PDA

View Full Version : Sac SCCA Drift Practice Event in the works

jaae86
08-29-2004, 10:02 AM
Evolution Motorsports and I are currently working with Sac SCCA to have a Drift Practice Event from beginners to advance level drivers. We are looking into having it held at the Stockton Fairgrounds which is our first option. Other sites are really hard to get these days. SCCA Board members are still discussing the layouts and risks involves. Below are just some estimates (not final) that we are looking into in regards to some details of this event.

Maximum estimated entries: 60
When: early to mid Oct
3 Course lay out
Cost: around $60

If this gets approves and goes through, how many of you guys are willing to participate??

anthony240
08-29-2004, 12:46 PM
I am willing, but only if security is TIGHT! Stockton is very well known for missing items, and I'm not taking the risk of losing a jack. I say close the pits from spectators. O yea I'm down. I tried to get Stockton Fairgrounds for an event like this, but I didn't have the insurance premium.

kazuo
08-29-2004, 03:46 PM
I'm down, but have you discussed this with the people at the fairgrounds?

Part of the reason its so hard to get a venue for DRIFTING is because of what it involves... ask DD what happened to them after they ran DD6 at Candlestick. :)

Hopefully you guys can get it worked out though. I'd be more than happy to attend :D

TurDz
08-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Today there was an auto-x event. Before we started OptionZero and I were asked if we were intersted in participating in a drift event of at least 60 ppl. This event will most likely come through thanks to jaae86.

The guy who asked us also suggested that it might be best to prepay all the fees, that way, it's a lot more appealing for the event organizers to break even with renting the lot and insurance.

One thing I should bring up though...with the recent news of a lot of tracks stopping open sessions for drifting, we have to act responsibly when drifting. This is the first time an event like this is possible at the fairgrounds, and we should set a good example so we can have more events in the future.

After some experimenting today on fun runs, I will definately join this drift practice...

NZO
08-29-2004, 06:09 PM
Jeff whats the surface condition like? As long as it isnt any worse then 3com you know I'm in for sure.

ZK
08-29-2004, 06:38 PM
SCCA DRIFTING?! Wow, I'd never figure they'd put together something like that seeing how at the SF Solo2 they will kick you out if you purposely try to drift on course.

Damn, I really want my car back now...

jaae86
08-29-2004, 07:44 PM
Nicely said TurDZ (Chris)!!! This is an event that will certainly make an impression on some of the SCCA board members in regards to drifting. So if everyone behaves themselves, certainly more events of this kind will follow.

NZO (another Chris) =) The surface at the Stockton Fairgrounds is pretty even. No elevation changes and no light post or big potholes to worry about. Here's an aerial shot of the site. http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Sites/stockton.html

Anthony, I've been going to the Sac SCCA autox events for quite sometime now and I haven't heard of anything being stolen. During our events though, SCCA have a security guy that walks around and checks for suspicious activities. But we will certainly look into this so our participants will be able to relax and have fun. This is what this event is all about.

Let's all hope we can make this happen. The more supporters I get the more it will happen. Thanks all!

d r i f t swift
08-29-2004, 09:03 PM
damn id be down for sure.

Teh Luckinator
08-29-2004, 09:16 PM
I live in Stockton. Stockton sucks.

Yeah, it's ghetto here for sure. I'd be down for the event though.

Drunk Bastard
08-29-2004, 09:32 PM
im down for drifting!

anthony240
08-29-2004, 09:41 PM
SCCA started Formula D anyways. And I've talked to SCCA officials about drifting, around this time last year, they were interested, but not enough to hold it. A 3 course layout is definitely possible, it's a big lot!

I'm just worried about theft because the houses are literally down the street from the grounds. And a 350z owner had his set of 4 18" chrome wheels stolen. I don't know how that happened, i don't know the guy, but it didn't surprise me when I heard about it.

DRFT
08-29-2004, 09:49 PM
dam buy that time ill be down for sure!

SpeedMonkeyInc
08-30-2004, 12:45 AM
I will drive up from San Deigo for the event, if I have not yet moved back to the Bay Area. Nor Cal needs good venues! Altamont is not it.

DoriDoll
08-30-2004, 01:24 AM
*raises hand

mistaanime
09-06-2004, 03:29 PM
eh...y not...gotta test out the crap i have so...im in...

TRUENOCOUPE
09-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Ill be there.

-Al

OptionZero
09-10-2004, 02:01 AM
Chris and Dave (ddball) leave our junk lying around usually...haven't had anything. Then again, nothing to steal, unles u want to jack my junky jack ...

There is one HELLA annoying bump in one corner...

TurDz
09-10-2004, 02:30 AM
Chris and Dave (ddball) leave our junk lying around usually...haven't had anything. Then again, nothing to steal, unles u want to jack my junky jack ...

There is one HELLA annoying bump in one corner...

haha stop complaining man...i never really throught it was too bad. anyway, jeff helped me drift through that whole sweeper! it was an amazing feeling :drool:

jy116
09-10-2004, 03:11 PM
im there!!! 3Com isnt bad compared to GG Fields. Eats r-comps for BREAKFAST! Newbs think they broke sumthing when its really the gravel hitting the fender wells....

I saw an 86 e-brake and drift at event 4. They didnt kick him out... SCCA is cool... dont think that just cuz they're old that they're haters... hahaha.

balmo
09-10-2004, 04:38 PM
im there jeff! whats the update?

Andrew Bohan
09-10-2004, 05:11 PM
GG Fields at my bridgestones for dinner. took out a few 8" by 3" stips of rubber.
and that was the FRONT tires

DRO916
09-10-2004, 05:45 PM
$59.99 r u outta yo mind?!?! im in

jaae86
09-11-2004, 09:16 PM
Hey Paul,
No updates as of today. Sac SCCA went to the Nationals Event at Topeka to compete. I should have more details on my next autox on Sept 25-26. Ill keep everyone posted.

Zoom8112
09-12-2004, 02:20 AM
i'd be interested.

-usmd-180sx
09-13-2004, 12:24 PM
another down to drift... :drama: