PDA

View Full Version : the "tuning" scene...

HyperTek
08-13-2004, 04:11 PM
I miss the 98-00 era.. I could go to sites like overboost.com and speedoptions and read stuff, now i go there and its all gay.. its soo overated and stupid now, i lost interest in going to shows etc. and besides, too many assclowns involved...

who else shares my feeling??

Ghettokracker71
08-13-2004, 04:12 PM
Agreed. I'm also sick of import models

hmooblis
08-13-2004, 04:29 PM

Im Not... Hahaha

Ghettokracker71
08-13-2004, 04:34 PM
LOL ! I think they a fugly ,to tell you the truth. I don't want to see some ugly bitch all over a nice car. I have a girlfreind,the hottest girl ever IMO therefore no other girl can compare.

The tuning scene from what I see of it,is all rice and hype now. For example,back in the day the "hottest import" in my area was a fully built Supra. I live in a fairly small town to everybody knew of it,ya know? Nowadays the import everybody talks about seeing is a 2G eclipse with "2prfct" on the plates. It is an auto RS with stock,yes STOCK exhaust. Wheels,body kit,lowered (with no camber adjustment,I might add), jDm tYte y0 projector headlights,foglights,wing,neons, window tint and etc. It has the paint that changes color depending on what direction you look at it from with vynal flames...:barf:

keepitmovin
08-14-2004, 01:00 AM
Ill just wait until the ish blows over. Dont you hate talking shop with strangers too..Everyone knows someone or is doing something getter sr soon..yadda yadda yadda..If i meet a cool guy on the mtn or something well talk about something other than cars and if he seems mature enough well get into cars..What am i talking about its late, im gone. Bye >_<

nightwalker
08-14-2004, 01:54 AM
I don't talk to anyone about cars except the people I am friends with. Hate talkin to strangers about imports. Especially post F&F fagats. (about 98% of the import enthusiasts out there) It's worse when they roll up to you in their cheap body kit, altezza tailight, pep-boys rim, R1 racing seat, excessive decal, neon light equipped ride and act hard like they're better than you. What I wonder is how they can drive around town with a straight face and expect people to take them seriously in such a car.

TheSnail
08-14-2004, 02:41 AM
I dont really care too much about what everybody does to their car or what awards they win. Though when I see a stock civic with a "supra" spoiler, and 5" tip, I wonder what they are thinking, but thats it, I dont care to let them know that I dont like their car. They are on a whole diff level. I gave up many years ago, trying to reason what's in there head. I have never been to a single car show, despite me being right next to the NOPI shows. I stay away from the crap people are doing to their cars now days. I just prowle the streets. I am not a "street racer" that seeks betting money or what ever, but just do it for kicks. I manly just go after, big headed domesic owners, to brake their heart and ego. But those guys with hondas, Nissans, Toyota's, Ford, ex.. that drive around with neons and exhaust, I leave them alone unless they start it. Unless they they have something respectable, I wont waste my time trying to understand their idea of "tunning"

xkimcheekidx
08-14-2004, 03:49 AM
ive never really understood the point of "tuning" as a form of style(lights, bodykits, etc.). i dont know if its just me but in many cases there isnt really much "tuning" involved with those. the hardest part has to be driving the car to where ever the "mods" are gonna get installed at.
there are several "ricer" kids at my school always talking about a me doing a s14 se-r swap or why dont i go and buy a bodykit and really tune my car. there always like join their "krew" (which is made up of an accord, caviler, 200sx, and some other pos) and we'll give you MAD respect. they confuse me, just thinking im gonna have to deal with their asses in a couple weeks makes my head hurt.
imo i think they do it for chicks. i personally know i dont get girls coming up to my car and complimenting my stock look while they get girls like oooooooo pretty graffics *giggle giggle giggle*. you know what i mean

S14Speed997
08-16-2004, 02:32 PM
I have a girlfreind,the hottest girl ever IMO therefore no other girl can compare.

Pics or :axe:

240meowth
08-16-2004, 03:13 PM
LOL ! I think they a fugly ,to tell you the truth. I don't want to see some ugly bitch all over a nice car. I have a girlfreind,the hottest girl ever IMO therefore no other girl can compare.

mine is hotter! :fawk:

OptionZero
08-17-2004, 01:10 AM
go to a Local Auto X, get your ass whooped by a stock Daewoo, and suddenly all "fixed up"
cars suddenly become less impressive.

I'd like to take all those "tuners" to an event so they can their butts handed to them.

HyperTek
08-17-2004, 01:42 PM
i feel the same way you guys do. I mean there is no idea or goal to be accomplished by "bodykits lights etc"... My diffinition of tuning is supension, motor mods, tires, and bodykits that all work together to make the car perform better. something like this.. its nicely modded (mid 90's tune?? ) http://www.tuningpt.com/realtuning/realtuning5/hksKansai_s14_qtr.jpg

as apposed to this crap.. http://onlineshowoff.com/images/features/19/vik_001.jpg
a qoute from his interview..
"Actually, I had never seen a skyline before. I wanted to go crazy and all my friends told me skyline R-33's were in, but when I saw the SPW's catalog and saw the R-34's I just fell in love with the headlights and taillights. When I got them in the mail they were about twice the size as I thought they would be"

Andrew Bohan
08-17-2004, 02:20 PM
i hate people

they should die

Bbandit
08-17-2004, 02:37 PM
go to a Local Auto X, get your ass whooped by a stock Daewoo, and suddenly all "fixed up"
cars suddenly become less impressive.

I'd like to take all those "tuners" to an event so they can their butts handed to them.

HAHAH! this is so true!

S14DB
08-17-2004, 02:45 PM
What's a nice way to tell someone to fuck off when the run up asking about your silvia and all the BS they read in a magazine? I'm scared if I come off to strong they'll key my car while im inside.

OptionZero
08-17-2004, 03:03 PM
pretend you dont speak english or that its not ur car or that you are gay

S14DB
08-17-2004, 03:46 PM
pretend you dont speak english or that its not ur car or that you are gay
But, Ricers are :ghey:

Maeda
08-17-2004, 04:36 PM
What are you talking about?
Ricer's are awsome. They just don't take it 500%.

aznpoopy
08-18-2004, 07:25 AM

what??? any scene that gives us natasha yi is a great scene.

seriously though, nobody has ever approcahed me about my 240sx. i think most people don't even know what it is. maybe cali is different but it's not so bad out here. the ricers hang out in local parking lots, staring at cars with HIDs and $300 Maaco yellow paint jobs. they leave me alone.

:drama:

the head
08-18-2004, 08:15 AM
I find that ricers also continuously mean mug when you drive a nicer/faster car than them this shit drives me nuts.

my biggest problem is that the local street racing scene has been completely invaded by these fuckers. before it is mentioned i know street racing is wrong but i used to go down and have a blast hanging out with my friends and making a few passes. anymore these children are trying to brawl with everyone to prove that they are hardasses. i have seen kids start fights just because they lost a race, not a money race just a plain old having a good time race. seriously if id idin't love cars so much i would move on cuz i hate a very large percentage of those in the hobby.

HyperTek
08-18-2004, 12:19 PM
seriously if id idin't love cars so much i would move on cuz i hate a very large percentage of those in the hobby.

agreed... im almost to that point right now... I usually like to have things people dont have or like. Its like something you like, having corperations and media jump into it and introducing assclowns to your sport.

nightwalker
08-18-2004, 12:31 PM
I had a guy in a CRX ask me if my car was an Acura. I just told him it was a Nissan.

Ricer240sx
08-18-2004, 01:00 PM
yeah, there are too many jerkoffs out there, i was just talking to some kid that wanted to get a 240 after ownin 2 TSI's. i tried talking to him about options and he had no idea what i was talking about, all he know was that u can put the silvia engin in there :rolleyes: :cj: i told him that i was turboing my motor but that i was thinking of scrapping that for a CA swap and he was like whats that??? i told him it was a 1.8l and hes like thats retarded, the Silvia engine is soo good!!!

and there are soo many fagots in civics and such peeling out at every light with there fart cans skreaming soo fucking loud, and there still in the intersection :cj: jackasses, and every single one of them will pull up to me and ask if my car is fast, everytime i say no and there like ya it is its a 240!! lol

and this one guy was trying to tell me my car was turbo when it wasnt casue he of course heard it :mepoke: retard!

Mr. Badlose
08-18-2004, 03:11 PM
I would just like to ask:
"WHY THE HELL WOULD SOMEONE PUT A GIANT STICKER THAT SAYS 'PRELUDE' ON THE WINDSHIELD OF THEIR PRELUDE?!?"

Whhhyyyyyyyy?!

mjjstang
08-18-2004, 04:06 PM
I wanna get an 87 928, I doubt that scene will be fucked by (insert european grain product here) scene for a while.

the head
08-19-2004, 07:37 AM
I would just like to ask:
"WHY THE HELL WOULD SOMEONE PUT A GIANT STICKER THAT SAYS 'PRELUDE' ON THE WINDSHIELD OF THEIR PRELUDE?!?"

Whhhyyyyyyyy?!

one of my friends back in highschool drove an 89 cutlass that had Mercedes Benz on the windshield for that exact reason