PDA

View Full Version : 95 s14 boh PLEASE HELP!!

dannysanchez208
07-30-2015, 04:30 PM
So i have a 95 s14 i bought it not running right so i did complete tune up since it wasnt running and hadnt passed smog since 2003. Now i got it to pass smog and run about 85% but i cant get rid of this stupid bog. It only does it when the engine is completely cooled down. For example when i first start it it idle fine at about 1000-1200 then i start driving and at any random time or gear it will be smooth and just bog out like just jerk it self. Also when its up to temp that bog goes away and runs perfect smooth as a whistle but when i give it full throttle in first gear it bogs but everyother gear is fine at full throttle..

Things ive replaced:
-spark plugs.
-wires
-cap & rotor
-fuel filter
-knock sensor
-throttle possition sensor
-MAF
-o2 sensor
-alternator belt
-valve cover gasket
-timing TDC

Excuse the long explanation and bad grammar theres a reason i didnt graduate lol

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

kruked
07-30-2015, 07:29 PM
Auto or manual transmission?
If it's an auto, it could be the shift solenoid.

dannysanchez208
07-30-2015, 07:31 PM
Manual

kruked
07-30-2015, 08:10 PM
I'm stumped.

Is your TPS set the the correct OHMs? ECU throwing any codes?

My Xterra had this simular issue. It's an auto. The TPS was one problem, shift solenoid was the other several months later.

dannysanchez208
07-30-2015, 08:24 PM
My ecu isnt throwing any codes right now but everyonce in a while it comes up and its for the MAF but i replaced it like 3 times

dannysanchez208
07-31-2015, 12:24 PM
I'm stumped.

Is your TPS set the the correct OHMs? ECU throwing any codes?

My Xterra had this simular issue. It's an auto. The TPS was one problem, shift solenoid was the other several months later.
I re adjusted my tps last night and still the same issue

rbpwrd240
08-04-2015, 03:14 PM
You mention O2 sensor did you replace both of them? Its been awhile since I did mine but I think there is a front and rear. A dirty O2 could be sending bad oxygen readings to ecu causing fuel issues.

dannysanchez208
08-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Well i just switched the front o2 sensor because when it had the check engine light thats the only one that came up

joshy240sxxx
08-04-2015, 10:59 PM
is this happening only while accelerating?

dannysanchez208
08-04-2015, 11:04 PM
Yes and mostly while cold. It happens while accelerating normally to get up to speed and at full throttle only in first

joshy240sxxx
08-04-2015, 11:20 PM
could be a fuel issue, but before i start throwing out stuff. you said it keeps throwing maf codes? and you have replaced them multiple times...... I would try the wiggle wire test which would be while its running wiggle the maf wires and see if it does anything such as change idle or you hear the engine try to die. If nothing happens I would just wiggle any wires you can get to safely while its running and see if anything happens if it does you would have a damaged wire and or loose connection. I would also check the connector and pins itself.

dannysanchez208
08-04-2015, 11:43 PM
could be a fuel issue, but before i start throwing out stuff. you said it keeps throwing maf codes? and you have replaced them multiple times...... I would try the wiggle wire test which would be while its running wiggle the maf wires and see if it does anything such as change idle or you hear the engine try to die. If nothing happens I would just wiggle any wires you can get to safely while its running and see if anything happens if it does you would have a damaged wire and or loose connection. I would also check the connector and pins itself.
Well just today i went to pick n pull and got a new plug so i cut the original one off and put the new one but it didnt make much of a difference

joshy240sxxx
08-05-2015, 12:45 PM
was there a difference when you wiggled them?

joshy240sxxx
08-05-2015, 12:48 PM
http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/s13-240sx-89-94/74679-bogging-issues-hesitation-look-here.html

run down that check list buddy see if that helps.

dannysanchez208
08-05-2015, 01:45 PM
http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/s13-240sx-89-94/74679-bogging-issues-hesitation-look-here.html

Thanks joshy ill try that out ill let you know how it goes

dannysanchez208
08-05-2015, 08:48 PM

Joshy. So i did the top dead center i also had my friend thats a mechanic check it and now it wont start.

dannysanchez208
08-06-2015, 12:43 PM
I actually got it to start now i just drove it to the gas station last nighy it didnt bog but the dizzy was retarted so it was feeling a bit sluggish but i just moved it a bit and it ran better.. now the test is to see if it wont bog on the first drive of the day

joshy240sxxx
08-06-2015, 10:07 PM
why wouldnt it start? so the ignition timing was off? did you use a timing light and everything?

dannysanchez208
08-06-2015, 10:16 PM
Yea ignition timing was off and yes we used a timing light my brother said it was at 20 degrees or something like that im not to sure how timing works... and so today i drove it while it was cold and it still bogged basically same thing as before but now i can fullthrottle it in first

joshy240sxxx
08-06-2015, 10:48 PM
well at least your heading in the right direction.... so if you checked everything on that list another problem that can cause bogging with a cold engine is a faulty coolant temp sensor. I would check the resistance to see If its bad. I would start by just checking the connector for corrosion or anything broken. you could just replace it they run around 20 bucks or so.

but there are two coolant sensors a single wire that is for your temp gauge and a 2 wire that sends info to the ecu. you would want to replace the 2 wire but check the connector first.

dannysanchez208
08-26-2015, 12:10 AM
well at least your heading in the right direction.... so if you checked everything on that list another problem that can cause bogging with a cold engine is a faulty coolant temp sensor. I would check the resistance to see If its bad. I would start by just checking the connector for corrosion or anything broken. you could just replace it they run around 20 bucks or so.

but there are two coolant sensors a single wire that is for your temp gauge and a 2 wire that sends info to the ecu. you would want to replace the 2 wire but check the connector first.
Hey joshy sorry for the late reply been having some problems... but i checked my coolant temperature switch and it did have a bad clip it was being held on by really old electrical tape so i got a new one at pick n pull and just today august 25th i put a new o2 sensor but i feel like the actual bogging or stumbling as im driving is now worse with the new o2 sensor