PDA

View Full Version : Radiator help! What the heck is this?

CaTalyst.X
05-10-2015, 11:53 AM
Hey all. I bought an S13 w/ an S14 SR20DET and it came with this blitz radiator and a universal flex a lite 15" 2800cfm fan. I had some problems with overheating in the past so I was looking into different fan setups, and I noticed that this radiator doesn't look like a normal sr20det radiator. Most of the SR rads have mounting tabs on the bottom, and mine does not. Even the pictures of other Blitz LM radiators I have found for the SR20 have the tabs on the bottom. This radiator bolts right in the factory location. Could it be out of a different nissan? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p701/ry_larson/20150510_102244_zps5p3lgsal.jpg
-
http://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p701/ry_larson/20150510_102252_zpseartrvhx.jpg

SidewaysS13ka
05-16-2015, 05:31 PM
was your car ever wrecked in the front end, if your rad support is tweaked, the upper mounts wont line up or sit crooked, and you should have the tabs on the bottom of the support unless the other owner cut them off for whatever reason. i have a mint clutch fan with out the clutch hanging up in my garage, if you decide to go that route. pm me if thats what you decide

thegr8one013
05-16-2015, 05:42 PM
take a picture of the bottom, maybe we can notice something like if it was modified and removed

SidewaysS13ka
05-16-2015, 05:44 PM
take a picture of the bottom, maybe we can notice something like if it was modified and removed

i like his idea, because your rad has the posts on the bottom to sit in the tabs on the rad support.

anti tyler
05-16-2015, 06:04 PM
He's not saying anything about the chassis... He's saying every other radiator he's witnessed, has had tabs on the bottom.

I'm no radiator expert but it is possible this was from another vehicle, and has the same layout as the sr20 ones do. If that's all you're asking.

wussmonster
05-16-2015, 07:43 PM
If you're over heating, go back to a stock fan shroud and clutch fan. It cools better than an efan setup.

anti tyler
05-16-2015, 08:55 PM
If you're over heating, go back to a stock fan shroud and clutch fan. It cools better than an efan setup.

Shouldn't matter, stock fan and shroud or open e fan setup. It shouldn't over heat either way. I have an electric fan with no shroud and it has never overheated.

If it is overheating then that's an obvious sign something else is wrong in the cooling system, although again, I don't think that's what he's getting at people...

kruked
05-16-2015, 11:31 PM
If you guys zoom in on the first picture and look at the bottom of the radiator, you can just barely see the bottom post.
They do appear to be in line w/ the top post.

It would also help if the OP would respond to some of these responses.