PDA

View Full Version : How to unbolt a brake booster on a LHD S13

Croustibat
08-23-2015, 03:08 AM
Hey guys,

i was a little stuck yesterday trying to remove that thing. I unbolted the MC, no problem at all, ans then proceeded to remove the 4 bolts on the other side.

My problem is that i just have no access to the upper right one. The 3 others went easily, but i just can't reach the 4th. Is there a trick here ? Do i need to unbolt something else first ? Use an extension ? It seems the hard part is removing the clip, but i got stopped before :p

cotbu
08-23-2015, 08:46 AM
You mean the nut no one puts back on?
Back on seat arm and hand between brake and accelerator open box end wrench and do it by feel just cracked it free then use your fingers.

Tip: Start with the hard ones first!

Sent from a Highly Tuned Note 4.5!!!

zombiewolf513
08-23-2015, 09:06 AM
I use a ratcheting wrench on that one.

Like cotbu said, getting the hard one off first makes the whole process easier

Croustibat
08-23-2015, 01:13 PM
Finally did it. I had to remove the seat and get on my back to access it ... what a nightmare ... The worst was actually setting and fitting the brake rod again, because i started screwing these 4 bolts first and of course it didn't line up :rimshot:

Now done. I will test tomorrow and see if my problem is still there. I had every symptom of pad knockback, but i changed everything brake related except the booster (and i say everything ... wheels, wheel bearings, spindles, suspension arms, brake discs, calipers, lines, master cylinder, purged a bazillion times, problem was still there)