PDA

View Full Version : I suspect I have a wiring issue. I cannot figure it out.

leanin sidewayz
04-26-2015, 09:18 PM
I need your help pretty bad. Something I cannot figure out. So here's the short story. About two weeks ago when I went to start my 240 the starter solenoid would click like a machine gun. Got to looking around and seen the ground wire to the for the negative terminal was loose. Fixed the issue.
So yesterday I drove her all over no issues. Then I stopped at 7'11 for beer, and that's when the starter solenoid starting doing that. This time it's not the ground that's the issue. I ended up having to pop start it to get home (maybe 4 blocks). Got it home, all sorts of weird shit was happening. Started messing with it today, and I got power back. Electronic fans would come on everything had power. Went to turn the key, and hit the kill switch/botton and every bit of power drains. Nothing happens. I have to unplug the battery completely to get the power back. Auto seat belts no longer move when I do get power back. Volts and amps are great on the battery. Sorry that wasn't a short story I just wanted to provide you with some detail. Lol I'm pretty boned since it's my daily too.

Side notes - electronic fans are wired to come on just before you crank it over. So position two I'm guessing that'd be.
You have to hold the kill button/switch, and turn the key at the same time to crank it. When the solenoid was clicking rapidly it would only happen if I held the button. But now that no longer matters. All power drains when I turn the key past #2

leanin sidewayz
04-26-2015, 09:19 PM
I should also note my battery is in the trunk. And I have a red top sr in my 240.