PDA

View Full Version : Jumping Wires for A/C ?

beeronz
07-09-2015, 04:36 AM
Hey everyone,
Regarding jumping wires for a/c, what do they mean by that? Do I run a wire that's connected to each? Or do I run a powered 12v wire to each?
This is for a 98 240 SE, with an s14 SR if that makes any differences.
I found the thread for jumping a/c wires to get the compressor to turn on, but it didn't go into detail on what to do exactly so I don't wanna fry anything.

Appreciate the help!

japslapsilvia
07-10-2015, 10:22 AM
Typically when people refer to "jumping wires" to get the a/c compressor to turn on they are talking about the pressure switch. if you are working with any empty system (which i assume you are) you shouldnt need to jump any wires on a properly evacuated system that is holding vac, and ready for a charge.

beeronz
07-10-2015, 03:05 PM
Typically when people refer to "jumping wires" to get the a/c compressor to turn on they are talking about the pressure switch. if you are working with any empty system (which i assume you are) you shouldnt need to jump any wires on a properly evacuated system that is holding vac, and ready for a charge.

Well, the swap on the car was done before wiring specialties went into business so they havent wired the a/c.
I attached the image of the part I'm questioning about from a thread I found online. I didn't want to revive an old thread.