PDA

View Full Version : Overheating issues?

xxSleepy562xx
06-27-2015, 02:08 PM
Hey guys, after a long while of not having any overheating or temperature rises issues. My car decided to get near fully hot temperature yesterday. I drove fine the whole day until I got home and noticed the temperature. I've already checked for leaks on the coolant hoses, around the thermostat, water pump, and checked my oil. Everything seems to be fine, so I'm thinking is it my coolant temperature sensor that's messing with me? Because I replaced my alternator a while ago, and someone accidently messed with it while I was under the car and ever since then my temp gauge wouldn't always be accurate or would jump up and down.

carcrazee
06-28-2015, 04:37 PM
what car? what motor? explain the cooling setup u have on the car and maybe somebody will shed some light..

solo_ryder
06-28-2015, 04:53 PM
There are 2 sensors... A coolant temp sensor and a coolant temp switch, the switch is what your cluster will read. Get a new one from wherever (less then 20$) and try that first, its a single wire sensor.

xxSleepy562xx
06-28-2015, 09:04 PM
Sorry, s13 with an s14 KA. Just an aluminum radiator for now lol.

xxSleepy562xx
06-28-2015, 09:06 PM
There are 2 sensors... A coolant temp sensor and a coolant temp switch, the switch is what your cluster will read. Get a new one from wherever (less then 20$) and try that first, its a single wire sensor.

I'll give it a shot! I hope it's just that little thing that's giving me problems. So far after I've driven the car it hasn't shot up since. So hopefully it's the switch! Thank you!