PDA

View Full Version : Counter-Strike Global Offensive

speedgod^s13
07-30-2015, 04:33 PM
I'm getting back into the Counter-Strike series, after a long hiatus. I am horrible. Looking for guys that are good, that I can scrim with, and learn from.

jdhariwal
07-30-2015, 05:12 PM
I also made my way back after 5-6 years... used to play 1.6 as a kid with friends who recently started playing GO. I've been playing for 3-4 months now, ranked DMG now.

Believe me, you don't want to "scrim" with people better with you. It's not even really a scrim anymore, its a "competitive" match. The ranking system automatically puts you up against people the same rank, so if you match up with people better than, youll end up playing people 10x better, you'll get rekt, and your team will bitch at you for bringing them down. My advice is to watch a couple youtube vids on how competitive is played and dust2 strats, and just solo que with random people until you get better or find friends the same rank.

Hit me up, steam account is jdhariwal . I'm not on much anymore though.

slider2828
07-30-2015, 05:18 PM
Same here... stopped playing for over 10 years now. Now back into MGE with 400 hours in the last 9 months or so...

The only complaint I have is its AWP or nothing in higher ranks. Thats how I feel.

But you need to play with people are as good or better than you to rank up

speedgod^s13
07-30-2015, 06:48 PM
I also made my way back after 5-6 years... used to play 1.6 as a kid with friends who recently started playing GO. I've been playing for 3-4 months now, ranked DMG now.

Believe me, you don't want to "scrim" with people better with you. It's not even really a scrim anymore, its a "competitive" match. The ranking system automatically puts you up against people the same rank, so if you match up with people better than, youll end up playing people 10x better, you'll get rekt, and your team will bitch at you for bringing them down. My advice is to watch a couple youtube vids on how competitive is played and dust2 strats, and just solo que with random people until you get better or find friends the same rank.

Thanks for the advice. I played cs, when no one owned a computer, and everyone went to internet cafe's! I was a lot better back then, but never super good. I'll keep queing, until I rank up. I tried searching for you, but nothing came up in Steam.
Same here... stopped playing for over 10 years now. Now back into MGE with 400 hours in the last 9 months or so...

The only complaint I have is its AWP or nothing in higher ranks. Thats how I feel.

But you need to play with people are as good or better than you to rank up

The only thing that pisses me off, is when playing solo I end up with idiots. Granted, I'm not good by any means. But, there are so many guys, that play just to piss off people. Or, have no clue on how to play. I guess it's my fault, for not being ranked, and that is why I end up getting pooled up with the rest of the noobs. But still, it does get frustrating, when I'm trying to complete objective, and these guys are dicking around.

jdhariwal
07-30-2015, 09:02 PM
Try looking up .:Veilside:. (yes, i know. i made it when tokyo drift came out and i was like 14)

Yeah dude, that's why i quit playing. way too many fucking trolls. And like you said, it could be people that just don't know how to play. The only way I play now is if my other 4 friends are on and we have a full team.

speedgod^s13
07-30-2015, 09:35 PM
Try looking up .:Veilside:. (yes, i know. i made it when tokyo drift came out and i was like 14)

Yeah dude, that's why i quit playing. way too many fucking trolls. And like you said, it could be people that just don't know how to play. The only way I play now is if my other 4 friends are on and we have a full team.

There are too many players with that name. Just add me v|etlad|n

Edwin562
07-30-2015, 11:34 PM
i spend more time playing than fixing problems on my s13....... ehh oh well.

omgRWDgoodness!
07-31-2015, 08:28 AM
Been PC gaming since like '01-'02, and never understood how people take shit so seriously. Scrim? Matches? It's a computer game. I remember when I had an Xbox Live subscription and played Halo 2, and after a while just started avoiding ranked games completely because of all the nerds whining when you TKed them accidentally or whatever. I guess I'm just too casual, I'd rather play on a bot server and enjoy myself than one full of cheaters & trash-talkers that'll frustrate you and suck all the fun out of it.

That said, Global Offensive is alright but my favorite CS will always be Condition Zero & then Source after that. "Insurgency" is a pretty fun game that uses the GO engine, though. But of course CS will always come second to Day of Defeat ;)

speedgod^s13
07-31-2015, 04:49 PM
Been PC gaming since like '01-'02, and never understood how people take shit so seriously. Scrim? Matches? It's a computer game. I remember when I had an Xbox Live subscription and played Halo 2, and after a while just started avoiding ranked games completely because of all the nerds whining when you TKed them accidentally or whatever. I guess I'm just too casual, I'd rather play on a bot server and enjoy myself than one full of cheaters & trash-talkers that'll frustrate you and suck all the fun out of it.

That said, Global Offensive is alright but my favorite CS will always be Condition Zero & then Source after that. "Insurgency" is a pretty fun game that uses the GO engine, though. But of course CS will always come second to Day of Defeat ;)

I get what you're saying. But, playing in casual is just as bad if not worse, when it comes to whiners, and complainers. Oh, and don't get me started on mic spammers. I played Insurgency for a little while, but never really got into it.

gearhead55
08-02-2015, 11:26 AM

Day of Defeat was the shit! I loved that game, I wish they would make a new version.

jdhariwal
08-02-2015, 05:06 PM
its not about taking shit seriously. People fuck around all the time in comp matches. Its about playing the game with more strategy. Makes is more fun than just running around and shooting people. All casual is run around and shoot each other. When the objective is more about getting the bomb plant. I play comp matches because is 10x funner than casual.

And while to you its "just a computer game", some people might actually actually enjoy playing it and making a hobby of it. Theirs a community for it just like any other hobby, like zilvia. That's arrogant to label everyone nerds cause they want to play a competitive game.

Frank_Jaeger
08-02-2015, 05:57 PM

I'm MG2 after 473 hours over 6 months. I've never played CS before GO or any online FPS for that matter. In my experience ranking with higher level players and queuing against higher levels is the best thing you can do to get better. I'm talking one rank or two ranks max.

Aside from that, when you're in game and find good players, add them as friends. I consistently play with 2-3 friends at least in competitive. My experiences solo queuing have ranged from great to abysmal. Playing with people you know almost or completely eliminates the risk of getting bad teammates.

speedgod^s13
08-05-2015, 12:44 AM
I'm MG2 after 473 hours over 6 months. I've never played CS before GO or any online FPS for that matter. In my experience ranking with higher level players and queuing against higher levels is the best thing you can do to get better. I'm talking one rank or two ranks max.

Aside from that, when you're in game and find good players, add them as friends. I consistently play with 2-3 friends at least in competitive. My experiences solo queuing have ranged from great to abysmal. Playing with people you know almost or completely eliminates the risk of getting bad teammates.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Nismo_34
08-05-2015, 07:44 AM
I started playing about 6 months ago. I've played source and 1.6, but only a few games here and there. I didn't even know this game was out until my friend told me about it. I'm currently GN3. When I was first ranked I started at SME, only because my friends are pretty good and I did average in their games. I've won 23ish comp games I think. I dint have a lot of play time because I play a few other games. Buy gta v on pc hasn't helped that.

Anyways, feel free to add me on stream: That Neeja Lank

Just a fair warning I change my name semi often just for fun.

speedgod^s13
08-05-2015, 05:03 PM
I started playing about 6 months ago. I've played source and 1.6, but only a few games here and there. I didn't even know this game was out until my friend told me about it. I'm currently GN3. When I was first ranked I started at SME, only because my friends are pretty good and I did average in their games. I've won 23ish comp games I think. I dint have a lot of play time because I play a few other games. Buy gta v on pc hasn't helped that.

I ranked straight to a Gold Nova 4, after my 10th match. I was pretty stoked, not being a silver. How often do you play?

Nismo_34
08-05-2015, 05:28 PM
I was playing almost everyday for a couple months. I get on once or twice a week and mostly play comp. I'm usually on stream every evening after work, not so much on weekends. So if you see me online just hit me up and I'll join a party

speedgod^s13
08-07-2015, 12:32 AM
Straight up Smurfs are fucking pissing me off. Almost every single match I played today, was with guys smurfing. One was a whole team of them.

Nismo_34
08-07-2015, 06:35 AM
Smurfs piss me off when they're whiny and complain the whole game. I don't mind being wrecked by them if I can learn something.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

speedgod^s13
08-08-2015, 05:17 PM

Did a search for your name, and nothing came up. A lot of Neeja's though.

Nismo_34
08-08-2015, 05:19 PM
Did a search for your name, and nothing came up. A lot of Neeja's though.
Neenja sorry

BossHogg
08-08-2015, 06:16 PM
1.5 was the shit. And its STEAM not stream. I still remember calling people noobs for saying stream lol....... Office pump shotty with duallies. Win game. DE_CBBLE was a classic to.

It's as bad as people calling GREDDY.....greedy lol. I will never understand it. Its so simple.

speedgod^s13
08-08-2015, 07:43 PM
Neenja sorry

There are a lot of neenja though. Don't know which one is you.

Sent from my OnePlus One

Nismo_34
08-08-2015, 09:57 PM
There are a lot of neenja though. Don't know which one is you.

Sent from my OnePlus One
Damn it I suck. That Neenja Lank, sorry

speedgod^s13
08-09-2015, 01:13 AM
Damn it I suck. That Neenja Lank, sorry

I'll add you later today. Off to work, I go.

Sent from my OnePlus One

gearhead55
08-09-2015, 09:16 PM
Straight up Smurfs are fucking pissing me off. Almost every single match I played today, was with guys smurfing. One was a whole team of them.

What's smurfing?

Frank_Jaeger
08-10-2015, 03:19 PM
What's smurfing?
The game has a built in matchmaking system so in theory players should only play against other players of or near their own skill.

Smurfs purposefully play below their skill to fall in ranks (derank) and then once they've fallen sufficiently far they own noobs hard.

The problem with this is the rank system is always balancing so smurfing causes legitimate players' ranks to drop.

Nismo_34
08-10-2015, 03:28 PM
The game has a built in matchmaking system so in theory players should only play against other players of or near their own skill.

Smurfs purposefully play below their skill to fall in ranks (derank) and then once they've fallen sufficiently far they own noobs hard.

The problem with this is the rank system is always balancing so smurfing causes legitimate players' ranks to drop.
See also; players create a 2nd and sometimes 3rd account in order to start from the bottom unranked.

gearhead55
08-10-2015, 04:12 PM
ah gotcha

msglength

speedgod^s13
10-26-2015, 07:28 AM
Well, I am currently ranked DMG. I was LE for a little while, but was getting wrecked by better players/smurfs. I've gotten a LOT better though. Playing a lot smarter, and getting way more frags. Still inconsistent as hell though, some games I'll rape, and in others, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn!

speedgod^s13
10-26-2015, 07:43 AM
Well, I am currently ranked DMG. I was LE for a little while, but was getting wrecked by better players/smurfs. I've gotten a LOT better though. Playing a lot smarter, and getting way more frags. Still inconsistent as hell though, some games I'll rape, and in others, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn!

Frank_Jaeger
10-26-2015, 09:04 AM
I'm MGE. Hoping to hit DMG soon.

sickstatus
10-27-2015, 01:47 PM
Add me sushisushisushi

Frank_Jaeger
10-27-2015, 02:15 PM
Add me sushisushisushi

Added. My avatar is Super Advan V2 wheels and my profile name is racist.

speedgod^s13
11-02-2015, 05:25 AM
Add me sushisushisushi

What's your rank? I should be LE again, soon.

sickstatus
11-02-2015, 11:43 AM
You're too good.

I'm mge but just dropped to mg2 cause I been goofing off with friends.

speedgod^s13
11-03-2015, 05:13 AM
You're too good.

I'm mge but just dropped to mg2 cause I been goofing off with friends.

If you can get to MGE, you can get to DMG. I've seen LE's that are horrible, as well as MGE's that were almost pro like. Ranks don't really mean shit.

speedgod^s13
02-05-2016, 01:17 PM
So, cs go is utter shit now, after they fucked with the rankings. It seems as if every single match, there are smurfs/pros playing. Oh, and this is in gold nova 4! I'm mg1 now, and I'm getting reckt left and right, in matches.

Frank_Jaeger
02-06-2016, 11:47 AM
Overall they made the player distribution much better, however the consequence was they made it insanely easy for smurfs to derank. I was MG1 yesterday and after three consecutive games of my team getting completely shit on I deranked to GN4. It's funny because most of my MG1 games have actually been easier than GN4. I'm finding that the skill level within ranks varies widely. It's going to take time for the ranking system to truly even out.

backfast
02-06-2016, 04:37 PM
Cs 1.5 was the golden days.. Lol.