PDA

View Full Version : When your life is flipped upside down, my son have been diagnosed with Leukemia!!!

wisniaPl
05-18-2015, 05:16 PM
I’ve been part of this forum for a while .However lately I wasn't active at all.

There is reason behind it. When you get everything in order have decent life, steady job and you fell like everything is alright, life turns around and slaps you in the face!!

On April 22nd, 2015 my 10 year old son Adrian was diagnosed with APL Leukemia-Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia.
Something that started as a pretty normal visit in ER with headaches and bruises turned our life upside down. He has been admitted to hospital and started Chemo and ARTA treatment 2 days after. He spend his 10th Birthday in hospital also.

The whole family tries to be positive, since being positive is 50% of the success in treatment, but is hard when doctors tell you that survival rate with this disease is 60-70%. My wife had to quit her career since someone was required to be in hospital nonstop, because all treatment and procedures. He has to be monitored at home multiple times and go to the doctor every other day for blood work, transfusion and treatment. He has been home in last 3 days, his hair is coming out but doctors say he might have to be hospitalized again,for further treatment.

I work full time but its hard now with one income and all expenses. What sucks is that couple days ago we got a letter from our health insurance worded very gentle basically saying to get ready to pay upcoming bills , because they won’t cover everything.

We have two kids, Adrian and his younger sister 3 year old Aleksandra. After speaking with doctors and other parents with kids on the unit we are trying to raise money for Adrian treatment expenses as well as financial help for us. I'll sell everything I have but I doubt is going to be enough after having a talk and hearing experiences other parents are going thru.
Any help, and prayers are appreciated right now. Spread the word. Please help Adrian beat APL Leukemia.

Here is the link to go fund me website
http://www.gofundme.com/ug3jsw

We all chase our career and material stuff. We take everything for granted, but it all doesn't matter when shit like that happens.

rawgarage
05-18-2015, 06:21 PM
Prayer Sent Up.

wisniaPl
05-19-2015, 06:23 AM
Thank you
It is a shitty reality check :(
I doesnt matter who you are what you have it just hits you like a thunder from the sky

5280VertDET
05-19-2015, 09:38 AM
Good luck dude, hope everything works out. I know it's not where your located, but there are a few other resources for temp housing while you kiddo is in treatment.

https://apps.stjude.org/EmailForms/jsp/contact_form.jsp

tiecapoi
05-20-2015, 06:44 AM
there are a few other resources for temp housing while you kiddo is in treatment.http://goo.gl/tVxTl6

wisniaPl
05-20-2015, 11:37 AM
We are trying to stay positive so he will stay positive .....helps a lot when he acts like a normal child...even going thru the day is easier. In positve state of mind

S14kouki805
05-20-2015, 11:51 AM
Sorry to hear bro, my son got diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes last month...

Makes you wish you could transfer the illness to yourself...

Stay up man