View Full Version : Exedy OEM or White Bunny Kit

RinkyDinkyZenki
09-03-2015, 12:30 PM
my question is how well would an Exedy OEM clutch kit hold up to Daily Driving/Drifting and clutch kicks? I kinda want to go with this clutch for my 5 speed swap because it's close to $100 cheaper than the white bunny kit, and I've read that people have used the Exedy OEM and its held up quite well. It's for a stock KA btw. Thanks

ZenkiKid
09-03-2015, 02:38 PM
If youre already going to be down there doing the work you might as well install something that has higher tolerances.

Look into a ACT street or a spec clutch or something.

RinkyDinkyZenki
09-03-2015, 04:09 PM
I'm kinda ballin on a budget though. Like I said I've read that other people have used the Exedy kit and its lasted for them. Basically I'm wondering if the Exedy kit could hold up to me learning and practicing drifting and track days.

kruked
09-03-2015, 05:40 PM
Of you're a stock ka, you'll be fine.

rbpwrd240
09-03-2015, 06:49 PM
The stock exedy replacment is very weak. The spec stage one is good till it gets hot then it goes to mush. If anything get a stage two spec clutch as it has a better clutch disk. Im not sure but I believe the exedy stage two does as well but if I remember correctly it gets alot more expensive.

I have no knowledge of the rocket bunny stuff.

As for the other opinion of ACT. I will admit they are very grippy but I ahve cracked several input shafts on the transmissions with ACT stuff. But I have never run one on a nissan just hondas. They grip like all hell but ahve caused many people problems even with a stage one.

Just my .02

kashira kureijii
09-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Rocket bunny doesn't make clutches lmao

Exedy makes an excellent clutch that feels great, I have put them in several cars already, from my sr to my little brothers rx8,
I also bought one for my rb25 engine I have on my garage floor.
Exedy makes good clutches, that have light engagement, and they're made in osaka

I bought a spec clutch once for a diesel truck at work, and they're a POS,
engagement is way to damn quick,
especially for the type of people who drive the trucks there

Exedy is pervfect for a stock 240, and economical too

RinkyDinkyZenki
09-03-2015, 10:00 PM
I said white bunny but it's all cool haha. Thanks for your opinion. I think I'm gonna go with the Exedy kit.

ZenkiKid
09-10-2015, 03:32 PM
Rocket bunny doesn't make clutches lmao

They dont. Hes referring to the D21 pickup clutch and flywheel aka the white bunny.

jedi03
09-10-2015, 06:24 PM
I'm running exedy oe on my sr with over 300 hp no issues...holds amazingly!

Nissan2nr22
09-25-2015, 05:10 PM
I absolutely love my white bunny

Ilya
09-25-2015, 06:16 PM
I absolutely love my white exedy oem bunny

Razi
09-25-2015, 07:22 PM
I'm using the white bunny setup sold by Competition Clutch. Feels firm but not that stiff and it's easy to drive in traffic. It also handles clutch kicks and hard launches no problem.
It holds up well with my basic KA-T setup.
KA clutches are smaller than SR ones, so upgrading to a larger diameter helps.

zombiewolf513
09-25-2015, 07:24 PM
Oem exedy is gonna burn up with 2 clutch kicks.

I absolutely LOVED the exedy stage 2 drifting with stock ka, I wish every clutch would behave the same way.

04srt21
09-25-2015, 08:48 PM
I had a spec stage 3 + on my sr with 310whp and loved it. Nothing compares to my southbend stage 5 I had on my 300zx thing was a monster however I like stiffer clutches just my preference