PDA

View Full Version : any comments on my new car audio purchases???

DamnedButDetermined
08-31-2004, 04:25 PM
JVC KDLH-300 Head Unit
http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL027149&pathId=54&page=1
http://store.yahoo.com/saveandmake/kdlh300.html $174 - shipped

Alpine SPR-176A Type-R component speakers $158 - shipped
http://iweb.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/item_info?p_item_name=SPR-176A&p_category=80&p_subcategory=90&p_main=10

I think these will suit my needs just fine and I think I found some pretty good prices on them as well. Please let me know if you have any experience with these products.

I am also in the market for a 12" subwoofer (maybe two), a 4 channel amp and a mono or two channel amp, so give me some ideas...

DbD

Ghettokracker71
08-31-2004, 04:36 PM
I don't like alpine products personally. Nice head unit though :)

I reccomend Memphis subs,and Lightning Audio wiring;power/ground,remote turn on lead,everything.

Eclipse ,Audiobahn ,Kicker ,JL Audio are all excellent too, of course.

s14srpilot
08-31-2004, 04:48 PM
Alpine SPR-176A Type-R component speakers $158 - shipped. That's a good price.

DamnedButDetermined
08-31-2004, 04:48 PM
could you possibly explain why you do not like Alpine products? I thought they were supposed to be an excellent brand!

zenki03
08-31-2004, 06:20 PM
Yea those type R's are gonna sound clean and clear. Personally i like Infinity products. I have Infinity perfect components and and Infinity coaxles up front along with one perfect 12...and its the best sounding system ive ever owned.

Ghettokracker71
08-31-2004, 06:35 PM
Alpine has a high quality product,no denying that. You did get a good price for those specific speakers; I feel other brands sound better and have higher quality.I don't like the idea of a product having a reputation of being the best,but other products being just as good and in some cases ,better. Makes me think of Hondas.... I have also noticted for the same,and higher wattage other brand subwoofers. I have 80 less watts to my 12's then my freind with dual Alpine (don't know type) and my S13 is louder,and hits harder.

Your system will sound nice,from what you have so far. I would reccomend Infinity speakers if your going to get a second set ( One set of nice componets has PLENTY of sound:)). I personally would also say to look into Memphis subwoofers. Best sounding systems I have ever heard ...(in order)

Army National Guard H1 Hummer- 4 Memphis Studio series 15" subwoofers,with 6 6" round coax's . JVC head unit,memphis amps.

Jeep Cherokee V8- Two Memphis HPO 12" subwoofers,with two sets of Memphis componet speakers,eclipse head unit and Phoenix gold wires/amps.

Nissan 200sx SE-R -two memphis studio series in bandpass box with sony amp,pioneer head unit,and lightning audio wires.

KA24DESOneThree
08-31-2004, 07:04 PM
Those Alpine type-Rs add seven-point-five wheel horsepower apiece.

DamnedButDetermined
08-31-2004, 08:05 PM
Those Alpine type-Rs add seven-point-five wheel horsepower apiece.

Damn I am getting two then :aw:

DamnedButDetermined
08-31-2004, 08:06 PM
Thanks for all the good replies. I didn't think bout memphis...I will have to look into it!

Oh by the way I am going for sound quality over spl.

Ritz S14
08-31-2004, 10:49 PM
Seems a bit odd to me that your seperates cost almost as much as your head unit. Alpne R series speakers are pretty damn good, had some 6x9 R's and loved them.

Some brands to consider. Percision Power(PPI), Pheonix Gold, Soundstream, Brax, MMats, A/D/S/, Kicker and MTX for price.

I had a MTX81000D mono amp 1000watts RMS, and man.. that is one mean amp for the price.
MTX6304 Pretty good 4 channel amp, but some fools stole it. 75x4
Kicker Impulse 4channel, pretty nice amp only 60x4
Just bought a PPI 4channel amp pcx-480 80x4..Should have it installed tomorrow, if UPS shows up.