PDA

View Full Version : WTB: KA24DE Motor in Wisconsin

Mustangs Suck
08-24-2004, 06:41 PM
Looking for a KA24DE motor in WI so I can start rebuilding it and getting ready do a KA-T

Anyone have one for me?

ryan hagen
08-25-2004, 06:56 AM
i got a short block, no head though.

Mustangs Suck
08-25-2004, 07:43 AM
details on engine?

(is there such a thing as a KA24DE long block?) sorry..dumb with terms heh.

Mustangs Suck
08-25-2004, 06:40 PM
haha n/m i got what you're saying :doh: I'm looking for a long block if anything, but seeing how I think my engine just blew, I'm most likely not going to be looking for anything anymore...but we'll see....

ryan hagen
08-25-2004, 10:19 PM
my cam towers were shreaded on my old motor that i was haveing rebuilt so i took the head off one of my others, now since i robbed the head form it its just a short block, i ve been toying with the idea of putting polished rods in it, and ka24e pistons, but i ve been building my ka-t and havent had time to dick with it so its sits as a short block from a 93, with like 163k on it. it came from one of my friends cars, all it needs is the:
head
cams
front upper timing cover
dist.
valve cover
and upper 2 row chain and tensioners

i ahve alot of it except the head its-self.

S13FREEAAK
08-26-2004, 12:14 AM
I might have one for you, but it'd have to be picked up in like a week. Where in WI are you?

Mustangs Suck
08-26-2004, 01:24 AM
Ryan - How much you looking to get for it all?

S13 - Details on motor, and how much are you looking to get out of it? I am in New Berlin, WI, about 15 min. north of downtown Milwaukee.

Thanks.

ryan hagen
08-27-2004, 11:12 AM
make a offer, i dont know that id ever use it. i want to but then it turns into a distraction and i dont need to get any more side tracked than i already am on this project.

Mustangs Suck
08-28-2004, 06:33 PM
S13 - Any word yet on if you got a motor for me or not?

Ryan - I got another long block I'm awaiting to hear from, if not - What all parts do you have that I'd need, I know you said you don't have the head, but you got some others? If so, I have no idea what it's all worth to you to just get it out of your space....so give me what you'd be happy with letting it all go for, and we'll see if I'll pick it up or decide to get a different one.

Thanks.

S13FREEAAK
08-28-2004, 09:38 PM
The motor has 200k on it. It ran when it was pulled but is in need of a rebuild. I have a tranny for it if you want it. Let me know what else you want to know.

Mustangs Suck
08-28-2004, 10:58 PM
That's all i pretty much wanted to know - I'm good as far as the tranny goes. If you want to let it go - how much are you looking to get for it? It is a DE right?

S13FREEAAK
08-28-2004, 11:21 PM
yeah the motor is a de. I would like 150-200 for it.

SirWarrior
08-28-2004, 11:50 PM
LMK if you still are looking for DE motor.
Got one taking space in the garage.

Mustangs Suck
08-29-2004, 05:53 PM
S13 - Alright, well I'll see what's all goin' on with me $$ wise after awhile and if I don't find anything a bit closer, I'll holler.

Sir - Details on engine and how much you looking for to get it?

ryan hagen
08-30-2004, 12:03 AM
i ve got every thing for it except for the head and valves/springs/retainers/shims, basically every thing that is part of the head. but every thing else that bolts on the outside like valve cover, upper timing cover, cams(s14), intake and exhaust manifolds, i got all that. and every thing else form the headgasket down. lmk if you want it and just throw out a price, i was gonna pull the rods out of it and on ebay they seem to go for $25 +10 shipping for a set of 4, i m building a ka-t later and wanted cryo rods, and i need a set to send in. i already have a 3rd motor ripped apart but one rod was bad i found out today, so i kinda have a use for the motor to use the rods, but i could just buy rods seperate cause then i d have even more parts laying around if i took the whole thing apart just for hte rods.
right now for ka's i got:
s13 short block(for sale for right price)
s14 ka (in car)
s13 ka (ripped apart for ka-t rebuild with one bad rod)
s13 ka (blown up next to garage, unsure if anything is good)
so you can see i got alot of ka parts layin around, just short on heads.

nonissan
08-31-2004, 01:16 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx