PDA

View Full Version : Orange Chicken!!

HyperTek
08-26-2004, 01:44 PM
who here loves americanizeed chinese fast food?? heheh... i dont care, i love it. I know its probably no where near real chinese food huh... im currently eating fried rice, chow mien, sweet and sour chicken and orange chicken.. i think imma be fat when i grow up

Zemus
08-26-2004, 01:48 PM
Some of that processed Chinese food is good from time to time. But I just love sitting down in a lil Mom and Pap Chinese resturant and you basicly being the only one their. You just strait up get amazing service.

WhiteNissanS13
08-26-2004, 01:49 PM
yeah, i like it too.

aznpoopy
08-26-2004, 02:25 PM
im chinese and proud to admit i prefer ameriacn chinese fast food to real chinese food. sweet and sour chicken is my #1 favorite.

i didn't realize other people knew it isn't real chinese food.

element240
08-26-2004, 02:45 PM
my folks own an oriental restaurant (chinese/thai/pho etc..free food baby :werd: )

but i can't stand that buffet crap :barf:

HyperTek
08-26-2004, 02:46 PM
im filipino, but i dont really eat asian food, besides anything with rice... never had viet or thai food yet so i cant comment on my taste on it.

element240
08-26-2004, 02:48 PM
^dam dude....you're missing out, viet egg rolls are the BEST!

theres this one viet restaurant in milwuakee called fonz/fongs/phongs (i don't know how the hell u spell it) but its sooooooooooo good....

goodjuan
08-26-2004, 02:53 PM
I've heard orange chicken is called "general chicken" on the east coast. Can anyone verify this? Sounds funny.

DRFT
08-26-2004, 03:32 PM
zemus...your avatar rocks! Pai mei!

dvdevo
08-26-2004, 03:33 PM
hypertech, why do you have computer specs on your sig hahaha.

aznpoopy
08-26-2004, 10:29 PM
I've heard orange chicken is called "general chicken" on the east coast. Can anyone verify this? Sounds funny.

i think you're thinking of 'general tso's chicken,' which is similar to orange chicken but it's not the same thing.

kandyflip445
08-26-2004, 10:58 PM
Yay, it's a little more spicey. And I have to disagree on the eggrolls. Lumpia is far better. ;) Or at least how my family makes it. :p

FastBack 240
08-26-2004, 11:17 PM
i think you're thinking of 'general tso's chicken,' which is similar to orange chicken but it's not the same thing.

mmm so good. That and almond chicken.

Dweezil
08-26-2004, 11:28 PM
my folks own an oriental restaurant (chinese/thai/pho etc..free food baby :werd: )

You are one lucky bastard!!

HyperTek
08-26-2004, 11:32 PM
hypertech, why do you have computer specs on your sig hahaha.

cuz my computer has been getting more love then my car recently.. i droped a few hundred just upgrading it.. and with teh adition of broadband this weekend... lol im soo excited!! :drama:

West
08-27-2004, 01:49 AM
Mu Shu and Thai Iced Tea are my FAAAAV Shizzle ever... that and Taro Bubble Tea. To bad I can only get all this at 3-4 places in CO.

ALTRNTV
08-27-2004, 01:56 AM
Panda Express =P

JtWo
08-27-2004, 02:58 AM
I still like them americanized chinese food....I think everyone is americanizing different cultural foods...look at taco bell....oh well...yum

HyperTek
08-27-2004, 09:14 AM
hehe yah.. but if i eat too much in one day, i get sick of it for a while... like I am now.. hhehhe

old_s13
08-27-2004, 10:56 AM
fuck panda express.. i hate all that fast-asian-food.. it sucks fucking donkey dick.

i'de rather eat at a hardcore chinese joint in downtown rated "D" before i eat at some fucking mainstream shit-hole.

again, fuck panda express.. fuck fast-food.

Zemus
08-27-2004, 10:58 AM
HyperTek have you ever had "Pu toe" Its like lil muffny/ cupcake things. Seeing as your filipino, my ex gf was filipino and I had thoes all the time.. yum

Hahah yes and Pia Mia OWNZ :-D .

aznpoopy
08-27-2004, 11:06 AM
fuck panda express.. i hate all that fast-asian-food.. it sucks fucking donkey dick.

i'de rather eat at a hardcore chinese joint in downtown rated "D" before i eat at some fucking mainstream shit-hole.

again, fuck panda express.. fuck fast-food.

chinese fast food? is this a WC thing. over here we only have these little mom and pop shops that sell americanized chinese food. we don't have chains.

s14falcon
08-28-2004, 12:12 AM
chinese fast food? is this a WC thing. over here we only have these little mom and pop shops that sell americanized chinese food. we don't have chains.

only type of place like that i can think of would be in the food court of a mall.

AAA240SX
08-28-2004, 06:47 AM
BUBBLE TEA FAWK YEA! I like mango...

AKADriver
08-28-2004, 11:30 PM
only type of place like that i can think of would be in the food court of a mall.

Yeah, the only "chinese fast food" on most of the east coast is in mall food courts, and it sucks, but as mall food goes it at least beats reheated pizza or taco bell.

Otherwise, the americanized chinese food that you get is cooked to order and generally pretty good. I'm a fan. I mean, what the hell, it's bite size chunks of meat in sweet sauces, you can't really go wrong. I don't get people who bash it because it's not authentic from China... who complains that their delivered pizza isn't authentic Italian? Just like American style pizzas, it's an American food attributed to the immigrants that created it here, and it's good.

General Tso's Chicken isn't exactly the same as Orange Chicken. It's the same sauce, basically, but it has hot thai peppers in it. If it's made well, it's spicy all over... But cheaper restaurants will either put less peppers in it or not cook it long enough so the peppers' heat doesn't mingle with the chicken and you just end up with orange chicken with peppers stuck in it.

KA24DESOneThree
08-29-2004, 01:29 AM
I'm actually getting to the point where I prefer Vietnamese food to Chinese. Chinese is just so greasy... Gotta love the Thai iced tea and boba, though.

Zoom8112
08-29-2004, 08:26 AM
cuz my computer has been getting more love then my car recently.. i droped a few hundred just upgrading it.. and with teh adition of broadband this weekend... lol im soo excited!! :drama:

thats a dope system. nice video card choice. if i had the money, thats what i woudl go with.

feint240
08-29-2004, 10:32 PM
oolong tea=teh shit

West
08-29-2004, 11:20 PM
Guess you guys like dollar-a-scoop places.

NASTY!

AKADriver
08-30-2004, 02:08 AM
Yeah that's the mall food court crap. I've only had that twice. It's nasty but I still prefer it to taco bell if I'm gonna eat in a mall.

There's like a hierarchy of americanized chinese food...

Best
1. Sit-down restaurant style
2. Delivery cooked to order style
3. Buffet style (including cheap lunch plate specials offered by restaurants in groups 1 and 2)
4. Mall food court slop style
Worst

haha, I've had americanized chinese food that was practically gourmet. There was this restaurant on Route 7 north of Troy, NY where my friends and I ate a couple times to celebrate when we were in college... stuff was usually like, $10-15 a plate, but it was incredible. The presentation was great, too.

A couple of the hole in the wall sit down restaurants near me have lunch specials on weekdays.. the food isn't as good as their normal stuff because they make it in big batches and serve it up buffet style under heat lamps.

It still beats the bona fide "fast food" though. That stuff is weird indeed.

HyperTek
08-30-2004, 10:57 AM
thats a dope system. nice video card choice. if i had the money, thats what i woudl go with.

hehe, im waiting for my 1gig pc3200 ram to come in today, then imma build a water cooling system http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=324558

oojpeeoo
08-30-2004, 08:18 PM
eating sweat and sour chicken is basically eating a chicken nugget with sweet sour sauce... but i aint complaining ^^