tricky_ab
10-25-2015, 08:42 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/tbt.gif

Malik
10-25-2015, 12:30 PM
So basically, somewhere between 3k and 10k.

exactly...

CrimsonRockett
10-25-2015, 01:06 PM
Having sold multiple 97-98 Kouki's ranging from $6500 (stock/auto) to $9,000 (lightly modified/manual), anything under $5,000 is giving the car away.

High demand car in California.

Can the seller get more for the car? Sure. A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

OBEEWON
10-26-2015, 08:30 AM
Not as much as My Skyline™, peasant.

driftsucky
10-26-2015, 09:50 AM
What the car is WORTH and what the car will sell for are completely different. The car is worth 3k TOPS. You wouldn't get that much at an auction nor would you get that much if you totaled it. However, you could sell that car for like 10kish. At any given time, the first page of "cars for sale" on this forum is littered with shitty older than your car cars with jdm motors selling for 11,12,13k and up. There's even half put together "projects" selling for double digits. So, I say aim high if you're gonna do it. Shoot for the moon or don't shoot at all.

Ilya
10-26-2015, 10:27 AM
^ great post.

The only way we can keep our cars worth 9k is by having an extra page on this forum where we all post our cars for sale at an additional $5k more than what they are worth. That way, when you total your car and want to find comparable cars to show to your insurance, you will find cars actually worth what you think they are worth and insurance can't do anything about it since they have to give you market value.

However considering how much everyone is an "enthusiast" on here, that will never happen, even though that will give us a slightly better advantage to protect the values of our cars.

mewantkouki
10-26-2015, 10:32 AM
Eleventy million dollars

Alamo_City_210
10-26-2015, 11:13 AM
Sorry if this is the wrong section but here it goes.

I've been away from the 240 scene for a while and I have no clue how much koukis go for now a days...

here is the information..

have a 1997 240SX SE for sale. I know what it's worth so send me reasonable offers.

sooooooo, you do not know what they're worth, but you say you do. :picardfp:

CrimsonRockett
10-26-2015, 12:27 PM
Poor punctuation.

Right below where he states "here's the information", I'm sure he's referring to the persons ad.

silviaks2nr
10-26-2015, 12:45 PM
lol @ 'car is worth 3k because insurance' comments

go back to whatever muddy bog you crawled out of.

Ilya
10-26-2015, 01:40 PM
lol @ 'car is worth 3k because insurance' comments

go back to whatever muddy bog you crawled out of.

It's amazing how people react to things they do not like hearing yet know they are somewhat true, especially when presented with evidence.

Which has a higher probability of happening?
1. While having no intention to sell your car, you sell your car for a ridiculous amount of money
2. While having no intention to wreck your car, a texter rear ends you

Choice #1 is called "hopes and dreams"

Choice #2 is called "real life"

As a smart buyer, you should never pay for a car more than what you can get for it out of the worst possible situation aka a wreck.

Enthusiasts are the dumbest people when it comes to investing money into cars because the rate of return is so bad. It's unfortunate but true.

corbin
10-26-2015, 10:28 PM
A collector car can be an appreciating asset that keeps pace with inflation and is relatively liquid (easy to convert to cash). It's not an ideal investment because of unpredictability, but if it appreciates enough, you can still come out handsomely on top. Still, car collecting is widely considered too risky as a long term investment. Honestly though I have no idea what investment value has to do with this thread. Investment value is not market value. A risk-averse investor may be willing to spend no more than insurance valuation on a 240SX, but an enthusiast buyer doesn't care about risk in the same way. The enthusiast spends more than the investor because the car is worth more to him as a toy/experience than as an investment. It doesn't matter that he might get hosed by insurance if the car gets wrecked because the mere chance of not wrecking and enjoying the car is worth more money to him than the money he would save by not taking the risk. Hopefully for the OPs sake he can bear the financial loss in the worst case scenario (although I don't think a wreck is as likely as you make it out to be)... though that's really none of our business. If you really want to talk about financial indiscretion and cars talk about the poor saps who finance new cars. In that situation, you are saddled with a financial burden FOR SURE (depreciating asset), not just in the unlikely event of a wreck, usually for an amount greater than with a partially insured old sports car.

KiLLeR2001
10-26-2015, 10:59 PM
As a smart buyer, you should never pay for a car more than what you can get for it out of the worst possible situation aka a wreck.

Enthusiasts are the dumbest people when it comes to investing money into cars because the rate of return is so bad. It's unfortunate but true.

Moronic epic face palm worthy post.

A collector car can be an appreciating asset that keeps pace with inflation and is relatively liquid (easy to convert to cash). It's not an ideal investment because of unpredictability, but if it appreciates enough, you can still come out handsomely on top. Still, car collecting is widely considered too risky as a long term investment. Honestly though I have no idea what investment value has to do with this thread. Investment value is not market value. A risk-averse investor may be willing to spend no more than insurance valuation on a 240SX, but an enthusiast buyer doesn't care about risk in the same way. The enthusiast spends more than the investor because the car is worth more to him as a toy/experience than as an investment. It doesn't matter that he might get hosed by insurance if the car gets wrecked because the mere chance of not wrecking and enjoying the car is worth more money to him than the money he would save by not taking the risk. Hopefully for the OPs sake he can bear the financial loss in the worst case scenario (although I don't think a wreck is as likely as you make it out to be)... though that's really none of our business. If you really want to talk about financial indiscretion and cars talk about the poor saps who finance new cars. In that situation, you are saddled with a financial burden FOR SURE (depreciating asset), not just in the unlikely event of a wreck, usually for an amount greater than with a partially insured old sports car.

Educated well thought out post. Thank you sir.

Michael E
10-27-2015, 07:10 AM
Its worth whatever someone is willing to pay...

driftsucky
10-27-2015, 07:34 AM

/thread

msglength

dizzariot
10-27-2015, 05:46 PM
corbin nailed it. I don't know why we're even discussing this on a fucking thread full of (well, for the most part?) enthusiasts. As an investment cars are stupid. We get it. If you're an enthusiast you don't give a shit.

I have a friend that's a crazy latina enthusiast and even though it costs him a ton of money he's committed to his passion.

jr_ss
10-27-2015, 07:45 PM
The great thing about "classic" car insurance is, you get to decide how much your car is worth... If something were to happen, you get a check cut to your name for the value you deemed necessary, to cover your "investment/ass". Now, you do pay handsomely for that "value" monthly.

silviaks2nr
10-27-2015, 07:51 PM
The great thing about "classic" car insurance is, you get to decide how much your car is worth... If something were to happen, you get a check cut to your name for the value you deemed necessary, to cover your "investment/ass". Now, you do pay handsomely for that "value" monthly.

Well no, not really. You and your insurance company come to an agreement on what the car is worth based on comparable cars, an appraisal, and/or receipts for parts and custom work put into the vehicle. Monthly premium is not bad either. I pay $201/yr for my 240 and tax/registration is $44/yr. I do get a nice fat check if something happens to the car though.

dizzariot
10-27-2015, 09:17 PM
Well no, not really. You and your insurance company come to an agreement on what the car is worth based on comparable cars, an appraisal, and/or receipts for parts and custom work put into the vehicle. Monthly premium is not bad either. I pay $201/yr for my 240 and tax/registration is $44/yr. I do get a nice fat check if something happens to the car though.

Forgot to add this. With my insurance through USAA I've been told that I'll be reimbursed for anything I can produce receipts for. I didn't swap my motor so I'll lose that but everything else has a paper trail. It pays to keep receipts on file.

turboshoebox
10-27-2015, 09:38 PM
I have a friend that's a crazy latina enthusiast and even though it costs him a ton of money he's committed to his passion.

i didnt know we were friends

Grocery Cart
10-27-2015, 10:06 PM
Damn people are really ready to jump on a Kouki for 8-10k? That's insane. Is it really just the enthusiasts that make them worth that much? Because honestly I couldn't justify buying one for that much.

dizzariot
10-27-2015, 10:24 PM
i didnt know we were friends

Dude you're definitely mhubeny180sx. So we're not even close. Not even for a joke.

Damn people are really ready to jump on a Kouki for 8-10k? That's insane. Is it really just the enthusiasts that make them worth that much? Because honestly I couldn't justify buying one for that much.

Then you're just not that into it. Not like it's a bad thing...it just means you're not 'that guy' to spend that much. Every car company has their 'niche' car and people fall into it. If it's hard to find one of those cars then the dollar amount paid for a nice one will go up even if it's rocking a shitty KA.

driftsucky
10-27-2015, 10:51 PM
Only reason I don't have an s-chassis now is because when I sold my S13 (which I never should have done), I couldn't find another without JDMBUTSEKZDRIFTTAKZ and it was worse for an S14. Low mileage G35 coupe with leather heated seats, nav, roof, and brembos was around the same price and much more worth it to me. As much as I LOVE the s, I'll probably never own one again because of that though...unless I find a real come-up. I'm just defaulting to Z/G chassis. More bang for the buck to me.

silviaks2nr
10-28-2015, 10:09 AM
Dude you're definitely mhubeny180sx. So we're not even close. Not even for a joke.

I'm going with nitekids/garagemaks14