PDA

View Full Version : The HISTORY OF ZILVIA/ Geopolitical Analysis of Silvia culture

Pages : [1] 2

kashira kureijii
10-07-2015, 11:31 AM
While it is relatively unknown when Zilvia was first founded, our anthropologists believe it to be sometime in the early 2000's possibly the year 2001. This early history is rampant with strife and contest, as can be examined by impartial analysis of old threads of the ancient early 2000's era. It is unknown who was king of Zilvia at this time, put subtle examination demonstrates it is difficult to know for certain.

Early Zilvia history appears to have been dominated by a few major figures, Agammenmon, Mr. Mesistopheles, Yuri, and a few others. These are key figures who we can see in the ancient beginning pages of the forums major threads.
Warnings like:
Don't shit up this thread !
Don't quote pics!
Don't post mediocre wheel fitment!
Etc
Seem to give premise to the idea that the culture of a majority of the people of zilvia hasn't changed, but rather the silvias themselves have.

Many of the original Zilvia members are long dead, and we must therefore be careful in our observations as a result, as they are not available for interview at this time.
Vital to the understanding of Zilvia history is the proper timeline of events and the observations of how Zilvia culture has changed over time.

Therefore, we can split Zilvia eras up into a concise timeline of events and cultures. Starting here

The Era of OEM aero, and 15' Aftermarket wheels 2001-2005
This era is characterized by sr20 swaps being literally the only element necessary for a "built vehicle" and the holders of said swapped cars being the nobles of the Zilvia hierarchy.

2001: Zilvia is born out of contention with rival forum NICOclub over the amount of shitty cars , and questions about turboing a mothers sentra.

2002: Zilvia becomes the capital of aftermarket Nissan car culture, though its early kings are unknown

2003: Zilvia grows, but growing migrants from rival NICOclub cause the need for the creation of an ideology called "noob flaming"
It is believed that the jester of the Zilvia court, username: Soapgun, is believed to have come into existence at this time

2004: The birth of kouki 180sx aero in the american market being the only acceptable aero for 240 hatchbacks hands down.

2005: the end of an era of relative peace and tranquility dominated by flourishing Tech Threads, and the overall foundation of vital Zilvia knowledge.

**There also appears to have been some members of zilvia who joined for 300zx reasons, but upon retrospect on how much these vehicles suck, appear to have died out by late 2005. **

The Era of Zilvia Enlightenment, 2006-2010

This era is characterized by the advent of what can be described as modern tuned Nissan Culture, and the belief in fully modified vehicles being that which should describe any proper 240, but this ideology was never fully oriented, even in the present day.
2006: Pepperoni nipples coilovers appear to have revolutionized the coilover market. Known for their superb stiffness, and excellent response to driver stimulation, these coilovers appear to have seen widespread use, with some Zilvia nobles being buried with or in them.

2007 Death of username Mr Mephistopheles:
The Zilvia noble, Mr Mephistopheles appears to have begun to die of in this era. After years of Zilvia ruling he appears to have died, either by the hands of rival yakuza members or by his own sileighty having negligence. he is never heard from again.

2008 Absorption of Yuri into the very fabric of Zilvia.net .
Username: yuri is believed to have succumbed to Zilvia forces sometime during 2008 ( or later, sources vary), and become a Ghost in the Zilvia Shell. He exists even now as an entity, spinning the very connections of Zilvia wiring, more wire than man.

2009 It is believed that several Zilvia factions have resolved their differences, and begun to work together for a new Zilvia order. This alliance broke down upon criticism by leading Zilvia nobles of each others cars.

2010 This year is unimportant, but a recollection of Zilvia culture can be had.
It would appear that a very large % of Zilvia nobles appear to be some sort of military entity, that have been living among Japanese people, adopting the ways of their car culture and dragging them back to the United states along with a new found obsession for black hair and hot thighs.

The era of boredom, and end of the nujabes listening early 2000's hegemony of Zilvia nobles 2011-2012

Nothing really happens in this era other than a few key events.
2011 The advent of a disease known as LS.
This disease is known to have claimed many a poor silvia, and the effects of this pestilence still appear today. By foolishly not stamping out this menace at its very beginning , the Zilvia nobles appear to have allowed it to fester, and become the GM fanboy pestilence you see today.

2012 The death of username: soapgun
Causes unknown

The beginning of the golden age, marked by the birth of username:kashira kureijii. 2013-present.
The new master of all Zilvia kind, but apparently not the japanese language, appears to have been born at this time. His name appears to by mistranslated by 16 year old japanese language skills, and is absolutely meaningless. He is unable to change it however, further marking his utter incompetence.

2013 Begginning of the kashira kureijii dynasty

2014 The world is cold and I have to much spare time/ am alone.

2015-present
It would appear that the sons of ancient Zilvia have become spoiled by their fathers newfound wealth, leading to a disease Zilvia biologist have named mhubeny180sx syndrome. It is unknown whether or no this will spread throughout Zilvia upon the production of more sons by original users, but it is a looming threat to all things good in the universe.

Yay Zilvia Yay! history changes and 40 minutes of spare time irrevocably lost

Initial Drift
10-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Beautiful.... just beautiful.

Didn't you forget about the time with the premie trolls deleting faqs, effectively stifling some of the growth of the up and coming 240sx owners?

I hope the mhubeny180sx syndrome comes to an end real fast.......

5280VertDET
10-07-2015, 11:58 AM
2015-present
It would appear that the sons of ancient Zilvia have become spoiled by their fathers newfound wealth, leading to a disease Zilvia biologist have named mhubeny180sx syndrome.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/lol/hawkings-lol.gif

Gingersmurf
10-07-2015, 12:27 PM
^ Perfect Gif

collegekid
10-07-2015, 12:39 PM
and now we know

K_style
10-07-2015, 12:43 PM
https://exopermaculture.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/live-long-and-prosper-tee-shirt-cbs114b.jpg?w=343

KA24DESOneThree
10-07-2015, 12:52 PM
OP, you were 8 (maybe 7) when I joined.

I lived through the history you read. I remember when all the drifters were sparkly.

kashira kureijii
10-07-2015, 01:46 PM
just kinda think its funny when I read all the old threads lolz
fun to imagine the old school silvia history, to becoming what they are today.
I obviously was not a part of this, and is was meant more has a funny view into what you can discern about Zilvia from its old threads

S14kouki805
10-07-2015, 02:09 PM
Good read LMAO

ZenkiKid
10-07-2015, 03:07 PM
Dude you were only like 9 when I joined zilvia.

I too have lived through most of it too and it was the good old days.

I miss when the tech section was more lively. Oh well thats what NRR is for now.

dsastr_clan
10-07-2015, 03:18 PM
i dont know if you guys remember, but Zilvia went through dark times, when the forum format allowed you to like posts just like FB does, it was brief but it happened. The horrors, we were pretty close to become like them

ManoNegra
10-07-2015, 03:20 PM
Cute thread but not really factual.
Zilvia started in the early 2000s
a forum update wiped a lot of accounts and some of the true OGs started afresh.
The capital of the 240 Empire was really freshalloy - this is where the first wave of tech knowledge came from
When freshalloy went full Nico many (myself included) migrated over
I would characterize the eras as:
2001 - 2004: social days, quality meets, tech days, driftdays, stock drifting, figuring out the SR swap
2004 - 2006: the golden era, quality builds, D1 invasion, bandwagon left the station, rep system
2006 - 2010: Version Select and Stance opened the gates on the flood of rebranded products, bandwagon on full swing, demise of the golden unmolested cheap 240s, mentality of "it's ok to use cheap/no brand name parts because of drift car", OGs start to move on
2010 - on: the missile era, balling on a budget

MakotoS13, Mercer, Viceroy, RDM, ixfi, Chewbacca, Udon, Nemesis, Jack, Aaron, Pink Godzira, Mark and West posts, and a few that escape me at this time....
you don't jack about zilvia history if you don't know these names and the lore behind them

kashira kureijii
10-07-2015, 03:52 PM
Cute thread

I agree, I am cute
haha old guards
thanks for the tech info

TheRealSy90
10-07-2015, 05:18 PM
BHWolrd

that is all.

Jtuned_andy
10-07-2015, 06:56 PM
I miss the old days, things sure have changed

deolio
10-07-2015, 07:11 PM
what is this is what

!Zar!
10-08-2015, 02:14 AM
This thread is missing so much info.

How is someone who's been on this forum for barely two years talking about its history?

That's like a Korean trying to teach Japanese history.

Also there has been no mention of the mailing list which preceeded Zilvia.net

exitspeed
10-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Yeh if we're talking about Zilvia as a forum specifically, there's a lot missing. The Premium Member section was a whole different world years and years and years ago. It ultimately died when the Rep System died. There's still disagreements on whether that was a good thing or not. That'll never be decided. But as the person with the second highest rep on the site (I was pretty fucking useless later on when it came to 240's but I kept the OT area filled with car threads and other pop culture stuff, some still going today). The rep system was really a reward system for activity, 240 related or otherwise. I pretty much say it as a fun game to be played that kept me busy at work.

I am still FB friends with many old school members. One I regularly text (he happened to be the the Rep LEADER. lol) even though we've never met and he lives across the country.

Ah them were the days.

kashira kureijii
10-08-2015, 11:53 AM
This thread is missing so much info.

How is someone who's been on this forum for barely two years talking about its history?

That's like a Korean trying to teach Japanese history.

Also there has been no mention of the mailing list which preceeded Zilvia.net

It was sorta a joke, most of the info I put was bullshit, I obviously don't know what happened back then,
my goal was to get a bunch of OG's to talk about the old days of Zilvia, because it is interesting to me.

Future240
10-08-2015, 12:25 PM
Yeh if we're talking about Zilvia as a forum specifically, there's a lot missing. The Premium Member section was a whole different world years and years and years ago. It ultimately died when the Rep System died. There's still disagreements on whether that was a good thing or not. That'll never be decided. But as the person with the second highest rep on the site (I was pretty fucking useless later on when it came to 240's but I kept the OT area filled with car threads and other pop culture stuff, some still going today). The rep system was really a reward system for activity, 240 related or otherwise. I pretty much say it as a fun game to be played that kept me busy at work.

I am still FB friends with many old school members. One I regularly text (he happened to be the the Rep LEADER. lol) even though we've never met and he lives across the country.

Ah them were the days.

Nothing felt as good as when you logged in and saw your rep score had increased for a post you made. I agree it made the content better as people actually tried instead of the *post pic of XXX* threads we have now.

You kept OT popping back in those days man. The transformers thread (I remember you and stiizy ran that thread), the thread of the dead, the 2011 240sx thread (now renamed to just to the future rwd coupes thread for you newbies) just to name a few classic ones, plus countless marvel universe and other movei threads.

LoneStarSilvia
10-08-2015, 12:41 PM
Nothing felt as good as when you logged in and saw your rep score had increased for a post you made. I agree it made the content better as people actually tried instead of the *post pic of XXX* threads we have now.

You kept OT popping back in those days man. The transformers thread (I remember you and stiizy ran that thread), the thread of the dead, the 2011 240sx thread (now renamed to just to the future rwd coupes thread for you newbies) just to name a few classic ones, plus countless marvel universe and other movei threads.

I must say those OT threads mentioned above keep me checking in for new content daily. Good stuff!

enkei2k
10-08-2015, 04:56 PM
MakotoS13, Mercer, Viceroy, RDM, ixfi, Chewbacca, Udon, Nemesis, Jack, Aaron, Pink Godzira, Mark and West posts, and a few that escape me at this time....
you don't jack about zilvia history if you don't know these names and the lore behind them

BHWolrd

that is all.

yes yes yes yes yes

!Zar!
10-08-2015, 08:54 PM
Wow. I just rememberd Chewbacca. That was funny as fuck.

Banana_Cute
10-08-2015, 09:20 PM
Why is S13Teddy not mention or his Mulsanne crew..

Good ol' Zilvia back in the days.

Matej
10-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Thou must affectionately recall the eve of the Chmercer Revolution, when all the provincials without lavish wheels and deluxe ride height were lined up in the town square and shamed to their demise.

RurouniMidnight
10-08-2015, 10:42 PM
Thou must affectionately recall the eve of the Chmercer Revolution, when all the provincials without lavish wheels and deluxe ride height were lined up in the town square and shamed to their demise.

Was just about to say, what about Viceroy T-shirts? Lolol
Man cant believe its 2015 :eek:

MikeisNissan
10-09-2015, 01:38 AM
S13silviagirl threads were fun.

Phlip
10-09-2015, 07:46 PM

That guy sounds pretty damned cool.

I do find it hilarious how someone who was in first grade when I joined here thinks he knows or remembers what the real history is. He failed to mention when Barry and I became Moderators, then Admins.
No one believes you!

ThatGuy
10-09-2015, 08:14 PM
Fucking children these days. Clueless little shit.

Agamemnon
10-09-2015, 08:47 PM
My name was misspelled.

drift freaq
10-09-2015, 08:55 PM
Ya this shit is funny seeing as I have been here since nov 2001. I was here before Kevin aka mrmeph joined. We knew each other from Socal240 and FA. Kevin joined a year or two later and then became a mod. Now he is admin.

kashira kureijii
10-09-2015, 09:50 PM
My name was misspelled.

You'll have to take that up with spell check, I as a millennial can't be held accountable 4 my actions

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag23/neko-romancer95/k-on%20gif_zpsdmokyn01.gif (http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/neko-romancer95/media/k-on%20gif_zpsdmokyn01.gif.html)

kashira kureijii
10-09-2015, 10:00 PM
Fucking children these days. Clueless little shit.
I want you all to know that............the killer was me all along muhaha

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag23/neko-romancer95/detective%20kawaii_zpschlfakre.jpg (http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/neko-romancer95/media/detective%20kawaii_zpschlfakre.jpg.html)

I guess this was worth it .......cuz i got to meet all the admins????

Go ahead admins lock it!
Lock it like the threads of old

simmode1
10-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Holy shit, look at all these big wigs up in here!

!Zar!
10-09-2015, 10:28 PM
All this talk and not one mention of RJF nor West.

Sad.

EDacIouSX
10-09-2015, 10:42 PM
Why is S13Teddy not mention or his Mulsanne crew..

Good ol' Zilvia back in the days.

I snuck that v8 sucks sign in for teddy, was working the sonic motor booth that year lol.

but man, i really miss the old days. it was so fun hanging out back then

!Zar!
10-09-2015, 11:12 PM
Back when Teddy cared about cars.

Mister.E
10-10-2015, 12:03 AM
Holy shit, as lame as this thread is, it brought out some posts from accounts that i haven't seen in a while. Bravo.

exitspeed
10-10-2015, 08:24 AM
All this talk and not one mention of RJF nor West.

Sad.

That is pretty sad. :-/

ThatGuy
10-10-2015, 08:29 AM
West was actually mentioned twice, as both Mark and West.

Failing to mention RJF is un-excusable though. Without Bob, Zilvia would never have survived financially. He has done so much behind the scenes, on top of actively working within the forum.

kashira kureijii
10-10-2015, 10:31 AM
Holy shit, look at all these big wigs up in here!

I know right? there are Zilvia patricians everywhere

Chernobyl
10-10-2015, 10:49 AM
This thread is making me sentimental thinking back 10-12 years ago.

theronin
10-10-2015, 11:25 PM
Man I really miss Freshalloy. Didn't realize I've been on this site for so long....

Malik
10-11-2015, 11:31 PM
We had the likes for about a week or two.. that was cool

I miss my old screen name kalypso123

s13poop
10-12-2015, 12:18 PM
lol I remember Yuri and the epic coupe that slid into a barn and never came back.

no one ever mentioned those viceroy guys tho haha

DataXUnknown
10-12-2015, 03:15 PM
I've been lurking around for the past week or so. I went MIA around 2010 when I got a "serious girlfriend" whom 4 years later cheated on me with her ex, soooooo here I am lol.

I had Yuri's wheels, he told me they were like super rare, they were ugly and didn't sell though. ThatGuy, shit there he is, in broad daylight, I always used to wanna be like him. Every post I saw was like, man he is so cool. Anyone socal guys remember the premium member meetup? Or the ZOMGBBQ's? I think I'm going to lurk some more in the shadows. I gotta change my damn sig and av though haha

Reece
10-12-2015, 05:04 PM
Kid zelda?

tacotacotaco
10-12-2015, 05:21 PM
I think you missed the great REP wars of 2007

Also when premies were able to change their user name and i went from Kndacomplx to tacoburritoconcarneensaladaaaaaaa and got shafted with tacotacotaco because my name was to long and fucked the format.

What about the great Chewbacca burn thread that was wiped from history

theronin
10-12-2015, 05:23 PM
R.I.P. Hot girls thread

!Zar!
10-12-2015, 09:28 PM
Or back in the day when being a premium member meant something...

Mister.E
10-12-2015, 09:29 PM

Seriously. Once i went black, i'll never go back

ManoNegra
10-13-2015, 10:04 AM
West was actually mentioned twice, as both Mark and West.

It was a spur of the moment post, I couldn't remember his handle since I been gone for a while.

Man I really miss Freshalloy. Didn't realize I've been on this site for so long....

I miss the quality tech discussions back then
the Sentra vs 240sx "kills" threads were hilarious
Russ at the height of his powers roasting noobs...

Premie meet was cool, I was one of the organizers. I'm still e-friends with a lot of those guys.
What became the OMGBBQ meet starterd out as the "Official Socal DAYTIME" meet back in 2007. The idea was that a lot of S-chassis owners - due to obligations, work, family, etc. - couldn't make the typical night meets.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=148246

The party at Johnny's also needs to me mentioned as a pretty cool moment in zilvia history.

simmode1
10-13-2015, 11:38 AM
We had the likes for about a week or two.. that was cool

I miss my old screen name kalypso123

Dude! You're Kalypso!?! I was wondering where you went. All you guys with lost legendary screen names need to put them in your sigs...

TougeSR20Kid
10-13-2015, 02:55 PM
You got that bit about the first era being proliferated by flourishing tech threads right :s101:
Not a whole lot of that going on lately... I vote we try and get a renaissance of sorts going

And I did like that bit about the V8 plague lol good shit.
Mark my words real men drive I-6 turbos

simmode1
10-13-2015, 02:59 PM
p>Mark my words real men drive I-6 turbos

That's what I told my buddy who keeps insisting on TT'ing his VQ35HR. Talking about forged internals & shooting for 500hp... /facepalm

MADE
10-13-2015, 08:15 PM
In Japan there was a guy rolling around with a VQ35TT pushing 500 in a Gloria unforged. Possible for how long meh unknown.

Accurate or not I like the post bringing memories back. Although I log on occasionally it good to see something other than BOTs posting.

simmode1
10-14-2015, 10:08 AM
In Japan there was a guy rolling around with a VQ35TT pushing 500 in a Gloria unforged. Possible for how long meh unknown.
</p>
Yeah, it's pretty common amongst VQ enthusiasts. My point was (aside from creating what is sure to be one clusterfuck of an engine) that the HR didn't need forged internal to sustain 500hp. But he's one of those 'I hate forums' guys, so I'll let him figure it out on his own.

Future240
10-14-2015, 12:08 PM
HR didn't need forged internal to sustain 500hp. But he's one of those 'I hate forums' guys, so I'll let him figure it out on his own.

I did not know that. I thought VQ's hated boost. I kind of like the idea of a G37 pushing 500hp. I hate the vq sound though...........:down:

simmode1
10-14-2015, 02:53 PM
I did not know that. I thought VQ's hated boost. I kind of like the idea of a G37 pushing 500hp. I hate the vq sound though...........:down:

&quot;Hate boost&quot; is kinda relative... The general consensus is that DE's safe limit is at 400whp. Rev-ups @ 450whp. 3.5L HR's @ 500whp & 3.7L HR's @ 550hp. I dunno, I'm just not super impressed with that output when it's got soooo much more displacement over an SR or over competitive 4 bangers. Plus, I wouldn't wanna recreate a Z32TT-like nightmare of an engine bay. N/A VQ's are nice. Boosted? I guess a supercharged or single turbo rear-mounted setup might not be too bad, but I just think there are better options available. I4 or I6 turbos for me.

DrftKingIII
10-16-2015, 08:54 PM
I remember meeting you and Fintel at a local event, had to have been 05 or 06. Stockbody, pignose, red paint if I recall correctly.

So much missing in here. This thread makes me feel old.

yokotas13
10-21-2015, 10:55 AM
Wow. I just rememberd Chewbacca. That was funny as fuck.

means you are one of the old ones.

welcome brother
lulz

Was just about to say, what about Viceroy T-shirts? Lolol
Man cant believe its 2015 :eek:

the spraypainted awesomeness

Malik
10-21-2015, 03:57 PM
Dude! You're Kalypso!?! I was wondering where you went. All you guys with lost legendary screen names need to put them in your sigs...

yup its me, im right here.

I'll put it in my sig. I got locked out when I changed emails.

I might change my screen name to kalypso456 it only costs 5 bux

exitspeed
10-21-2015, 06:40 PM
The screen name switch really sucked. It was sort of fine at the time because we were all ousting so often we knew who was who, but now years later I don't know most of the people that switched names that I communicated with so often on here.

cc4usmc
10-21-2015, 09:50 PM
I've still got a Zilvia monkey sticker in the envelope in came in. Don't remember if they were sold by the forum or a member, but it's postmarked 2006.

Malik
10-21-2015, 10:22 PM
The screen name switch really sucked. It was sort of fine at the time because we were all ousting so often we knew who was who, but now years later I don't know most of the people that switched names that I communicated with so often on here.

some of them just leave... I miss soapgun and his cool ass blog

I left nico to come to zilvia and havent been back since. i know people looked for me for a little while. I had well over 7000 posts.

simmode1
10-22-2015, 09:42 AM
I left nico to come to zilvia and havent been back since. i know people looked for me for a little while. I had well over 7000 posts.

Ditto. I'm pretty sure I left Nico soon after you. I lurk over there every now & then to see how things are going, but it just hurts my head.

kashira kureijii
10-22-2015, 11:53 AM
some of them just leave... I miss soapgun and his cool ass blog

Damn, I was under the impression from all the old threads that Almighty SO is Soapgun, I did a lot of soapgun bashing because I thought they were the same person,
Almighty SO and SOapgun are very similar names, I had just figured this soapgun fellow had reached his post limit or lost his name, and renamed himself Almighty SO.
Shows how much bullshit I don't know
Sorry Zilvia, feel free to fire me from my job as Zilvia historian

I'm a terrible historical detective, so I'll go back and edit that out

exitspeed
10-22-2015, 12:31 PM
I've still got a Zilvia monkey sticker in the envelope in came in. Don't remember if they were sold by the forum or a member, but it's postmarked 2006.

I still have my Zilvia bottle opener that RJF sent me as a thank you for being a moderator. It's used constantly.

ILoveJDM
10-22-2015, 08:40 PM
Didnt see anything in here about NITEKIDS

Almighty So
10-22-2015, 09:21 PM
Damn, I was under the impression from all the old threads that Almighty SO is Soapgun, I did a lot of soapgun bashing because I thought they were the same person,
Almighty SO and SOapgun are very similar names, I had just figured this soapgun fellow had reached his post limit or lost his name, and renamed himself Almighty SO.
Shows how much bullshit I don't know
Sorry Zilvia, feel free to fire me from my job as Zilvia historian

I'm a terrible historical detective, so I'll go back and edit that out

this is awesome
didn't start lurking til 08-09 though :hide:

Malik
10-22-2015, 10:32 PM
Ditto. I'm pretty sure I left Nico soon after you. I lurk over there every now & then to see how things are going, but it just hurts my head.

there's just no sense of style on nico... I rarely ever saw a car that actually looked good.

the tech articles are well organised but thats about it.

babyjesus
10-23-2015, 12:20 AM
2006-2009

Bardabe
team mulsanne
ZOMG BBQ
Teddy Dahn
Driftfreak Dave
Icedsole
anything Risky Devil
cool car blogs like Auto-ataku
phase2motortrendlkgasdfluheauhckjsdcnnashcloasdjca sodifh

missing a ton of stuff

Malik
10-23-2015, 11:57 AM
Risky Devil ran the show for a while that was a great era of zilvia

simmode1
10-23-2015, 06:54 PM
Risky Devil ran the show for a while that was a great era of zilvia
You make it sound past tense... Aren't they the main driving force behind Final Bout?

Almighty So
10-23-2015, 08:14 PM
^you're thinking of proceed

not to say RD isn't relevant

ALTRNTV
10-23-2015, 08:24 PM
Wow... all the OG's were brought back. How I miss Rep Club.

I haven't had an s-chassis since 2008, but I always check Zilvia at least 3x a week, mostly for the OT stuff.

I dunno if you guys remember me, but I was AkademikONE before.

theronin
10-23-2015, 08:30 PM

I haven't had an s-chassis since 2008, but I always check Zilvia at least 3x a week, mostly for the OT stuff.

For what it's worth, I remember you bro. :brofist:

exitspeed
10-24-2015, 07:14 AM

Yeah I definitely remember you as well.

ALTRNTV
10-24-2015, 03:16 PM
For what it's worth, I remember you bro. :brofist:

Yeah I definitely remember you as well.

:2f2f:

Where's PHLIP? revat619? sochbat? Inland180?

theronin
10-24-2015, 03:18 PM
Where's Russ???? Dude helped me out with my stupid questions all the time. Miss the old grump

Malik
10-24-2015, 05:00 PM
You make it sound past tense... Aren't they the main driving force behind Final Bout?

I guess you're right... i dont keep up to date.

Risky devil turned into junkhouse from what I remember, not sure if they still even use that name anymore.

Malik
10-24-2015, 06:41 PM

ya i remember :)

!Zar!
10-26-2015, 02:20 PM
Oh, I remember that SN.

I guess you're right... i dont keep up to date.

Risky devil turned into junkhouse from what I remember, not sure if they still even use that name anymore.

RD is still around. RD won Final Bout2.

Some of the old RD people are in Proceed.

drift freaq
10-27-2015, 12:18 PM
2006-2009

Bardabe
team mulsanne
ZOMG BBQ
Teddy Dahn
Driftfreak Dave
Icedsole
anything Risky Devil

missing a ton of stuff

Shit 2006-2009? I have been here since 01 and ya he sucks at his history, he puts newer knowns up higher than a lot of the older well knowns.
Which were all the foundation people, there are a lot of SN's he has missed.

Dave

Malik
10-28-2015, 01:49 PM
RD is still around. RD won Final Bout2.

Some of the old RD people are in Proceed.

I like the vinyl these guys use...

http://image.superstreetonline.com/f/86709595+w+h+q80+re0+cr1+ar0+st0/team-proceed-08

yokotas13
10-29-2015, 08:29 AM
Shit 2006-2009? I have been here since 01 and ya he sucks at his history, he puts newer knowns up higher than a lot of the older well knowns.

Dave

IKR

I supplied the forums big wheel market for like 4 years lol.

IIIXziuR
10-29-2015, 08:47 AM
Grant held it all down with the rims.
I was there. I remember

chris_240sx
10-29-2015, 08:56 AM
So many old heads in here. It's nice seeing all these old screen names, and I'm relatively new. I don't think I've seen a post from ThatGuy in years.

240meowth
11-02-2015, 05:21 PM
Hello world, I'm new here. What's going on :3

kashira kureijii
11-02-2015, 05:31 PM

This OG wins the screen name game

All these dudes be returning to the zilvia dimensional plane

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag23/neko-romancer95/tumblr_mi3lunlDQb1rgsp82o1_500_zpsribabpkx.gif (http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/neko-romancer95/media/tumblr_mi3lunlDQb1rgsp82o1_500_zpsribabpkx.gif.htm l)

Please continue to come out of the wood work OG's its kinda awesome

240meowth
11-02-2015, 05:39 PM
I just got bored today and signed on randomly, my s13 is sitting on the driveway with a blown CA18. And another CA18 is in front of it but I'm not bored enough to swap it.

Which one of you old people is coming to Torrance to do an engine swap? Free beer.

MrMigs
11-02-2015, 08:13 PM
Brb on my way to torrance now

Matej
11-02-2015, 08:40 PM
I remember meeting you and Fintel at a local event, had to have been 05 or 06. Stockbody, pignose, red paint if I recall correctly.
Surprised you remember the car. That was pretty much my first time 'drifting.' Does Midnight Madness still exist?
I had another account on here from 2005 but I stopped using it because the name was something really cheesy, probably along the lines of xX240sx4lyfeXx.

-Edit-
Found the video. How embarrassing. :)
BfZZtZdMpmM

Corbic
11-02-2015, 09:28 PM

Yeah, the Missile Era is over as we enter the Chinese Spam Bot Era.

Until that non-sense is fixed I won't renew.

CrimsonRockett
11-02-2015, 09:33 PM
IKR

I supplied the forums big wheel market for like 4 years lol.

Remember when you flew Mike out to paint your Y33?

:tardrim:

Corbic
11-02-2015, 09:36 PM
I dunno, I'm just not super impressed with that output when it's got soooo much more displacement over an SR or over competitive 4 bangers.

The displacement is not the issue. It's the weak ass internals and head gaskets.

These are engines built for Altimas, Nissan never intended to have them see boost. It's a bean counters dream.

Strong factory guts is what makes legendary engines like the 4G63, 2JZ and LS-family.

Rusker
11-02-2015, 11:30 PM
I was never very active on Zilvia as I was on other local/240 boards, but it was always a great resource for tech information. Glad to see some of the OGs are still around.

Whatever happened to the rep system? No chance of that ever making a comeback?

s13poop
11-03-2015, 12:19 AM

Yeesh I remember that -__-

Grant always held it down he got me my first Silvia steering wheel :2f2f:

MrMigs
11-03-2015, 01:44 AM
Here's another super old thing
hp9l-Y9j_1o

Also

Kid zelda?

-I believe his sn was something like kidzeldadapimp.
-Also, there was Coolero, and *dun dun dunnnn* Nitekids :D
-Falken Brandon with the Silvermoss S14
-Alex Chang/Chan (eh?) with his white S13
-When drifting at the balcony (willow springs) first started and was cool, before the expansion of the track
-Also when Drifting Pretty was ultra popular and probably 90% of all the posters here from SoCal were also posters on their forum.
-Also FN01R-C wheels, iirc one of the first cheapest cast wheels with good offset that almost everyone had a set of at one point
-When Horse Thief Mile was first built and you had to be of a certain skill level before being allowed there
-When Mr. Mephistopheles spotted me at one of the earlier Drift Days lol
-Jspec.com and Sam being super popular for importing cool stuff
-Kei importing stuff from Yahoo Auctions Japan into SoCal and ppl having to wait months upon months and having to deal with "scandals" or whatever
-pink godzira before they painted their cars silver in danny's garage
-Land Ho
-Knight Stalkers
-When cars with Drift Alliance stickers first started getting noticed
-The Wheel Supply being one of the premier spots for used tires and hanging out with other drift pplz before attending a Drift Day
-Ken Gushi trying to qualify for D1GP in USA with a champaign s13 coupe before he went pro
-When G Dimension was a popular shop
-When Signal Auto was a popular shop
-Chris Forsburg competing in a 350Z with SR in it because people didn't know how to tune VQ yet
-When people used to post cruises / runs and it was cool

I don't remember the exact "eras" of those things though, lol. Probably something like 2001-2003
Biased to SoCal i know... and I know it's not all forum related; some random history stuff nonetheless.

Corbic
11-03-2015, 08:39 AM
http://www.protomotoring.com

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/03/20/report-u-s-skyline-importer-motorex-shuttered-owner-jailed-on/

Heavy-Throttle

http://www.heavythrottle.com/tech-info/engine/sr20det-shims-and-guides/

J-HOT, I think they eventually became Dallas Imports.

Who was the guy in Georgia?

Is Venus Auto still around?

Endless wars about CA vs RB vs SR.

ALTRNTV
11-03-2015, 12:39 PM
s13poop!

My boy Ernie!

simmode1
11-03-2015, 03:47 PM
The displacement is not the issue. It's the weak ass internals and head gaskets.

These are engines built for Altimas, Nissan never intended to have them see boost. It's a bean counters dream.

Strong factory guts is what makes legendary engines like the 4G63, 2JZ and LS-family.

Bingo. Precisely why I've never been impressed with any VQ engine. Weak factory guts with all that displacement is such a let down. I will admit to being very curious about the VQ30DET though.

ZenkiKid
11-03-2015, 05:26 PM

I remember that. Wasnt there a blogpost about it too?

drift freaq
11-03-2015, 05:50 PM
Bingo. Precisely why I've never been impressed with any VQ engine. Weak factory guts with all that displacement is such a let down. I will admit to being very curious about the VQ30DET though.

Actually the internals on the HR were and are quit stout. It's a lot different than previous gen VQ's.
It's pretty much a redesign with Turbocharing in mind.

Plus honestly DE VQ's were very sturdy engines in NA form the just were not built for turbocharging. I have done the research years ago.

Oh and just for the KA naysayers . Fuck the KA is actually not that weak internally it came with piston oil squirters stock. Something you only see usually on a turbo engine like the SR. Also the head on the DE happens to flow quite well. I should also add that all stock headgasket are weak and fact is with a good headgasket and proper fuel tune KA's can hold up well to Turbocharging.

Oh no blasphemy he is dispelling common myths about KA's like they were truck engines when actually they came out in Cars before Nissan ever stuck them in a truck.

Ya if we are going to go old school lets get real up in here with once again dispelling old school myths that were dispelled long ago by the likes of T.Y. and Robthe Chef who ran Turbo KA's or how about our own Sil13sx aka Jon H who autocrosses a Turbo KA and has for years!

how's that for throwing it down old school! lol

Corbic
11-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Oh and just to call Corbic out on his BS . Fuck the KA is actually not that weak internally it came with piston oil squirters stock. Something you only see usually on a turbo engine like the SR. l!

When did I knock the KA? My first built engine was a KA24DE.

Mustang 5.0 has piston oil squirters.... ZING

Agamemnon
11-03-2015, 10:10 PM
Who was the guy in Georgia?

RareTrick.com

Corbic
11-04-2015, 05:35 AM
RareTrick.com

Nope, I remember now.

Jarco

Used to have cleanest half cuts

exitspeed
11-04-2015, 05:45 AM
RareTrick.com

I wasted soooooo much time browsing that website.

Besides the OT section I still constantly browse the cars for sale section. There's some good deals out there.

drift freaq
11-04-2015, 11:51 AM
When did I knock the KA? My first built engine was a KA24DE.

Mustang 5.0 has piston oil squirters.... ZING

Excuse me for misconstrued actions,edited now.I thought you were talking about the KA in simmodes quote of you.

Oh and good one on the Stang. I seriously so want to like the new 2015-2016 Mustang but damn Ford that fucking tall hood front end just throws it off great headlight,girl design but damn just to tall . The rest of the car looks great.
Kinda like what GM managed to with the rear of newest Vette. Come on Detriot so close yet so classic fumble.

I remember Raretrick hehehehehe.

Matej
11-04-2015, 12:54 PM
Here's another super old thing
hp9l-Y9j_1o
Seeing a drift event where all the cars appear decently-kept and near-stock-looking is so much cooler than the vehicular atrocities seen at events now. Years ago I would think this was lame because all drift cars are supposed to be low with cool wheels and aero, and while I do still enjoy cool-looking cars, today I would take the stock body with lowering springs look over 99% of modded S-chassis that have aftermarket parts thoughtlessly added to them just for the sake of having aftermarket parts.

simmode1
11-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Actually the internals on the HR were and are quit stout. It's a lot different than previous gen VQ's.
It's pretty much a redesign with Turbocharing in mind.

Plus honestly DE VQ's were very sturdy engines in NA form the just were not built for turbocharging. I have done the research years ago.

</p>
I know the HR is stout in comparison to the DE's, but I'm still not impressed by their output under boost. But I dunno... Comparing it to the much smaller and vastly more efficient F20C is probably warping my perspective. 500hp (HR) isn't bad at all really. But when I think that that is the limit of a modern 3.5L... Meh.

ZenkiKid
11-04-2015, 04:44 PM
Wait... when did raretrick go down?

I remember he had a set of grenade gx-01s up for sale for the longest time and i kept going back and fourth on pulling the trigger on getting them.

Corbic
11-04-2015, 05:06 PM
I know the HR is stout in comparison to the DE's, but I'm still not impressed by their output under boost. But I dunno... Comparing it to the much smaller and vastly more efficient F20C is probably warping my perspective. 500hp (HR) isn't bad at all really. But when I think that that is the limit of a modern 3.5L... Meh.

Once again, that is not "the limit". That is the limit of the stock rods and pistons.

As DrifFreaq said, the heads flow amazingly and the engine is stupid light.

It's not like they bust rockers, drop IMS bearings, suffer from porosity, core shifts or split blocks.

F20C blows in comparison to the K24. Yes, a few guys made 500hp on a F20C, many more have popped them at far less too.

Your also comparing a Mini-Van engine to a highly developed and specialized performance engine from one of the greatest engine makers of all time.

One of the reasons the old 90's turbo engine are so well built was because of the computer technology back then. Manufactures relied on simple fuel tuning and primitive reliability calculating software.

It's much easier today to determine minimal strength requirements in order to reduce cost and weight. You no longer need massive rods, iron blocks and all that other crap.

Manufacturers are plenty capable of over buildings engines when they want, just look at the LS, VR and Hemis.

The new Ford 5.0 is actually a modernized 4.6. Similar crank, same fucking rods. Ford pulled an ass ton of weight out of it, made a lighter block that is just as strong as the once grossly expensive Teksid (aka Ferrari) block and used actual rods this time instead of chicken bones.

End result, 4.6 2v/4v explodes at 400hp. 5.0's have seen 600-650hp. Rods once again being the limiter. The old FSB 302 would split in half at 400hp.

I've also see piles of 2Js with spun bearings at 500hp.

For every max power champ their is likely a dozen guys with popped motors.

BOROSUN
11-06-2015, 04:19 PM
I'm still rockin weldlocd

Marcus
11-06-2015, 06:55 PM
Dude you were only like 9 when I joined zilvia.

I do find it hilarious how someone who was in first grade when I joined here thinks he knows or remembers what the real history is.

Easy guys, this was probably his high school history report.

2006-2009

Bardabe
team mulsanne
ZOMG BBQ
Teddy Dahn
Driftfreak Dave
Icedsole
anything Risky Devil

missing a ton of stuff

Dang this is how i remember it

kashira kureijii
11-06-2015, 07:02 PM
Easy guys, this was probably his high school history report.

Nah bruh it wasn't, although in a way maybe it sorta was what I had wanted. I never went to high school (been in college since 14), so maybe deep down, I wanted to know what it felt like to write a shitty history report I dunno.

You don't need to defend me, I had no business making this, I don't know why I did. I had an hour to waste I guess. It is cool to see all of the old guard though, as everyone has said.

you should be happy I gave you guys a place to congregate other than the untouchable upper caste that is premium membership:naughty:

Marcus
11-06-2015, 11:00 PM
Hey bro it was a joke. Sorry.

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
11-07-2015, 12:45 AM
Cute thread but not really factual.
Zilvia started in the early 2000s
a forum update wiped a lot of accounts and some of the true OGs started afresh.
The capital of the 240 Empire was really freshalloy - this is where the first wave of tech knowledge came from
When freshalloy went full Nico many (myself included) migrated over
I would characterize the eras as:
2001 - 2004: social days, quality meets, tech days, driftdays, stock drifting, figuring out the SR swap
2004 - 2006: the golden era, quality builds, D1 invasion, bandwagon left the station, rep system
2006 - 2010: Version Select and Stance opened the gates on the flood of rebranded products, bandwagon on full swing, demise of the golden unmolested cheap 240s, mentality of "it's ok to use cheap/no brand name parts because of drift car", OGs start to move on
2010 - on: the missile era, balling on a budget

Here is a the truth right here.......these names read like a middle school yearbook! :2f2f:
Maybe some day I will become an og of the zilvia scene.......:kiss:

Frank_Jaeger
11-07-2015, 09:28 AM
Why come no one mentioned me yet. I was pretty pivotal. Without me none of this would be possible.

theronin
11-07-2015, 10:22 PM
The best was the epic flame wars that used to ensue when someone mentioned, strawberry face, sr20, RB swaps, sil80's, and knock off parts. Lol banhammers flying like crazy

exitspeed
11-09-2015, 06:08 AM
The best was the epic flame wars that used to ensue when someone mentioned, strawberry face, sr20, RB swaps, sil80's, and knock off parts. Lol banhammers flying like crazy

Yes, that and turning a newbies rep into 3 red dots with just a couple negative reps from some of us. Lol. It was needed from time to time. Silvia was not a nice place for new members back then, but if you made it through and didn't get negative ripped to death you were probably a better person for it. Hahaha

ehhhregartless
11-22-2015, 08:32 PM
This is a very entertaining thread. I was a victim of the ban hammer but decided to stick around in 09. Forum history threads always provide good content

burnsauto
11-29-2015, 09:17 AM
ah, we're all getting old. Sweet.
What I remember when I first joined...

-getting banned by Barry within my first 10 posts, lol
-Kevin and Lisa's Japan updates
-Buying my first S13 for 300 bucks in 04
-Buying an SR in person from Heavy Throttle
-When JDM parts were really only easily available in the JDM
-Calling up Yuri's house at wiring specialties to figure out problems, when it was JUST Yuri
-Stance didn't exist, the movement nor the company
-Formula D was fun
-Viceroy
-The Marketplace was crazy busy
-I had no idea what offset was, and didn't care
-S15 RB26 builds that were never finished
-FN's and MB's everywhere for the cheap wheels, Emo's and Equips for the guys who saved
-Disco potatos were the shit
-Builds were so much cleaner, didn't have to be wide/rocket/negativeoffset/GT30/Driftblablablablabla to have people like it

tricky_ab
11-29-2015, 05:50 PM

Holy crap, I totally remember that thread. Man, I was bummed when he started to part it out and sell off everything...

collegekid
11-29-2015, 09:10 PM
So like that one guy mentioned before,

no possibility of rep coming back?

Would be nice to know what the issue is. If it's money, difficulty, no one knows how to do it etc

12 years ago I was using permanent pen instead of eraseable.
I picked the honda civic instead of the ae86 and the 240sx because I thought popups looked ugly in NFS U2.
Some kid left a pokemon book in the library and I took that shit.
I used to like a girl named Kimberly and I went to poop in the bathroom and the name on the toilet paper cover said Kimberly-Clark and I thought that meant we were meant to be together forever.
Pretzels were 25 cents, Milk was 10 cents and ice cream was 50 cents.
My dad asked me to fill his car up with gas one time and I overfilled it and got gasoline all along the side of his car.

"Where you learn how to shoot like that?"
"Grand theft auto 3."
"Word? Can I borrow that?"
"Yeah you got a plastation 2?"
"Nah I got gamecast"
"Gamecast?....."

I rode my bike like 5 miles to the nearest gamestop to get Midnight club 2.
YugiOh
GunZ K style D style Maeit

collegekid
11-29-2015, 09:12 PM
And another thing, I had gold glasses in the 8th grade. Cant even see my face in the class photo because of the reflection.

That needed its own post

kashira kureijii
11-29-2015, 09:30 PM
So like that one guy mentioned before,

no possibility of rep coming back?

Would be nice to know what the issue is. If it's money, difficulty, no one knows how to do it etc

12 years ago I was using permanent pen instead of eraseable.
I picked the honda civic instead of the ae86 and the 240sx because I thought popups looked ugly in NFS U2.
Some kid left a pokemon book in the library and I took that shit.
I used to like a girl named Kimberly and I went to poop in the bathroom and the name on the toilet paper cover said Kimberly-Clark and I thought that meant we were meant to be together forever.
Pretzels were 25 cents, Milk was 10 cents and ice cream was 50 cents.
My dad asked me to fill his car up with gas one time and I overfilled it and got gasoline all along the side of his car.

"Where you learn how to shoot like that?"
"Grand theft auto 3."
"Word? Can I borrow that?"
"Yeah you got a plastation 2?"
"Nah I got gamecast"
"Gamecast?....."

I rode my bike like 5 miles to the nearest gamestop to get Midnight club 2.
YugiOh
GunZ K style D style Maeit

Heartwarming, just heartwarming
Though I don't think being a honda punk can be forgiven............ Luckily we can use it against u later.......
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag23/neko-romancer95/o2kdLnu_zpscserniyf.png (http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/neko-romancer95/media/o2kdLnu_zpscserniyf.png.html)

Also ps2 is lame and for hoodrats, gamecube childhood for the win!!

MrMigs
11-29-2015, 11:12 PM
^ u wot?

ps2 = Gran Turismo 3

= gran dorifuto 3

kashira kureijii
11-30-2015, 09:31 AM
^ u wot?

ps2 = Gran Turismo 3

= gran dorifuto 3

nah bruh
Gamecube= smash bros, pikmin, zelda,mario games, etc.

I didn't get into car racing games until forza 4

Forza 4=fujumi kaido=win

MrMigs
11-30-2015, 08:27 PM
ewww man... lol

tricky_ab
11-30-2015, 08:41 PM

Wait what? No... And this is coming from someone who owns a modded on to play Japanese games. GC had great games, just too few of them...

Corbic
12-01-2015, 01:28 PM
Heartwarming, just heartwarming

Let me guess, you had a Game Cube when you where 6 and loved it to death.

I recall all of 3 good games on the GC and maybe... Idk, 300 good ones for PS2.

As dominate as Console Gaming has become, they really don't seem to have the game variety and library that they once had.

ZenkiKid
12-01-2015, 01:46 PM

I remember that build thread. Guy pulled out all the stops too and just didnt finish it.

Corbic
12-01-2015, 01:50 PM
I remember that build thread. Guy pulled out all the stops too and just didnt finish it.

Han?

http://www.neweraimports.com/Nebusis/pictures/cars/1177310110324//pic1177311862049.jpg

kashira kureijii
12-01-2015, 01:54 PM
Let me guess, you had a Game Cube when you where 6 and loved it to death.

I recall all of 3 good games on the GC and maybe... Idk, 300 good ones for PS2.

As dominate as Console Gaming has become, they really don't seem to have the game variety and library that they once had.

Dude there was a shit ton of good games for GC
Mario sunshine/golf/baseball/tennis/kart, zelda windwaker and twighlight princess, pikmin 1 and 2, smash bros, that okami game I never played, the list goes on dude

What good games did ps2 ever have other than GTA and gran turismo? I can't remember any........the only good game my brother ever had for ps2 was GTA, and even then that game got pretty old once you got tired of playing "lets see who can get more stars"

To be honest though, I probably have played PC games a lot more than console games, even during childhood era.

regardless, this is has become nostalgia thread, so we should continue

RB25GUY
12-01-2015, 01:56 PM
nah bruh
Gamecube= smash bros, pikmin, zelda,mario games, etc.

I didn't get into car racing games until forza 4

Forza 4=fujumi kaido=win

I still play forza 4 constantly, refuse to buy any forza until they bring back fujimi kaido! As geeky as it sounds at one point we had a whole touge community on forza 4, a bunch of teams always online battling it out! we even did a hot verison tuner showdown race which was epic AF surprisingly i came in first with my nsx add me if you still play (K1NG914)

https://youtu.be/C1gvWBvbeTA

and this was a epic touge battle between a few buddies

https://youtu.be/YjDlAM27XmE

Interested check out http://tougeunion.forumotion.com/

Corbic
12-01-2015, 02:01 PM
Dude there was a shit ton of good games for GC

Mario sunshine/golf/baseball/tennis/kart, zelda windwaker and twighlight princess, pikmin 1 and 2, smash bros, that okami game I never played, the list goes on dude

So you are acknowledging you where like 5 or 6 then...

That's like have a kindergartner tell me The Disney Channel is better than HBO... he then justifies it by saying TDC has awesome shows like Hannah Montana and Wizards of Wavery Place.

kashira kureijii
12-01-2015, 02:26 PM
I still play forza 4 constantly, refuse to buy any forza until they bring back fujimi kaido! As geeky as it sounds at one point we had a whole touge community on forza 4, a bunch of teams always online battling it out! we even did a hot verison tuner showdown race which was epic AF surprisingly i came in first with my nsx add me if you still play (K1NG914)

https://youtu.be/C1gvWBvbeTA

and this was a epic touge battle between a few buddies

https://youtu.be/YjDlAM27XmE

Interested check out http://tougeunion.forumotion.com/

Don't have xbox live or whatever, I played it alone when it came with the xbox, but yes, I like memorized every turn and shit, racing against the ghost all the time,
I had like 5 different s13's and like 3 different 86's that I would dial in differently and try to out match each other.
My favorite car for that map was an s14 with a little power bump, seemed to be the most controllable, to high hp and all you'll do is crash lol

So you are acknowledging you where like 5 or 6 then...

That's like have a kindergartner tell me The Disney Channel is better than HBO... he then justifies it by saying TDC has awesome shows like Hannah Montana and Wizards of Wavery Place.

Whatever man, I doubt you could name all 300 great ps2 games or whatever, what you think is good is entirely subjective.
Each of those games is worth like 50 no name ps2 games a piece. I doubtyou have ever played any of them, and what other games did ps2 have other than freaking gta and gran turismo that are famous?? I doubt you could name some that are comparable in awesomeness to GC games you ps2 playing serf!
:rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2:: rant2::rant2:
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag23/neko-romancer95/cadffcd1-8426-4256-8236-4fbc97fe8cc7_zpsa0xigy3g.png (http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/neko-romancer95/media/cadffcd1-8426-4256-8236-4fbc97fe8cc7_zpsa0xigy3g.png.html)

theronin
12-01-2015, 02:32 PM
I can't believe this thread turned into a GC vs PS2 battle. PS2 had God of War there is no debate.

Corbic
12-01-2015, 05:37 PM
I can't believe this thread turned into a GC vs PS2 battle. PS2 had God of War there is no debate.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?p=5983757#post5983757

collegekid
12-01-2015, 07:40 PM
Out of all the shit that I said in my post, you guys picked up on the Malibu's most wanted quote and started some video game debate.

Nothing about Kimberly clark. My fucking name isnt even CLARK!

No one asked to see the yellow orb covering my face in the class photo.

Nothing about my badassery in using permanent pen in the 4th grade when we werent allowed.

Homeboys straight up went to
"What if zelda was a girl?"
"I had a gold edition gamecube but I let my cousin borrow it and then he moved to Thailand"
"I miss those nights when all my friends slept over my house and wanked each other off while we played smash bros and ate the entire variety pack of doritos and the entire case of Yoohoo. Then they all got girlfriends except me! Frowny Face!"

ZenkiKid
12-02-2015, 04:17 PM
Whatever happened to RedSquare?

I remember that dude used to brag about how much money he made and how much he spent on his "No GT No care" S14

S14kouki805
12-02-2015, 04:50 PM

That sticker is the shit

S14kouki805
12-02-2015, 05:08 PM
Not exactly Zilvia history but since we're being nostalgic here goes:

I remember my first drift event, it was the D1GP at Irwindale 2004 when all of the JGTC cars came from Japan, I believe they called it GTLive, 2 days worth of drifting racing and car show. It was a hell of an experience, I got to see all of my favorite Gran Turismo cars (I've been playing since the original on PS1) NSX, Supra, FD RX-7, Silvias, Skylines etc. They even had the Benihana Viper driven by DK. I got pictures with Team Orange driver Kumakubo.

I beleive this may have been when they came up with the "one more time" rule for drifiting events. I also remember BFGoodrich had a ride and drive sponsored along with Nissan. I was in line hoping to get the 350Z and got a shitty as Sentra SE-R, I was banging the red line all crazy haha. Some guy got thrown out for trying to drift the 350.

Ah good times

Yuri
12-03-2015, 12:32 PM
This thread is turning into a Mt. Olympus of Zilvian demigods.

Some blasts from the past: (edited to protect the innocent.)
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Yurikaze/chewbaccasmall_zpsmrqnyrwv.jpg (http://s22.photobucket.com/user/Yurikaze/media/chewbaccasmall_zpsmrqnyrwv.jpg.html)
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Yurikaze/BANNEMEGUERO.jpg (http://s22.photobucket.com/user/Yurikaze/media/BANNEMEGUERO.jpg.html)

Also, I never did any wiring. Wiring specialties Yuri is a different entity altogether.
So please stop sending me requests to do your harnesses. Thank you.

kashira kureijii
12-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Also, I never did any wiring. Wiring specialties Yuri is a different entity altogether.
So please stop sending me requests to do your harnesses. Thank you.

Not the same yuri? GTFO
And correct all that shit in the first post that that dipshit wrote

To suggest that there is more than 1 person in the world with the name yuri is preposterous

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag23/neko-romancer95/command_and_conquer_red_alert_2_screenshot_2a58547 b_zpsrhozyqwp.jpeg (http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/neko-romancer95/media/command_and_conquer_red_alert_2_screenshot_2a58547 b_zpsrhozyqwp.jpeg.html)

But if there is 2, can we call wiring specialties yuri, "good yuri"? That way there's no confusion

Gawd what if there really is 2, was all that research a lie? Is my life a lie? is that what your suggesting? you insult me with your confusing name denial! from now on you're wiring specialties yuri! I couldn't deal with having to remember 2 names!
Outrageous!

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag23/neko-romancer95/tumblr_ndm99ew37w1u06e3ko1_400_zpsimnxzvof.gif (http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/neko-romancer95/media/tumblr_ndm99ew37w1u06e3ko1_400_zpsimnxzvof.gif.htm l)

Yuri
12-03-2015, 01:01 PM
But if there is 2, can we call wiring specialties yuri, "good yuri"? That way there's no confusion

Gawd what if there really is 2, was all that research a lie? Is my life a lie? is that what your suggesting? you insult me with your confusing name denial! from now on you're wiring specialties yuri! I couldn't deal with having to remember 2 names!
Outrageous

..considering disappearing for another 8 years....:picardfp:

kashira kureijii
12-03-2015, 04:11 PM
..considering disappearing for another 8 years....:picardfp:

instead consider changing your name to wiring specialties yuri, or good yuri, or yuri 2, for serials

All this is sarcasm of course,

Except for my name confusion. I was genuinely convinced you were wiring specialties yuri, and had just moved on from zilvia upon business creation.

maybe I should correct history thread but meh

s13poop
12-03-2015, 06:20 PM
Lol remember posi rep?

All the cool green or red squares under your avatar :keke::keke:

bardabe
12-04-2015, 09:36 AM
I'm Surprised nobody has mentioned Om1kron, Johnny (Crimsonrocket), RBPerformance or 9GayRacing. Wayne is a great troll we hurt many feelings together. Eric Castro was a pretty rad dude too he's out doing biker things now. Om1kron is all about the Crossfit and Johnny is doing the grown up thing. lots of cool stories and era's are indeed missing.

yokotas13
12-04-2015, 02:17 PM
lol Wayne is a fucking beast now man.

burnsauto
12-05-2015, 05:49 AM
I'm Surprised nobody has mentioned Om1kron, Johnny (Crimsonrocket), RBPerformance or 9GayRacing. Wayne is a great troll we hurt many feelings together. Eric Castro was a pretty rad dude too he's out doing biker things now. Om1kron is all about the Crossfit and Johnny is doing the grown up thing. lots of cool stories and era's are indeed missing.

johnny is still full of fun, like nothings changed, haven't heard anything from rb in a long time

kashira kureijii
01-30-2016, 05:08 PM
green arrow and ixfxi bond

somebody register this moment in the history thread /hearts ;)

1/30/16

:love::love::love:

seriously though green arrow is a newb and everyone sucks except me including marvel, gawd I hate marvel,also soapgun or so or whoever he is

I know as zilvia historian I can't be biased but, I dislike muhben's second profile(green arrow) severely, and hitherforth record it
1/30/16: ryan dislikes everythin
1/30/16 6:07pm: "looks in mirror" "smashes mirror" "that's better"

I warned that the syndrome would spread, but I don't know if having a second profile counts.

I also enjoy spreading rumors about the ownership of profiles.

you know OG's shouldn't interact with the peasantry unless it's me, I get Jelly

I am of noble zilvia burghermeister birth, can I be an OG?

!Zar!
01-30-2016, 06:51 PM
No .

kashira kureijii
01-30-2016, 08:17 PM
No .

.............awe man

Z_Spool
02-02-2016, 03:20 PM
As goofy as this thread may be, I def. dig the brief look back. Cool seeing some old names pop back up too. :lfault:

SoundEfx
02-03-2016, 11:27 AM
Being a newb sucks...

Wykydtron
02-03-2016, 01:11 PM
Being a newb sucks...

:picardfp: join dates... my old account was hacked... could have more years on the clock, oh well :fawkd:

Zenki_S14
02-16-2016, 10:52 PM
Damn, it's been a while. Don't remember the last time I was here, but I'm happy it's still going. Guess I'll check out what else is new here.

MrMigs
02-25-2016, 08:42 PM
mirin' post count to join date ratio..

Mikuni
02-25-2016, 08:47 PM
.....noobs

AnonymousBlackX
02-25-2016, 09:22 PM
Being a newb sucks...

i think it rocks thank you very much...

Rob's S14
02-25-2016, 09:48 PM
wow this thread brought back some memories. this used to be daily for me when i was phone customer service for a sunglass company. my whole day was listening to complaints and reading OT section and trying my hardest to make someone laugh at one of my posts for some rep.

MrMigs
02-25-2016, 10:09 PM
Ahhh... Rob... not sure if same Rob with the S14 from a long time ago?

Rob's S14
02-26-2016, 09:34 PM
Well, I've had mine since '03, and I've never left the OC area.

fliprayzin240sx
03-10-2016, 08:00 PM
Ahhh... Rob... not sure if same Rob with the S14 from a long time ago?

Damn Migs, you still around? You still keep in touch with Kenny?!?!

MrMigs
03-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Damn Migs, you still around? You still keep in touch with Kenny?!?!

Yea man I'm immortal yo :2f2f:
Nahh, I haven't spoken to Kenny in yearrrrsss. Wonder what ever happened to him

kashira kureijii
03-10-2016, 08:32 PM
not that i know what the fuck you guys are talking about, but I bought my first 240 from a fellow named kenny
Think it was kenny "general british name" or some such thing.
This was in texas and the car was from CO . never gave me the title so I had to get one from the courthouse.

Just thought you should know, maybe it's a clue muhahaha. maybe well have to travel across the world to look for this kenny guy.maybe he'll tell us the secrets of life........my life is boring

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag23/neko-romancer95/detective-anime-girl_zps6j6ulklb.jpg (http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/neko-romancer95/media/detective-anime-girl_zps6j6ulklb.jpg.html)

MrMigs
03-10-2016, 10:31 PM
what is life for when there is anime anyways? ^_^

all show no go
03-10-2016, 11:06 PM
Rep system was the best.

Another early memory was around the SL.N times where Jack (Azndoc) had a Mr. T bobble head stolen from him, (just the head I believe) & it was being mailed around to different members. Zilvia was a tighter community then, and it wasn't even that long ago.

exitspeed
03-11-2016, 02:36 PM
Rep system was the best.

Another early memory was around the SL.N times where Jack (Azndoc) had a Mr. T bobble head stolen from him, (just the head I believe) & it was being mailed around to different members. Zilvia was a tighter community then, and it wasn't even that long ago.

Yeah I just came across those pics on my server from when I had it. It's been so long I can't remember who sent it to me or who I sent it to.

GotDriftS14
03-26-2016, 02:42 PM
I remember the ancient times. It was unlike anything you could have imagined. When I bought my S14, it was still under factory warranty and she was exactly as her creator had first assembled her.

I hear legends of there once being "stock" 240SXs out there in the wild, and I can tell you, the legends are true! I'VE SEEN IT WITH ME OWN EYES!! But, alas, those days are long gone...

MrMigs
03-26-2016, 03:01 PM
bring back the puking frog mascot of the norcal 240sx club!

GotDriftS14
03-26-2016, 03:17 PM
bring back the puking frog mascot of the norcal 240sx club!

Oh, you mean THIS??!?!

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/norcal523/M30101_c.jpg

MrMigs
03-26-2016, 04:32 PM
hooooly lollll yes. greatest club of all time LOL. see the puking frog, strike fear and amusement to all who gaze upon its grandeur

GotDriftS14
03-26-2016, 06:14 PM
hooooly lollll yes. greatest club of all time LOL. see the puking frog, strike fear and amusement to all who gaze upon its grandeur

Every moment I live is agony! of peace.

3h80ZlYQtpg

Mister.E
04-27-2016, 08:35 PM
Haven't seen this in a while. My shirt is super faded though.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160428/dfaae0f9cc5513d93714aa7af539771d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

collegekid
04-27-2016, 11:20 PM
Rep needs to be reintroduced.

It's what the people want.

VAs13
04-28-2016, 12:19 AM
Lots of memories in here. I did also happen to stumble across an old Zilvia calendar the other day when I was cleaning.

driftsucky
04-28-2016, 08:00 AM
Haven't seen this in a while. My shirt is super faded though.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160428/dfaae0f9cc5513d93714aa7af539771d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Never knew that had a "D" in there. I remember them being mentioned in Super Street when they were introducing drifting. There were canyons, matte green integras. Sharon Soto was all the rage. It was a good time.

smellslikecurry
04-28-2016, 09:03 AM
Free Makotos13!!!

Mister.E
04-28-2016, 10:35 PM
It was videos like this that made me not fear coming back to the states and continuing drifting. Here we are today and I still have haven't done shit.

ViIgJCxfrDk

I'm looking for an old video that squidd made of a 626 drift event at the balcony and it has this Tom Waits song in it. If anyone knows where I can find it, that would be great. Here is the song for reference:

27LLPANAgzw

Felipe
04-29-2016, 04:34 AM

No pues wow lol

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/dirfters2it_sideways/DSC02602.jpg (http://s210.photobucket.com/user/dirfters2it_sideways/media/DSC02602.jpg.html)

Felipe
04-29-2016, 04:34 AM
I should have a video of that night

DrtyRat
04-29-2016, 11:24 AM

DrtyRat
04-29-2016, 11:25 AM
Free Makotos13!!!

^^^^^^^
This guy knows where it's at !

raz0rbladez909
04-30-2016, 04:01 PM
LMAO this thread is hilarious, and is bringing back a shit load of memories.

raz0rbladez909
04-30-2016, 06:13 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7195/7148657749_7ea4b2d01f_b.jpg
Anyone remember these shirts Obeewon made? I still wear mine from time to time lol (not my picture)

chokudoriS13
05-02-2016, 12:46 AM
Jeremy!

Dave
Dave!

240meowth
05-26-2016, 05:37 PM
Jeremy!

Dave!

Who this, Vadim?

zerodameaon
05-26-2016, 06:36 PM
I missed this thread somehow, so many names I have not seen in a long time. Many from back before I ever even signed up.

240meowth
05-26-2016, 07:13 PM
Hi, i'm new here :3

Agamemnon
05-26-2016, 07:35 PM
Go away newb

zerodameaon
05-26-2016, 09:19 PM
Hi, i'm new here :3

How did you hack the system to get that 2001 join date?

!Zar!
05-30-2016, 07:11 AM
Free Makotos13!!!

Fuck him .

Green Arrow
05-30-2016, 08:50 AM
1/30/16

:love::love::love:

seriously though green arrow is a newb and everyone sucks except me including marvel, gawd I hate marvel,also soapgun or so or whoever he is

I know as zilvia historian I can't be biased but, I dislike muhben's second profile(green arrow) severely, and hitherforth record it
1/30/16: ryan dislikes everythin
1/30/16 6:07pm: "looks in mirror" "smashes mirror" "that's better"

I warned that the syndrome would spread, but I don't know if having a second profile counts.

I also enjoy spreading rumors about the ownership of profiles.

you know OG's shouldn't interact with the peasantry unless it's me, I get Jelly

I am of noble zilvia burghermeister birth, can I be an OG?

I am not that moose licker, i have not had an acct here before. I have only lurked through here, used to just roll on tennspeed.net....but that place has gone with the dinosaurs

kashira kureijii
05-30-2016, 09:17 AM
I am not that moose licker, i have not had an acct here before. I have only lurked through here, used to just roll on tennspeed.net....but that place has gone with the dinosaurs

Must had to do some thread digging to see that January post haha. Well if your not muhbenny then your alright,

My statement about hating marvel or dc or superheroes in general still stands though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chokudoriS13
06-09-2016, 01:25 AM
Who this, Vadim?
Who else, lol?

smellslikecurry
06-09-2016, 08:21 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/spidermansro/chewiedrift.jpg

Mister.E
06-10-2016, 04:42 PM
Anyone remember these?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160610/545993f7f9ab55c010047adb71a5efba.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160610/db4752d49daa60c95b7362bd1ac79ede.jpg

DrtyRat
06-11-2016, 04:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/spidermansro/chewiedrift.jpg
Chewy!!
Anyone remember these?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160610/545993f7f9ab55c010047adb71a5efba.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160610/db4752d49daa60c95b7362bd1ac79ede.jpg

Yep, I was tempted to buy one. That's when kognition was starting to take off. I remember owning one of his radio deletes for awhile.

Antihero983
06-11-2016, 08:45 PM

Those are names I haven't seen in many moons...I almost forgot how much this place has changed.

The premie days were amazeballs, but I am thankful for the friends I made here that I still talk to outside of this place.

Also, Yuri's car was fucking LEGENDARY.

smellslikecurry
06-12-2016, 06:24 AM
Damnit I used to hate Charlie.

exitspeed
06-12-2016, 12:30 PM
Those are names I haven't seen in many moons...I almost forgot how much this place has changed.

The premie days were amazeballs, but I am thankful for the friends I made here that I still talk to outside of this place.

Also, Yuri's car was fucking LEGENDARY.

Yeah the premie days were awesome. So much wasted time at work. Lol

Antihero983
06-12-2016, 07:14 PM
Yeah the premie days were awesome. So much wasted time at work. Lol

Preach homie, preach. Funny thing is, I can't remember the last time I owned an S Chassis. :-/

Antihero983
06-12-2016, 07:23 PM
Whatever happened to Kevin and Lisa?

smellslikecurry
06-12-2016, 09:51 PM
Anyone remember that blue s13.5. Forgot the dudes username. Had a pretty legit build thread way back in the day (2005?).

240meowth
06-22-2016, 03:11 PM
Whatever happened to Kevin and Lisa?

Wait... Kevin & Lisa... I think Kevin raises horses now...

theronin
06-28-2016, 03:53 AM
This is the only thread that matters on Zilvia anymore.

If you are still around, thank you Russ for the cam, and all the help. <3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Yuri
06-28-2016, 10:20 AM
Wait... Kevin & Lisa... I think Kevin raises horses now...

Aren't they in California someplace? Wish I knew, those guys were awesome.

LockOn!
06-28-2016, 11:17 AM
BHWolrd

that is all.

I managed to download all the DoriTen rips he had up there before the website disappeared around what, 2012?

THANK YOU SENPAI

Yuri
06-28-2016, 11:20 AM
Since there seems to be some interest in the golden era of Zilvia, I'll share some of my recollections of what it was like having a built 240 and being active in the SoCal drift scene back around 2003-2007.

PART1:
The cars: At that time, the ways cars were built was quite a bit different than today. Regardless of the part used, it tended to be a quality piece, either imported from Japan, or made by a reputable machine shop in the area. There simply were no cheap knock-off companies that built low-quality parts for our cars. Parts were made by Tein, Cusco, Blitz, HKS, Tanabe, Bride, Personal, Momo, etc, and people saved for a while to drop a chunk of change on them. Occasionally you could find used parts, but not too often. The exception to this rule was used JDM wheels. SoCal Alteration was a small shop completely stocked with quality imported used JDM wheels. Oftentimes they would be quite odd too, as they would get in stock that wasn't popular even in Japan, but most of the wheels were pretty spot on for S-chassis. If you were ok with thinking outside the box and trendsetting, you could find wheels from them or other importers that were dirt cheap. This is how I ended up with first a set of Enkei G-square Trentinos, and then, the first set of Weds Kranze Cerberus in the US. I didn't get them because anyone thought they were cool, I got them because an importer friend was having trouble selling them, and they looked ridiculous. (No one was attempting to fit an 18x11 on an S-chassis at that time.)
Drivetrain wise, most people were still running KA's, many having swapped out their single cams for twin cams. SR's were starting to become popular, with several shops doing the swaps for customers, Cartune Motorsport and Driftspeed being two of the more prolific swappers. Cartune would also source low-mileage shells for customers looking to do a swap, and selling the shell itself for cheap when paired with the swap. A few people were doing RB25 swaps, but drifters usually avoided these because it was a lot of added weight over the front wheels compared to the lighter SR. LSD's were considered a requirement for the semi-serious drifter, and almost everyone I knew ran a Cusco 2-way if they had the money, a stock VLSD (or a jdm one) if they were on a budget, or a welded if they were totally broke. You could always tell an enthusiast owned car when it pulled into a parking lot, because many of them would have a 2-way set to an aggressive lock, and would start popping as it would pull into the lot.
Suspension wise, the variety was crazy, as everyone was running coilovers, new or used, always JDM brands until Megan racing came on the scene towards the end. Everyone who had the money avoided megans at the time as they often broke. It was pretty cool in terms of suspension set up, because before Tein released the drift spec coilovers, there really wasn't a set up that was tailor-made to drift cars, so everyone ran what they could get, and then tuned the settings to their liking. I myself ran (and still have on my S13.4) Tein Type HE Winding Masters, a coilover that was designed for the touges of Japan, and I ordered them through Super Autobacs. (Yes. We had those.)
In terms of stance, everyone wanted to go low, but not to the point where we were grinding bodyparts on the road.
Until Brian Harte happened. BH (as he was known) was hardcore into jdm trend watching, and he and the Pink Godzira team was always a step ahead of much of the 240 scene. Brian would always go lower and lower, and as he went lower, more and more cars started to strive for what was referred to as "BH Low." It got to the point where Brian actually had a custom set of one-off coilovers made (I can't remember who made them, it was some JDM brand) that were named BH-spec.

Around the earlier part of this time frame, aero and body mods were generally pretty clean. Many strived for a straight out of Japan look, and Silvia faces on coupes or hatchbacks were an expensive mod. Zenki front lips were also popular. Aero kits didn't start becoming widespread until around 2004 or so, and even then, they were subtle, usually of the vertex style. You could buy brand new jdm parts if you had the cash, through places like Superior Nissan of Puente hills, with an entire Kouki 180SX taillight conversion with kevlar garnish running $500. You could get Nismo parts too, but except for the front subframe brace, most people went with other well-established japanese brands.

Around perhaps 2005 though, there was a big shift in aesthetics. Drift cars started getting super-flamboyant, and much of this happened on the Ziptied forums, which were an invite-only set of forums that were only populated by the hardcore.
Aggressive body kits, slammed ride-height, and uber-flush fitment became the order of the day, with bright candy or metal flake paint covering everything. Graphics still were limited to team style stickers on the glass.
Pink Godzira built a series of cars that were done up Japanese team style, matching colors and all, but around this time, a group known as Viceroy in Texas started pushing the limits of what was being done. While the super flamboyant style was taking off, there were still super clean builds being done with lots of attention to detail, like Norm's (USDM180SX I think) S14. Norm's S14 was super clean, with most everything modified being extremely subtle and well-executed, with basically just a ride height change and wheels hinting at what was going on under the sheetmetal.
Most of the builds didn't remain fixed, they would often go through signifigant changes every once in a while, with an aero change, wheel change, or color change being the norm. People would be constantly trying out different parts to find what worked best for them, and everyone knew everyone else, often times going to other's houses to trade car parts for others. A chargespeed bucket would be swapped for a c/f hood and so on.

Anyone who was into the scene at that time can tell you what a pain finding wheels was. The S-chassis mostly used a 4x114.3 lug pattern, but also took a low-offset which no one made at a decent price, so everyone used either used JDM, or did a 5-lug swap. If you wanted to run a widebody, you almost had to get five-lug, or run huge bolt on spacers, because you'd never find wheels in that sizing.

I hope this has brought some light to the scene back in the day.

Join me later for future installments including:
Part 2: The night life (meets and canyons)
Part 3: The Drift scene
Part 4: The shops

240meowth
06-28-2016, 04:18 PM
Aren't they in California someplace? Wish I knew, those guys were awesome.

I caught up with Kevin on AIM one time years ago. I think he moved to the Inland Empire had a large back yard and got a race horse...

DreEzed
10-10-2016, 04:53 PM
Man I miss the rep system.

Felipe
10-11-2016, 09:37 PM
Waiting for part 2.....

Malik
10-11-2016, 10:14 PM
Man I miss the rep system.

yeah we gotta bring this back, or some other derivation

d9m13n
10-11-2016, 10:58 PM
Man I was born too late....

This is awesome, much respect to all the old guard

smellslikecurry
10-12-2016, 07:37 AM
The rep system was the best thing that ever happened to Zilvia.

SlideWell
10-12-2016, 08:25 AM
Funny. Nice to see some old names still floating around. I miss the rep system, too. I was most active during my last build from 2007-2011. Grant shipped me a front set of R32 GTR brakes for something like $150. Taxes are high these days. I like the old days.

exitspeed
10-12-2016, 08:27 AM
The rep system was the best thing that ever happened to Zilvia.

Agreed. The highest repped person (Phlip) barely posts anymore.

I was #2 (literally because of the OT section). It was like a game. So much fun. lol. I don't have the time I had back then if it came back.

It (and the Premie section) really did build this forum as a real community though. Once the rep system went away the Premie section died and along with it a lot of fun times and camaraderie. Less fucks are given nowadays.

Them were the days.

kashira kureijii
10-12-2016, 11:01 AM
y'all shoulda stamped out the LS Swaps and missile fuckbois before they became too powerful, you have no one to blame but yourselves for this descent into car degeneracy.

1988montecarloss
10-13-2016, 12:26 AM
y'all shoulda stamped out the LS Swaps and missile fuckbois before they became too powerful, you have no one to blame but yourselves for this descent into car degeneracy.

nothing wrong with LS swaps, a shitty looking car is a shitty looking car even with an SR/KA/RB under the hood

Pblesh85
10-13-2016, 07:04 AM
There is a simple reason the "good o'l days" and culture of the past is gone here.

When the website was most active and the car scene was at its peak. Most of the long term members on here were in our early 20's. As time goes on a lot of people simply grow out of the culture. How many of us(aside from myself) really enjoy driving a 20-25 year old car, especially as a daily driver ? As time goes on tastes change, interests evolve, "more adult", kids, ect...

This leads way to a new generation. Unfortunately not every new generation is a positive thing. Trends today do not help either.

It's simple though. Most of us grew up, made some bullshit reason to sell our cars, and simply moved on. Now you have the few that stayed behind and the masses of new 18-22 year olds that say "missile cars are dope", "who cares if I run miss matched wheels", "18x12-30 fit s chassis", and all the other crap-tastic trends out there today.

The hay days are long gone, and this is what we have left. Try and make the best of I guess...

I know I won't make a damn bit of difference not buying into knock off parts, or jumping on every bandwagon company that starts up trying to be the new local flavor and be the homies next door. But it's the only way I think this culture should be represented. Real parts, simple and tasteful, and simply enjoy these cars for what they are.

Whatever, my 2cents

Dutchmalmiss
10-13-2016, 08:23 AM
There is a simple reason the "good o'l days" and culture of the past is gone here.

When the website was most active and the car scene was at its peak. Most of the long term members on here were in our early 20's. As time goes on a lot of people simply grow out of the culture. How many of us(aside from myself) really enjoy driving a 20-25 year old car, especially as a daily driver ? As time goes on tastes change, interests evolve, "more adult", kids, ect...

This leads way to a new generation. Unfortunately not every new generation is a positive thing. Trends today do not help either.

It's simple though. Most of us grew up, made some bullshit reason to sell our cars, and simply moved on. Now you have the few that stayed behind and the masses of new 18-22 year olds that say "missile cars are dope", "who cares if I run miss matched wheels", "18x12-30 fit s chassis", and all the other crap-tastic trends out there today.

The hay days are long gone, and this is what we have left. Try and make the best of I guess...

I know I won't make a damn bit of difference not buying into knock off parts, or jumping on every bandwagon company that starts up trying to be the new local flavor and be the homies next door. But it's the only way I think this culture should be represented. Real parts, simple and tasteful, and simply enjoy these cars for what they are.

Whatever, my 2cents

That's probably the most concise way to put it in a nutshell. The only reason I still have my S-chassis is because it's on jackstands haha. The moment I finish finish my Z-brakes, I'll probably fall in love with it for about a couple more weeks then realize it's time to let it go. Every S-chassis I've seen around my area is literally not in one color and proudly driven as if that was their end-goal. Nope.

TheRealSy90
10-13-2016, 08:24 AM
Facebook killed the forums.

exitspeed
10-13-2016, 10:51 AM
Facebook killed the forums.

Party poopers killed the rep system and the premie section, which impacted the whole forum. Facebook gave everyone a place to pick up where things left off here.

CrimsonRockett
10-13-2016, 01:46 PM
That's probably the most concise way to put it in a nutshell. The only reason I still have my S-chassis is because it's on jackstands haha. The moment I finish finish my Z-brakes, I'll probably fall in love with it for about a couple more weeks then realize it's time to let it go. Every S-chassis I've seen around my area is literally not in one color and proudly driven as if that was their end-goal. Nope.

I give credit to "Socal S-chassis" for putting together their annual meet, but the amount of garbage that was there was ridiculous.

Out of all the cars that were there, less than 10 were properly done and only two actually impressed me.

The rest were mismatched or even missing body panels, low hanging bumpers missing massive chunks, terrible paint jobs, the list goes on.

You'll always have that crowd that wants everything now (low budget), properly done (big budget), and the forever builds (me).

:hsdance:

Dutchmalmiss
10-13-2016, 02:44 PM
I give credit to "Socal S-chassis" for putting together their annual meet, but the amount of garbage that was there was ridiculous.

Out of all the cars that were there, less than 10 were properly done and only two actually impressed me.

The rest were mismatched or even missing body panels, low hanging bumpers missing massive chunks, terrible paint jobs, the list goes on.

You'll always have that crowd that wants everything now (low budget), properly done (big budget), and the forever builds (me).

:hsdance:

Slow builds are the best. Detail-oriented (usually). I'm on year 13 with mine haha.

Renzin
10-13-2016, 03:43 PM
I hope this has brought some light to the scene back in the day.

Join me later for future installments including:
Part 2: The night life (meets and canyons)
Part 3: The Drift scene
Part 4: The shops

That was a good read. Any chance for part 2 coming?

TheRealSy90
10-13-2016, 03:52 PM
Party poopers killed the rep system and the premie section, which impacted the whole forum. Facebook gave everyone a place to pick up where things left off here.

I'm referring to the amount of people that post the stupidest, easiest to solve questions on 240 facebook groups. Because they don't know how to literally google something. It's infuriating.

AMD 240
10-14-2016, 11:48 AM
"I went to start my car this morning and it wont start. What do?"

That shit is so annoying. I just either laugh at the person if it's something super super stupid. Or i ignore it. It's like people think that since it's only facebook. They don't have to even attempt to try to look shit up.

Felipe
10-15-2016, 03:52 AM
"I went to start my car this morning and it wont start. What do?"

That just brings me back to the good old days lol..

What do you do?. Well for starters you can put your flame suit on because its Zilvia and you about to get shit on lmao...

Pblesh85
10-15-2016, 09:16 PM
Everyone who posts a question(mostly the new guys) gets instantly flamed. Everyone always spouts off with, try google bruh, use search newb, ect...

There was a time when most of the questions were valid(most, not all... some are totally fucking tar-tard).

It was cool being new to something. You have a question, you ask it, and most people are totally down to help. Or there would be a question that someone asked and it was something you are dealing with. It was just a fun time.

Now if you have a question you have to search through 1000's of posts and hope you find what your looking for. Totally gay...

Plus when we all flame someone for asking a common question to US... it makes us all look like stuck up dicks that are trying to exclude new people. Then you see that attitude rub off on the new guys. So now you have a bunch of 18~22 year olds acting as if they started this website and sounding like pretentious dick heads.

I would totally take the new questions vs a new trend from one particular member on here. This said member Posts pictures on EVERY SINGLE pic thread on here. NONE of which are his cars. Its as if HE discovered the internet single handed.

I dont know how it doesn't bother anyone else.

kashira kureijii
10-15-2016, 10:35 PM

I dont know how it doesn't bother anyone else.

Robogardless?

Haha ya, spammy af

Its cool to see yall bein nostalgic and shit. Theres something so cool about being the old skewl ones who created a brand new culture around a vehicle, and made all the important discoveries (like all the parts interchangability, swap guides, etc)

Wheres yuri? He was supposed to make a cool pt 2 history, i dont know what happened in the old days and am unqualified as zilvia historian

Pblesh85
10-15-2016, 10:48 PM
No, thats not the member im talking about. Its REALLY easy to notice. Look at ANY thread where you post pics. He posts in ALL of them. way more than anyone else.

smoked240
10-15-2016, 10:48 PM
This is great! Glad I stuck through it till the end.
It's almost 2017 fellas

AKADriver
10-16-2016, 09:52 AM
Freshalloy was a great forum in the early 2000s but moved slowly. It was a great place for tech but not for social stuff.

There was a big group of us here from the mid-atlantic region that were very active from 2001-2005 or so and that's what brought me here. Also people like DousanPG who knew a lot about high quality Japanese parts.

What happened to the FAQs guys like me and mrmephistopheles wrote about brakes and suspension?

I stopped actively posting around 2006 or 2007. I crashed my car in 2005 and replaced it with a Miata, gut busy with real life but stayed around while helping G6CivCX with SR tech stuff and the early days of V8 swaps. Lost interest after that because the scene changed to be more about wrecking your car than improving it.:ugh:

kashira kureijii
10-16-2016, 10:58 AM
No, thats not the member im talking about. Its REALLY easy to notice. Look at ANY thread where you post pics. He posts in ALL of them. way more than anyone else.

Classless moped/z guy?

Not gonna lie, there is some fairly shitty info on the old freshalloy threads, because people at the time were trying to figure shit out. I feel like all that old info was sifted through to make the much more reliable early zilvia faqs .

SlideWell
10-16-2016, 02:20 PM
I was hesitant to come back to the S-chassis world, the crowd being what it is. Ultimately, 5 years later (1 month ago), I picked up my first S13; my 4th S-chassis. The cars are just so incredibly fun to drive. It is as if you are driving on rails. You don't have that in many cars these days. And they're easy to fix...usually. The few little things I've had to fix on the car were diagnosed via Google, which usually brings you to Zilvia. Before, there were a lot of beat up S13's. Now, there's just more of them, however, S14's are slowly taking that position on the podium now, despite the ludicrous prices people are asking for them. They used to all be clean. But...such as history goes, it is a continuing circle of vehicle value and use. The Rep system kept people interested. The level of courtesy in here changed once it was gone, and, as a new generation has grabbed hold of these cars, it has declined sharply.

bboyoracle
10-16-2016, 02:20 PM

Whatever, my 2cents

I think this is a great answer. I for one sold my car and used the funds to go back to school and get a degree. (Adulting sucks)

To your point about knockoff parts. I think there is a misunderstanding among new enthusiasts about real parts. Which include that there are none stateside, hard to find or it's too expensive. But what new enthusiasts don't understand is that our generation brought a lot of real parts, though it took forever, into the US. And used, those parts are actually quite affordable.

That's the reason I created www.tunrex.com It's a simple marketplace for buying and selling authentic Japanese car parts. Real used aftermarket parts all in one place. No fake parts.

I drive a lot of traffic to the site from Facebook and Instagram (even helped a couple of zilvia members). It has been received well, so it's my hope we can get people back to simple and clean builds again.

Touge Noob S13
10-26-2016, 03:36 PM

Glad to know I'm not the only one annoyed by that guy.

TheRealSy90
10-26-2016, 04:21 PM
I vividly remember a thread about a member that fell asleep behind the wheel of his 240, drove it straight into the wall of a building, recorded it ALL on the dashcam he had recently installed and then posted the videos up on the thread later on.
I haven't been able to find that thread in years lol.

Glad to know I'm not the only one annoyed by that guy.

I Str8hate that...

kashira kureijii
10-26-2016, 05:02 PM
I Str8hate that...

Ah, moped guy,
thats good, i was beginning to think it was me haha,

Yall dont have any more cool stories about old school shit? Because lately it has just been " hey i remember kevin" or whatever
Wheres yuri fam at?

exitspeed
10-26-2016, 05:43 PM
Ah, moped guy,
thats good, i was beginning to think it was me haha,

Yall dont have any more cool stories about old school shit? Because lately it has just been " hey i remember kevin" or whatever
Wheres yuri fam at?

I have tons of great memories from Zilvia. I remember Kevin and Lisa sent me a whole box of awesome ramen and snacks from Japan. I think I still have the pics around somewhere. I always thought that was super cool of them. I can probably partially credit them for my continued ramen obsession. I get to travel a lot and eat ramen in almost every city I go to. Thanks Kevin and Lisa.

There's a story about when Yuri and I became Mods at the same time and the Premie section was just booming at the time. More about that another time.

bardabe
10-27-2016, 08:46 AM
There's a story about when Yuri and I became Mods at the same time and the Premie section was just booming at the time. More about that another time.

Oh fuck lol I remember all this shenanigans

Yuri
10-27-2016, 09:50 AM
Wheres yuri fam at?

Sorry, just got back from Japan.
Ate lots of great food, saw lots of cool stuff.
Bought plenty of JDM parts. All around amazing time.

Any stories from the old days you want to hear in particular?

kashira kureijii
10-27-2016, 10:53 AM

Haha glad u had fun, did you get some onigiri and pocari sweat from family mart? Family mart is best mart

What wheels were best wheels 2000-2005?
Were folks in like 2001 aware of the situation and nippon and how much better their silvias were (sr"s etc)

Also at what time did everyone realize the 300zx was a lost cause and sorta fade away? The forum still has z stuff in the name, but you know, the only thing we see from z"s around here is their brakes haha

pacotaco345
10-27-2016, 11:10 AM
I Str8hate that...

His new build thread is Str8 trash too.. lol

I wasn't too active in zilvia til 2010 ish, and I feel like that was the beginning of the end of this site. I don't think the kouki s14 thread had been started yet and we were still on v1 of the type x thread haha. I used to be able to hit refresh every 30 seconds and see 4-5 threads bumped, now its more like 4-5 an hour.

Yuri
10-27-2016, 12:56 PM
Haha glad u had fun, did you get some onigiri and pocari sweat from family mart? Family mart is best mart

There was a Family mart next to the Air BnB we had when we were in Tokyo.
Usually got flavored Suntori beer as well as a pack that contained three types of sandwiches.

For Pocari sweat, got that and Boss Rainbow coffee from all the street vending machines pretty often.

What wheels were best wheels 2000-2005?
Were folks in like 2001 aware of the situation and nippon and how much better their silvias were (sr"s etc)

Earlier on TE37's in white or bronze were the hot setup. However, fitment didn't start being a thing until maybe around 2003 or so. OEM R34 wheels were pretty unicorn spec, and a lot of people had Konig Verdicts because they kind of looked like them. In the West coast, there was access to imported used JDM wheels. Which often times fit really well. I remember Grenades being really popular, as they were affordable, from Japan, and reasonably priced.

The thing most people don't realize now is, that it was nearly impossible to get 4-lug low offset wheels in the US for our cars. In 2003 I was running Kazera KZ1 in 16x7.5 +40, and then moved on to Kei Office Modias in 16x7 +30, 16x8 +32 stagger. After that I moved on to my first flush set, Enkei G-square Trentinos.

As for the JDM scene, Many people knew it was pretty special, but didn't have a really good grasp on it unless they had access to option video or magazines. These were really hard to get unless you were in California, where Tower Records and tuning shops carried them. It was probably around 2001 when US car magazines really started covering the scene that most people got a good look.
You have to realize though, everyone knew how hot the cars in Japan were, back in 1997/98 when the first Gran Turismo dropped. Everyone I know was trying to figure out what all the weird Japanese cars were, and then getting blown away when we found out how much power you could make a "Nissan Skyline GT-R" put out, despite the fact we had never heard of one before.

In the early 2000's the S-chassis scene was just coming off the fringe of the main tuner scene, which was dominated by Hondas and Mitsubishis. In most parts of the country too, you had zero respect from most car guys who were still all about the Camaro and Mustang. The SR20DET swap was the hot ticket for your schassis, and they were extremely rare. Pop the hood on a stock SR at a car meet, and it would draw a crowd. Coilovers were also rare early on, due to how hard it was to get them. No one was making them in the US, and you had to special order them from Japan. I remember for me it was a huge occasion when I ordered a set of brand new Tein Type-HE Winding Masters (the jdm touge-spec coilover) and waited for them to come from Japan through Super Autobacs.

Also at what time did everyone realize the 300zx was a lost cause and sorta fade away? The forum still has z stuff in the name, but you know, the only thing we see from z"s around here is their brakes haha

I came on Zilvia in 2003. No one was doing anything with Z's on here then. In fact I think more people have Z's on Zilvia now than ever before. Back then you wouldn't even see a Z thread at all.
S30's weren't popular on here back then because the people who owned them tended to be old people who were the original owners. S130's and Z31's were just a car people drove while they were dreaming of buying an S13, or if you were well-off, an S14, and Z32's were a nightmare to work on and expensive to fix up, not to mention buy in the first place. At that time, Z32's were very pricey, and if you had that kind of money, it made sense to get a Supra or some other high-performance import that was easier to upgrade (at least until the first fast and furious came out and drove up MkIV Supra prices.) People considered the looks of the Z32 to be dated for the price too, which sent them towards other cars in that market, like FD's and 3000GT's.

midnight zenki
10-27-2016, 03:56 PM

I was around during the Night Kids days but I thought that might warrant documentation in this thread if it hadn't been brought up yet:drama: